Metal Storm logo
Lost Horizon

09.01.2007 - 09:33
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Well what the hell are Lost Horizon doing, they are looking for a vocalist, but its been like 2 years in the working. HURRY UP lol. 4 years for no material is making everyone jumpy.
09.01.2007 - 12:14
Eternal Flames
I know, it's really about time they found a vocalist. I know at one point they had found a singer, although he dropped out. Wojtek has been working with another band called Against The Plagues. Anyway, I think they have been working on a new album while still searching for a new vocalist. But as you said, it's been ages since their last release and it's been quite a while since Daniel Heiman left. They really need to get things back on track.
09.01.2007 - 19:44
Daru Jericho
Oh yeah, the vocalist search! I swear it's only been a year though? I really enjoyed Heiman's vocals so maybe they're taking a lot of time trying to find one to match up to him?
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

10.01.2007 - 00:45
Bitch Boy
Finally!!!! Thanks for the thread dude!!

I have this bad thought that the band would split up if they don't find a new (and good) vocalist soon. Daniel kicked ass, and replacing him will be a hard challenge.
10.01.2007 - 02:28
nightwarrior
Account deleted
yeah they seem to be stuck in time,no albums, no news,no vocalist...it's hard to keep going like this, and if they're trying to replace Daniel with one at the same level it'll surely take more long years to restore the band
10.01.2007 - 02:33
Eternal Flames
Written by Daru Jericho on 09.01.2007 at 19:44

Oh yeah, the vocalist search! I swear it's only been a year though? I really enjoyed Heiman's vocals so maybe they're taking a lot of time trying to find one to match up to him?

Daniel left in late 2004, so it's been two years since he's left. But yes, they probably are trying to find a singer that can equate to Daniel.
10.01.2007 - 04:20
danzig111
Account deleted
dudes, give it up, there will never be a replacement for Daniel Heiman

Though this is one of my top favourite bands of all time, i give up on them .......Such a shame he left, he was the driving force too and their lyrics were sooo meaningful too!
11.01.2007 - 05:14
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Written by Guest on 10.01.2007 at 04:20

Though this is one of my top favourite bands of all time, i give up on them .......Such a shame he left, he was the driving force too and their lyrics were sooo meaningful too!

Why would you give up on them when you dont know what their new material will sound like? Give them a chance man hehe. Though i agree, it doesnt feel like to expect anything better than what they have released already.
12.01.2007 - 00:17
Daru Jericho
I agree with DC. It's pretty unprofessional to give up on a band before their vocalist left without even listening to new material. You might even like the new guy better, or the band might have evolved into a totally different band to accomodate the new singer's voice.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

12.01.2007 - 01:15
danzig111
Account deleted
oh well excuse me .

Personally I think they should change the band name, because I can just feel it that the new singer is not going to be accepted otherwise.
12.01.2007 - 03:15
Eternal Flames
I don't think they should change their name. I mean, you never know, maybe they find a singer that is better than Daniel or suits Lost Horizon's music more, or alternatively as Daru said, maybe they accommodate their style to suit the new singer's voice and maybe you end up liking them more. I know it's probably highly unlikely, but you never really know. Daniel Heiman, despite having amazing vocals, wasn't the only driving force behind Lost Horizon. They had great musicianship and their songwriting was brilliant. They might not be able to find a vocalist as good as Dan, but if they find a decent vocalist I'll still be happy to listen to them. I won't hold their past albums in comparison to their new material, if they do eventually find a vocalist.
12.01.2007 - 17:34
okt31
Account deleted
It's an absolutely mindblowing band.. Heiman is a big loss as Heed is not that great like LH was. Heed misses the mystical atmosphere of LH, and generally the grandious epic feeling. Lisicki is a great composer, it's a shame he's not anymore in team with Daniel Heiman. I think both would do better to reunite. However, I could accept a great singer with a suitable range. I wouldn't cry if he would be up to Heiman's standards.
12.01.2007 - 22:19
Bitch Boy
@ danzig: the vocals aren't everything, the rest of the guys is very talented, and the band must not change the name only because of a new singer.
12.01.2007 - 23:25
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@Bitch Boy: I am no longer 'danzig' but 'Lowelas'

anyway, okay yes the vocals are not everything i suppose.....the keyboards owned haha.........

i do not much like Heed at all , I find the music very un-compelling.
15.01.2007 - 03:27
Angra Fan
Account deleted
it will be hard for the new singer to be as charismatic on-stage as Heimann
31.01.2007 - 16:39
Stormheart
Account deleted
Band that got me into power.First power I heard.But A Flame To The Ground Beneath is not what the Awakening The World is.I dont like it.The first album is better.
17.02.2007 - 03:42
Soundchaserdude
Account deleted
I hope so because AFttGB is so-so
18.02.2007 - 02:31
Slottet av Take
Account deleted
Lost Horizon is to me the absolutely most amazing and under rated band on this planet....and because of that I really hope the do find a really awesome vocalist soon. I think Heiman has the best and most versatile voice of any powermetal vocalist out there and unfortunately hes kind of wasting his talents for his new band, Heed. I think the reason why its taking so long to find a replacement for him is because they never realised how fuckin amazing this dude's voice is and its nigh impossible to find anyone who will deliver their songs even remotely in the same way he did on the first 2 albums.

