Metal Storm logo
Amorphis

Original post

Posted by EddieGunner, 20.05.2006 - 17:07
Amorphis new thread for new forum,
well i know almost everyone on forum said hwat they think or don't think about Amorphis, (my fav band of all times)
but im sure lots of memebrs here will or allready did saw Amorphis live on this new Euro Tour, so if u can tell us more about those shows, how was it what setlist was etc....
and what do u think about Amorphis new album Eclipse
30.04.2008 - 00:46
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 28.04.2008 at 23:43

It is indeed good. I ordered it a week ago from amazon. and my dad said he's going to give it to me as Bday present! (along with the other CD and DVD I ordered.
Am Universum is teh album that got me into Amorphis, it'sa really dark, and melancholic, and Pasi Koskinen sound friggin' amazing.

yeah Pasi was awesome i don't know what happend to him later, on Far From the Sun he was bad dunno why is that, but i think that album was reason why they changed vocal and replaced Pasi with Tomi who's also great vocal abilitys too, i won't say better then Pasi
and yeah i think Am Universum is also one of first amorphis albums i got or it was elegy im not really sure it was ages ago
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
30.04.2008 - 01:06
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by EddieGunner on 30.04.2008 at 00:46

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 28.04.2008 at 23:43

It is indeed good. I ordered it a week ago from amazon. and my dad said he's going to give it to me as Bday present! (along with the other CD and DVD I ordered.
Am Universum is teh album that got me into Amorphis, it'sa really dark, and melancholic, and Pasi Koskinen sound friggin' amazing.

yeah Pasi was awesome i don't know what happend to him later, on Far From the Sun he was bad dunno why is that, but i think that album was reason why they changed vocal and replaced Pasi with Tomi who's also great vocal abilitys too, i won't say better then Pasi
and yeah i think Am Universum is also one of first amorphis albums i got or it was elegy im not really sure it was ages ago

Totally agree. Far From Teh sun is just boring, I tend to think that the only good song there is "Evil Inside"
Well, we can't really compare Pasi and Tomi, their vocal style is different... They're both great, and give Amorphis different ummm... athmosphere, so to speak.
For me it was teh first album and I loved it. I remember my 1st GF couldn't get it so she bought Tuonela and gave it to me. Which is a great album too.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
30.04.2008 - 01:21
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
yeah Tuonela is great album, for me it's hard to decide which is best but i can say don't not in list of fav is first Karelian, dunno i just don't like it as others

back to FFTS yeah Evil Inside is great song, and for sure it's best on album, but i won't say it's boring album it's just nopt same as previus and albums that come after it's dunno yeah atmosphere is totaly diferent,
----
Erno Paasilinna
30.04.2008 - 06:23
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Happy birthday to Tomi, BTW.

Well, I like the albums from tuonela till now. I'm not much into death y'know... so teh 1st albums diin't really got my atention.
Also 'caus ethe 1st song I heard from them was "alone".
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

30.04.2008 - 15:06
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
yeah happy b-day

well Alone was first song i heard but Black Winter Day was song that totaly got me into Amorphis
tales is also death album but i like it alot, and it's much softer then isthumus so thats the reason why i love it

and yeah 30 days left till their show in zagreb and im going to be there finaly to see AMORPHIS live
----
Erno Paasilinna
30.04.2008 - 18:00
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Well, I just listened to FFTS again and you're right. it's just different. I hadn't heard that album in too long. I actuyally enjoyed it alot.
----

01.05.2008 - 01:17
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
he hee

FFTS is good album if u compare it with other metal bands and albums, but if u wanna compare it with other AMORPHIS albums theres problem, cause all other amo albums r for maybe whole class better

im sure that FFTS is one of best albums in the yeah when is released
----
Erno Paasilinna
25.06.2008 - 14:14
Ereinion
Account deleted
I would love to hear some songs with Tomi Joutsen on vocals but for some strange reasons Amorphis has not made a live cd with him so does somebody have a good Amorphis Bootleg?
26.06.2008 - 01:25
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
well hes great live and, i do have some bootlegs
----
Erno Paasilinna
28.06.2008 - 00:54
Candlemass
Defaeco
Old albums rock.
The new one is lukewarm, but its cool for melodic metal lovers.
01.08.2008 - 00:24
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by [user id=19866] on 25.06.2008 at 14:14

I would love to hear some songs with Tomi Joutsen on vocals but for some strange reasons Amorphis has not made a live cd with him so does somebody have a good Amorphis Bootleg?

