Metal Storm logo
High On Fire - Start Working On New Album, New Tour Dates

High On Fire fans rejoice because the California metallers have begun work on their new, as-yet-untitled studio album. The group has convened for writing sessions in both New Orleans, LA and Oakland with early reports indicating the band's new material to be both "epic" and "sonically huge". In addition to the new album, High On Fire has announced a handful of upcoming U.S. live dates as well as an Australian headlining tour and a European headlining trek. See the dates here.

A winter 2015 tentative release date via Century Media Records (Europe/UK) and eOne (North America) is expected for the new album, the follow-up to 2012's De Vermis Mysteriis.

"Des, Jeff and I are really getting creative and writing a hell of a new record," states Matt Pike. "It's a crazy project and I can't really explain what it's all about just yet, but we've been writing a lot of crazy intense material that will up the ante, and bring things to another level."

"Everyone is asking what the new High On Fire music sounds like," adds Kensel. "Chew on some mescaline and listen to side B of Sabbath's Master Of Reality backwards at 78 RPM and it might give you an idea."

High On Fire tour dates:

May 29 - Rock Island, IL - Rock Island Brewing Co.
May 30 - Chicago, IL - Do-Division Street Fest
May 31 - Chicago, IL - Empty Bottle
June 1 - Chicago, IL - Empty Bottle
July 16 - Brisbane, Australia - Crowbar
July 17 - Brisbane, Australia - Crowbar
July 18 - Perth, Australia - The Rosemont Hotel
July 19 - Melbourne, Australia - The Hi Fi
July 20 - Sydney, Australia - The Factory Theatre

23.07.2014 - Logo, Hamburg, Germany
24.07.2014 - 013, Tilburg, The Netherlands
25.07.2014 - Underground, Cologne, Germany
26.07.2014 - Milhões de Festa, Barcelos, Portugal
28.07.2014 - Slakthuset, Stockholm, Sweden
29.07.2014 - Bla, Oslo, Norway
30.07.2014 - Truckstop Alaska, Gothenburg, Sweden
31.07.2014 - Resurrection Festival, Viveiro, Spain
01.08.2014 - Glazart, Paris, France
02.08.2014 - Roadkill, Waarschoot, Belgium
03.08.2014 - KB 18, Copenhagen, Denmark
04.08.2014 - Babel, Malmö, Sweden
05.08.2014 - Magnet, Berlin, Germany
06.08.2014 - Brutal Assault Festival, Prague, Czech Republic
07.08.2014 - Kellerclub, Stuttgart, Germany
08.08.2014 - Jalometalli Festival, Oulu, Finland
09.08.2014 - Underworld, London, UK

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: High On Fire
Posted: 28.05.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 67 users
28.05.2014 - 21:08
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
"Chew on some mescaline and listen to side B of Sabbath's Master Of Reality backwards at 78 RPM and it might give you an idea."

Where's the peyote when I need it?
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
28.05.2014 - 21:14
Machiavelli
Account deleted
Kensel is such an angry looking dude it is awesome when he speaks.
28.05.2014 - 21:17
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
I'm soooooooo there.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
28.05.2014 - 21:31
Lit.
Account deleted
I, too, am there.
28.05.2014 - 21:33
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I can't be arsed to go to London.
28.05.2014 - 21:56
Ocean Sage

YES! I hope Matt Pike is also working on that new Sleep album. I actually recently ordered the last 2 HOF albums that I don't have, so I am so ready for this!

Also, I'm going to be 20 years old in 2 weeks and that's still a year away from being allowed to see one of my favorite bands ever. They're even fucking playing in Chicago where I'm near for 3 FUCKING SHOWS! I HATE BE UNDER 21! FUCK ME!
29.05.2014 - 02:47
Ocean Sage

Written by deadone on 29.05.2014 at 02:08

I didn't dig De Vermis Mysteriis that much.

I'm hoping for a more focused effort ala Snakes For The Divine.

Yeah, Snakes for the Divine with Death is this Communion's or De Vermis Mysteriis' production would be cool. I don't think that anyone will be disappointed though, it is High On Fire.
30.05.2014 - 07:31
jaydeb

HIGH ON FIRE AUSTRALIAN TOUR _ SUPPORTS ANNOUNCED
For the first Brisbane show on July 16 at Crowbar, prepare for the bluesy stoner jams of riff enthusiasts Shellfin who'll be taking a break from the studio to once again provide support for High on Fire. Joining them will be the mighty Smoke (Brisbane): part Sabbath, part Hendrix, all killer, all the time.
For the second Brisbane show on July 17 at Crowbar, support comes from the stoner rhythms of Lizzard Wizzard - the soundtrack to a nervous breakdown in slow motion. But first: dig on the apocalyptic fuzz of doom lords, Zodiac.
In Perth on July 18 at Rosemount Hotel, guests include the west's best purveyors of all things heavy - doom bluesmen, The Devil Rides Out. The raucous and energetic gentlemen of Scalphunter will join them, fresh off their music video launch for the track 'There Will Be Change'.
In Melbourne on July 19 at The Hi-Fi, bear witness to one of most confronting and intense bands in the country: the unrelenting, unapologetic and unforgettable High Tension. They'll share the stage with the pummelling brilliance of Horsehunter - your new favourite band.
Canberra natives, I Exist, will join High On Fire in Sydney on July 20 at The Factory Theatre - their recently released third record 'From Darkness' has all the subtlety of a kick in pants. They'll share the stage with Sydney-siders Gvrlls, whose schizophrenic, sludge-laden metal is the kind of music your mother warned you about.

Hits total: 2718 | This month: 6