I agree that Heiman wasnt the only driving force, but remember they also lost Fredrik Olsson to Heed. Suppose I have already in some way given up on the hope that LH will stand up from the ashes but I think deep down I know it wont really happen....and I still feel that whoever the vocalist is who replaces Heiman (if that happens) that it just wont be the same without him and that it will inevitably sound like a completely different band...

...having said that, even a relatively poor effort from LH would kick the shit out of any of the best powermetal that floats around thesedays. I have yet to hear anything coming close to LH's last effort which was a whole of 4 years ago.
13.10.2007 - 22:20
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I did an oral presentation in English Class weeks back analyzing one ov their songs .

What a way to advertise hey
24.01.2008 - 14:59
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
wow their debut album is really starting to grow on me .

and they're recording new material.
29.04.2008 - 08:58
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
I only own A Flame to the Ground Beneath, and WOW! An absolute masterpiece of power metal! Sure its a bit cheesy, but its far beyond any normal power metal band! These guys set out to give power metal a good name again, and did just that. Honestly I think anyone who doesnt appreciate this album simply biased against power metal or just musically unintelligent. That may be arrogant on my part, but I find that to be the truth.
03.05.2008 - 07:01
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Written by Guest on 29.04.2008 at 08:58

I only own A Flame to the Ground Beneath, and WOW! An absolute masterpiece of power metal! Sure its a bit cheesy, but its far beyond any normal power metal band! These guys set out to give power metal a good name again, and did just that. Honestly I think anyone who doesnt appreciate this album simply biased against power metal or just musically unintelligent. That may be arrogant on my part, but I find that to be the truth.

Believe it or not, alot of the 'flower power metal' haters actually dont mind LH.
The second album is equally as good as the first album, but the first album, but the first album has no bad songs, the second is a tad ordinary toward the middle, but counters that like songs like Pure (their best) and Highlander (mainly from 8:00 onwards). Noone else sounds like them, which imo makes them one of the more original bands out there in the power metal scene.
17.05.2008 - 04:44
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
In their lyrics they realise the ultimate reality and that's so refreshing!
05.07.2008 - 21:15
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Dark Cornatus on 03.05.2008 at 07:01

Written by Guest on 29.04.2008 at 08:58

Believe it or not, alot of the 'flower power metal' haters actually dont mind LH.
The second album is equally as good as the first album, but the first album, but the first album has no bad songs, the second is a tad ordinary toward the middle, but counters that like songs like Pure (their best) and Highlander (mainly from 8:00 onwards). Noone else sounds like them, which imo makes them one of the more original bands out there in the power metal scene.

That is true, however, while that album was amazing, I find that it tends to get old rather quickly. I think other power metal bands are amazing, and while I have nothing against Daniel's voice, I personally think there is better. Both albums are amazing, and absolutely essential for a power metal enthusiast.
17.07.2008 - 06:59
BKaz
Account deleted
I haven't read most of this thread but I can safely say that Lost Horizon are my favorite power metal band and I honestly don't think any other power metal band will ever achieve the greatness of Lost Horizon. And seriously - if Lost Horizon ever do find a new vocalist, I can almost 100% guarantee that he will not be better than Heiman. Heiman has a supernaturally good voice. He even gives that golden flame to the mediocre power metal band "Heed". The riffs are so-so on their cd "The Call", but the voice makes up for everything..

It sucks that LH broke up but I would only be able to enjoy new Lost Horizon material if they just reunited the original members, and that doesn't seem likely. I think Wojtek Lisicki and the remaining members should start writing their new material under a new band name..
29.08.2008 - 02:29
LostHorizon
Account deleted
they wont change their name or style to suit the vocalist. protagonist said the vocalist is merely an instrument and was pretty much the reason why daniel left as they didnt really want his input into the creative style of the band. wish daniel had a evil twin brother or something. **** i can't wait anymore!!!
30.08.2008 - 03:58
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 29.08.2008 at 02:29

they wont change their name or style to suit the vocalist. protagonist said the vocalist is merely an instrument and was pretty much the reason why daniel left as they didnt really want his input into the creative style of the band. wish daniel had a evil twin brother or something. **** i can't wait anymore!!!

in some interview by Daniel he said something along the lines of "I don't tolerate people who step all over me". That doesn't sound like he was being stepped all over.
31.08.2008 - 03:52
YoreLore
A brilliant band but the "Protaganists" ego has probably destroyed them. They will most likely never release anything again because something about a new vocalist will bother him. He will look the part but wont have a voice of a god or he will have the voice to rule the world but is a fat guy who wont look the part without a shirt on. It would really bother me if they didnt release anything else but we do have two great albums to enjoy FOREVER. I hope Daniel has a "Matt Barlow" moment and decides to come back
----
"I'm rising in power through murdering rain
Stronger than Faith allows
Braver than heroes vows
...My head is bloody
but I am unbowed
I am power..."
07.09.2008 - 07:30
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Guest on 10.01.2007 at 04:20

he cant be replaced. no one can sing with that kinda power. out of control

i almost hope they dont come back cuz it wont be the same without daniel.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
11.11.2008 - 12:35
Metalbound7
I hope someday Daniel come back home where he belongs. Long Live Power Metal!