IMO it's a bit early for a live album with Tomi, he has only been in two albums. Also they didin't released anything live with Pasi either, as far as I know...
----

01.08.2008 - 03:21
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 01.08.2008 at 00:24

IMO it's a bit early for a live album with Tomi, he has only been in two albums. Also they didin't released anything live with Pasi either, as far as I know...

to cinfirm NO they didnt released anything with Pasi, but some live DVD would be great soon, with Pasi and Tomi that would be kick ass
----
Erno Paasilinna
01.08.2008 - 03:56
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by EddieGunner on 01.08.2008 at 03:21

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 01.08.2008 at 00:24

to cinfirm NO they didnt released anything with Pasi, but some live DVD would be great soon, with Pasi and Tomi that would be kick ass

A 2 dic DVD, one for each vocalist would be rad.
----

01.08.2008 - 11:53
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
yeah that would be kick ass, and 3rd with funny stuff from backstage and tour + rarities
----
Erno Paasilinna
03.08.2008 - 07:13
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by EddieGunner on 01.08.2008 at 11:53

yeah that would be kick ass, and 3rd with funny stuff from backstage and tour + rarities

That would be awesome... but... I don't think Pasi do anything funny. I dont' think he's even able to laugh or smile. He probably only sits there, totally inexpressive
----

03.08.2008 - 12:21
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
he hee, beside getting naked on stage dunno....
----
Erno Paasilinna
03.08.2008 - 13:01
Hamird
Lieutenant
well, acting like Red Hot Chili Peppers is not hailed...
04.08.2008 - 13:42
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
Amorphis played an awesome gig at Ankkarock last Saturday. The atmosphere in the audience was great. Tomi even said that it looks like it wouldn't matter which songs they played, because people would still sing along and jump. I got some really good photos too.
----
You'll never walk alone.
04.08.2008 - 21:29
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Written by Ernotar on 04.08.2008 at 13:42

Amorphis played an awesome gig at Ankkarock last Saturday. The atmosphere in the audience was great. Tomi even said that it looks like it wouldn't matter which songs they played, because people would still sing along and jump. I got some really good photos too.

That's great news I don't know if I will jump much (lol) but I'm hoping their show here in October is a memorable one too...
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
04.08.2008 - 21:37
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by EddieGunner on 03.08.2008 at 12:21

o_0
(...)
OK that was disturbing. And deffinitely not what I meant
----

05.08.2008 - 01:47
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
@ernotar

well where r those photos

@Jonas
yeah, Pasi looked like quiet guy in amorphis, but since he left band like he made huge change in hes style and everythjing
----
Erno Paasilinna
05.08.2008 - 04:06
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I prefer him in Amorphis. Quiet... and decent
----

05.08.2008 - 08:29
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
@ EddieGunner I can send you those by e-mail.
----
You'll never walk alone.
05.08.2008 - 12:04
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Written by Ernotar on 05.08.2008 at 08:29

yeah that would be gr8

no metter how much i liked Pasi now i think that Tomi is good thing that happend to the band, they sound so better then they did on far from the sun .
----
Erno Paasilinna
05.08.2008 - 21:45
Ereinion
Account deleted
@EddieGunner where did you download the Bootlegs or did you buyd them?

About hte Tomi/Pasi dvd I think it will happen in some years when they are going to make a history dvd tihis one is probably going to be 100% Tomi Joutsen dvd
06.08.2008 - 04:14
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Written by [user id=19866] on 05.08.2008 at 21:45

most of it i got from dime, but spoem from other ppl from russia and fninland.... if u r intersed i can send you some, but talk about it in pm or tomroow im under influence of aLC right now
----
Erno Paasilinna
08.08.2008 - 20:17
owl

Aw, man, that's so not stylish of him! There was no need for him to do that.

Really, there wasn't. Nothing nice to see there, either...
----
09.08.2008 - 05:36
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by owl on 08.08.2008 at 20:17

Aw, man, that's so not stylish of him! There was no need for him to do that.

Really, there wasn't. Nothing nice to see there, either...

Well teh tattoos in his arm are not bad
But yes that's so unlike him.
----

09.09.2008 - 23:20
Anathemani@c
Written by EddieGunner on 06.08.2008 at 04:14

Written by [user id=19866] on 05.08.2008 at 21:45

most of it i got from dime, but spoem from other ppl from russia and fninland.... if u r intersed i can send you some, but talk about it in pm or tomroow im under influence of aLC right now

What bootlegs are you talking about? I recorded them with Poisonblack in Thessaloniki, Greece in 2008. They played a great show! But I didnt watch it till the end... I do got some Amorphis latest stuff.
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
09.09.2008 - 23:21
Anathemani@c
Written by Ernotar on 05.08.2008 at 08:29

May I take them, too??? please!
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???