Metal Storm logo
Your Best Live Experiences

Original post

Posted by Warman, 26.01.2007 - 11:34
There is often something during a live show which just blew your mind. It can be a song you didn't expect the band to play, it can be a song you expected but the band played it way better than you thought they would, awesome solos between the songs, a band member doing something on stage just hillarious... Share these moments with us!
16.02.2008 - 22:16
doomina
Account deleted
anathema @ rockhouse, salzburg in 06
amazing show, amazing songs, amazing sound.
18.02.2008 - 08:11
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Gojira on the radio rebellion tour, they were amazing.
----
Coldgrits
08.06.2008 - 18:24
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
i have 2. firstly the entire defenders of the faith tour with 3 inches of blood, devildriver, arch enemy and opeth. every band was amazing and they played a great variety of songs from most albums. secondly was akercocke last thursday. it blew me away, it was so brutal and flawless, they play amazingly well together, it was just amazing. but then again most live experiences are amazing for me haha!
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
09.06.2008 - 00:38
Damnated
Churchburner
it's a tie between Negura Bunget and Korai Öröm. Negura Bunget was phenomenal with their folk instruments and ambient interludes, Korai Öröm was also amazing with their visual set and their addictive, pscychedelic music. both concerts were very trippy,
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
09.06.2008 - 17:40
TheBigRossowski
Secrets of the Moon in Hanau 2007! Small ass place (Halle 2), but they just had the right atmosphere for the music. Good lighting, they always have candles if they can, and the music was superb. I also saw them in Paderborn and Ludwigshafen, but those shows were okay (too many problems).

@Damnated, I'm hoping I can see Negura Bunget live too!!!!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
19.10.2008 - 20:29
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Kreator 20.05.2007, Athens... They were absolutelly perfect. They played with Celtic Frost. After the first 4 songs of the Swiss band, people were shouting Kreator's name!!!!!!!!
I couldn't sleep that night...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
19.10.2008 - 20:37
Sunioj
For me, it was either Therion or Dismember. Therion was probably the most epic performance I've ever seen... even though they didn't have the prague orchestra backing them up, their vocalists compensated just enough.

Dismember was just the most brutal old school DM show I've ever been to. I was moshing the whole time and they played all my favorite songs. Even the newer songs sounded brutal as fuck.

Off topic: my favorite non-metal performance is Cypress Hill. Holy shit, that crowd was kicking and everrryoonnnneee was blazing. I'm surprised the pigs didn't kick our asses, there is no way that they couldn't have known.
19.10.2008 - 20:45
Abattoir
Staff
For me it was kinda lots of great live experiences. But the last one was at Metalcamp and that were the shows of Apocalyptica and Eluveitie.

I know that Eluveitie will do a great show, well, at least the feeling before the show was like that. And yes, I wasn't wrong...the whole one hour
setlist kicked ass, the crowd was going crazy, the sound was also on the high level...generally, it was just perfect for me.

While Apocalyptica was quite a suprise for me. I was very curious before their show, but I didn't expect such that even guys with ''cellos'' can blow your mind away Of course the drums have made the whole staff sounding perfectly in that way I wanted.
19.10.2008 - 20:55
Kurzag
Account deleted
Rammstein in Oslo Spektrum during their Reise, Reise tour and Primordial at the Inferno festival in 2007.
20.08.2009 - 16:23
Razorback
Iron Maiden,somewhere back in time tour,except it was damn great it was special because noone knows when we will be able to hear that old stuffs again .
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!
13.09.2009 - 00:04
Valentin B
Iconoclast
A small top 3:
3.Blind Guardian @ Bucharest 2007 - excellent show, BG is one of the best live bands i've ever seen, they have loads of insanely catchy awesome tunes and shit, plus it was the first gig(apart from free-entrance concerts and shit like that) i've been to so it has a special place in my heart, i remember i got lost on the way back and my dad had to get a taxi and get me back home hahah, 100% worth it.

2.Judas Priest @ Bucharest 2008 - great show, not the best they could put on but i'm biased as i was/am a total Priest fanboy and one fine day i was just was wandering around their website when i saw they announced a show here, i actually let out a tear when i saw that.

1.Saxon @ Wacken 2009 - greatest show they could ever put on, old songs, new songs, classics, unknown songs, you name it, they played it. they played at least one song from almost every album they released, and when i heard the intro's of Princess of the Night, Strong Arm of the Law and 747 Strangers in the Night,....it was pure fucking magic.

i'd FUKKIN KILL to see Blind Guardian live again, on this tour they also played one of my favorite songs by them, Lord of the Rings.
13.09.2009 - 10:13
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
So far, i had greatest time at Iron Maiden's Somewhere Back In Time Tour...30000 people on stadium, whole pit was singing along, Bruce on stage with all effects and stuff, fireworks...wonderful
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

13.09.2009 - 15:44
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Dream Theter show in June (2009) was one of the best days of my life.

Anathema show in May (2009) as well.

2009 it's been a great year as far as live experiences are concerned for me. And later this year I'll be seeing Porcupine Tree for the second time and Dream Theater for the second time.

After this year I learnt to enjoy concerts more than festivals because the connection factor and proximity are so much bigger.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
13.09.2009 - 19:10
Galar
Wicked Mung
Carcass, twice. 2nd time was better because I drove 7 hours and it was a better setlist
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
14.09.2009 - 21:46
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Ellrohir on 13.09.2009 at 10:13

So far, i had greatest time at Iron Maiden's Somewhere Back In Time Tour...30000 people on stadium, whole pit was singing along, Bruce on stage with all effects and stuff, fireworks...wonderful

Since when does a pit sing along? a pit is where people mosh/slamdance whatever you want to call. So I think it is quite impossible for a pit to sing aloing
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.09.2009 - 22:10
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Well in czech the term for what i mean is "kotel" (it would be "cauldron" in english)...and by it is meant the place closer to the stage where fans are "doing something", not just standing (or even sitting) like those in behidn...maybe you use other word for it, but i dont know it
----

15.09.2009 - 02:05
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Ellrohir on 14.09.2009 at 22:10

Well in czech the term for what i mean is "kotel" (it would be "cauldron" in english)...and by it is meant the place closer to the stage where fans are "doing something", not just standing (or even sitting) like those in behidn...maybe you use other word for it, but i dont know it

That is called the front rows. But I have been on first row doing nothing Because when you go absolutely apeshit headbanging or moshing or shouting along with all your heart you actually miss a lot of what's really going on on stage and you don't notice mistakes at all.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.09.2009 - 11:16
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Hm...i guess it are your "profesional tasks", but attending gigs to pay attention to noticing mistakes...
----

15.09.2009 - 14:39
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Ellrohir on 15.09.2009 at 11:16

Hm...i guess it are your "profesional tasks", but attending gigs to pay attention to noticing mistakes...

Rereading what I wrote I see what you mean... it wasn't meant that way though. What I meant was that when people go apeshit (banging, moshing, whatever) they always seem to think the gig was awesome and great and flawless even though tghe gig could have been mediocre at best and loads of mistakes could have been made. For example concerning Judas Priest... I see people here raving about their live performances that they were flawless and Rob was brilliant etc etc (the people who banged the enitre show and sang along as hard as they could) where in fact Judas Priest 9 out 10 times doesn't well live anymore at all. Rob's singing isn't goo at all live to say the least and he reads the lyrics form an autocue and the band makes a lot of mistakes.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.09.2009 - 14:58
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I think it is what i meant - instead of enjoying atmosphere of Priest's gig, you sound concerning on mistakes they made
----

15.09.2009 - 15:09
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Ellrohir on 15.09.2009 at 14:58

I think it is what i meant - instead of enjoying atmosphere of Priest's gig, you sound concerning on mistakes they made

Of course I am concerned when a band fucks up and makes loads of mistakes. I pay good money for a show and then I expect it to be as perfect as possible. I also get pissed off when band members are drunk or stoned. Ffs it is their job to deliver a near perfect to perfect show. Guess what happens when I show up drunk or stoned at work, or deliver shoddy work? I get fired, and rightly so I might add.
For a band as Judas Priest and other big ones performing is part of their day job that's what pays their bills so they should do their work well.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.09.2009 - 16:37
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.09.2009 at 14:39

Written by Ellrohir on 15.09.2009 at 11:16

Rereading what I wrote I see what you mean... it wasn't meant that way though. What I meant was that when people go apeshit (banging, moshing, whatever) they always seem to think the gig was awesome and great and flawless even though tghe gig could have been mediocre at best and loads of mistakes could have been made. For example concerning Judas Priest... I see people here raving about their live performances that they were flawless and Rob was brilliant etc etc (the people who banged the enitre show and sang along as hard as they could) where in fact Judas Priest 9 out 10 times doesn't well live anymore at all. Rob's singing isn't goo at all live to say the least and he reads the lyrics form an autocue and the band makes a lot of mistakes.

nah, i commend Priest for having a perfect sound, especially when it comes to the guitars and drums. i agree Rob isn't managing well anymore though, but 36 years of vocal punishment and at least 5 years of alcoholism and drugs do take their toll on your voice(he said in an interview he had to use drugs and stuff up until 1985), still i love the extremely rough edge he's gotten in the past years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFDM7lk9TbQ - Glen makes 2 little mistakes in his solo of Painkiller and KK nails his solo(i should know, i know that thing backwards perfectly ) - and believe me those solo's are fucking HARD.
15.09.2009 - 16:54
-Soulreaper-
Well that would probably be with when Vader, God Dethroned, and Severe Torture played. The show was just fucking awesome and intense as hell. And after the show I hung out with the guys from the bands and got wasted with them and shit. Then I went to another show on that same tour and did it all over again. Good times.
19.09.2009 - 21:48
MetallicA
Hmmm let's see...

The Rolling Stones at Turner Field in 2002. Fucking awesome.

Carcass late last year - wow they blew me away! The sounds was great and the venue they played at is known for it's shitty sound but for some reason, they did a great job with Carcass. That is the best show I have ever seen at The Masquerade.

Bolt Thrower at Maryland Deathfest this year - holy crap they played two nights in a row! Each night after they got done playing, everyone was just staring at eachother with looks that said "Holy shit! Did you see that?!?" There are no words to describe that.

yeah I believe those are my top 3

here's a few other memorable moments: I've seen Behemoth like 7 times already (they kick ass every time) but one of those times, I caught one of their drumsticks in mid-air! I saw him throw it and thought how cool it would be to get it, even if I had to fight someone for it...it came right my way and I caught it just like that!

another time would be seeing Metallica from the front. This was also at Turner Field (its a big baseball arena). I bought a general admission ticket, those were the most expensive because those were the ones on the field itself and I just shoved my way to the front! I've seen them 4 times now and I'm about to see them again in a few weeks!
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
20.09.2009 - 22:59
Ernis
狼獾
It surely is last night's Nightwish's End of DPP Tour gig.....oh the bombasticness, oh *expletive* the power and rococo! This time the band really exceeded all the standards they had previously created.... They gave all they had and even a lot more with that performance.... Glory and hail to Nightwish family... You can all wait for a juicy concert review soon....
21.09.2009 - 21:23
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Ermal 09: Pestilence.
A band i thought i would never see live and then there were they, tearing that place apart. Both performance and set-list were great. It will be tough to beat!
08.04.2010 - 05:25
WAR
Cannibal Corpse
Feb. 12/2010
Cafe Iguana, Monterrey, Mexico

I was totally beated and kicked. AWESOME

AC/DC
Nov. 15/2009
Don Haskins Center, El Paso, TX

In front of Angus Young guitar solo, Playing "Let There Be Rock". FUCKING AMAZING

Iron Maiden
Feb. 22/2008
Arena Monterrey, Monterrey, Mexico
Feb. 25/2009
Estadio Universitario, Monterrey, Mexico

I START TO LIVE
22.04.2010 - 02:30
Edmund Fogg
I would have to go without hesitation with my first show ever: Iron Maiden with Dio and Mötorhead live at the Bell Center.Simon Wright blew off the crowd with a solo that was simp-ly insane and i'Lll always remember the first time I saw Eddie get on stage...the revelation of a lifetime.
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
22.04.2010 - 23:12
Culty
Hmm well when i saw Megadeth with my friends Suicide Silence was playing whch really sucked... BUT! Watching my friend get hit in the face by Suicide Silence's drummer's drum stick was funny as hell. He caught the stick and sold it to some kid for 50 bucks.
----
Gfnttlr
04.11.2010 - 11:42
Saintain
Ummm Sonata Arctica in Guatemala City (2010) and Metallica + Mastodon in Guatemala City (2010)
----
No Olvides que la Verdad nos dara la Libertad