Metal Storm logo
Motörhead

Original post

Posted by Doc G., 20.05.2006 - 23:13
as by many requests i have decided to move the Motörhead forum thread out of extreme and moved it under here, under melodic there is the 'heavy' subcategory so i found it appropriate to move it to here. Anyways, more discussion about Motörhead.
18.09.2008 - 00:12
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Dangerboner on 17.09.2008 at 08:06

I still haven't bought the new album yet :/ I will soon...

be sure to listen to it first. it is really average tbh.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
19.09.2008 - 22:53
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Dangerboner on 17.09.2008 at 08:06

I got this badass Motorhead shirt yesterday:

I still haven't bought the new album yet :/ I will soon...

heh, there's a clothing store here in the mall i work in, they have some really gay t-shirts with some kinda cartoon character and on it written really big "born loser" born to lose live to win sounds much much better imo
15.11.2008 - 00:50
Metalbound7
4 words... Born to raise Hell!!!
27.11.2008 - 13:59
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Fuck yeah, Motorhead(along with ___ManOwaR___) is coming here next year in june in the same festival which brought Ross the Boss and Judas Priest this year. Not gonna miss it. i'm gonna rock like a parallelogram
27.11.2008 - 16:31
I used to like Motorhead a little bit. Never cared for Lemmy as a singer and i saw them open up live for Judas Priest in the Metal masters tour and Lemmy was painful to hear. The guy's not a good singer or a good bassist, how he ever became considered a "god" is beyond me
27.11.2008 - 20:25
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by 2bearocknnot2rol on 27.11.2008 at 16:31

I used to like Motorhead a little bit. Never cared for Lemmy as a singer and i saw them open up live for Judas Priest in the Metal masters tour and Lemmy was painful to hear. The guy's not a good singer or a good bassist, how he ever became considered a "god" is beyond me

You haven't post a lot in MS and you're already writing like a veteran [as Damnated said on the Venom thread]

Sorry, but your post maked me laugh
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
28.11.2008 - 06:31
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by X-Ray Rod on 27.11.2008 at 20:25

Written by 2bearocknnot2rol on 27.11.2008 at 16:31

You haven't post a lot in MS and you're already writing like a veteran [as Damnated said on the Venom thread]

Sorry, but your post maked me laugh

Yeah, I was at that same tour (wrote a review it and everything). And they performed great, and I'm not just saying that because they're my favourite band. I think the young gentleman hasn't been to many concerts or else he'd realize that bands aren't going to sound the way they do on record when performing live, they aren't supposed to, or what be the point of going to a concert? Though I'd really like to know specifically what was actually wrong with the bass and vocals. Lemmy's been doing it since the mid 1960's, its hard for me to believe that he put on that bad of a show considering hes been performing for around twice as long as most of us have been alive, and Motorhead shows almost always get very positive feedback (I haven't heard anything about 'Head putting on a bad show).

EDIT: I also noticed he has Motley Crue in his favourite bands, if he wants to see a really bad performance he should definitely to a Crue show. Seeing them live kind of turned me off of them (considering I used to be a big fan).
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
27.12.2008 - 22:14
Valentin B
Iconoclast
This made me smile today:

28.12.2008 - 00:24
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Man... that guy was cool!

Did you actually see that with your own eyes or you saw it on the internet?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
28.12.2008 - 00:33
Gigginova
Account deleted
Written by Valentin B on 27.12.2008 at 22:14

wait, this is a random dead person?
......with that on their tombstone?
28.12.2008 - 11:15
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 28.12.2008 at 00:33

well, not a random dead person, he is(was) a motorhead fan, who put that thing on his tombstone

Written by X-Ray Rod on 28.12.2008 at 00:24

i got it off the web(dc++), a guy had a folder with motorhead tattoos and included this pic there
28.12.2008 - 11:24
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Valentin B on 28.12.2008 at 11:15

Written by Guest on 28.12.2008 at 00:33

well, not a random dead person, he is(was) a motorhead fan, who put that thing on his tombstone

Written by X-Ray Rod on 28.12.2008 at 00:24

i got it off the web(dc++), a guy had a folder with motorhead tattoos and included this pic there

Man, I'm a huge Motorhead fan (I even have a Motorhead tattoo - right over my heart. Yeah Im a Motorhead fanboy, piss off.) But I don't think I'd ever go that far. A tombstone is kind of how people are going to remember you by throughout history, other than memories and photos its the only piece of you left on the planet, I think I'd prefer to be remembered as something other than just some Motorhead nut.

Thats going a wee bit too far IMO.
----
- George Carlin
21.12.2009 - 01:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Headgirl - Motorhead n girlschool side project whyle some injury and Motorhead cant tour , does anybody knows where I can hear anything from this ''side projeckt''
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.12.2009 - 02:15
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Bad English on 21.12.2009 at 01:25

Headgirl - Motorhead n girlschool side project whyle some injury and Motorhead cant tour , does anybody knows where I can hear anything from this ''side projeckt''

The St. Valentines Day Massacre EP. They only really did one song as "Headgirl" and that's "Please Don't Touch". The rest of the EP was Girlschool covering a Motorhead song, and Motorhead covering a Girlschool song.
----
- George Carlin
27.03.2010 - 11:12
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Wow, i was quite big on them in the past judging by my older posts. Motorhead are awesome and badass, but i don't think i could listen to them for more than half an hour or something. their songs are great and all, but i dunno, they sound a bit too much the same.

"One Night Stand" has some fucking awesome lyrics: "i've been a slut all my life/i wish every night was a one night stand"...

"You'll see us seldom, so make us welcome,
I love American girls."

great stuff
27.03.2010 - 13:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Valentin B on 27.03.2010 at 11:12

Wow, i was quite big on them in the past judging by my older posts. Motorhead are awesome and badass, but i don't think i could listen to them for more than half an hour or something. their songs are great and all, but i dunno, they sound a bit too much the same.

"One Night Stand" has some fucking awesome lyrics: "i've been a slut all my life/i wish every night was a one night stand"...

I love American girls."

great stuff

Lemy life was beer, whisky, smokes, bass , road and pussy each night, he will teach young gus have make love at age 90 and in underground
----

apos;'
[image]
28.08.2010 - 22:23
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Ah well, it seems like once again as seems to happen every few months with me, Im in a total Motorhead phase when I listen to nothing but the 'Head! xD

Overnight Sensation is such a great album, defintely one of their most underrated IMO. Does anyone else love this album as well?
29.08.2010 - 18:05
RavenKing
Written by Angelic Storm on 28.08.2010 at 22:23

Ah well, it seems like once again as seems to happen every few months with me, Im in a total Motorhead phase when I listen to nothing but the 'Head! xD

Overnight Sensation is such a great album, defintely one of their most underrated IMO. Does anyone else love this album as well?

Really? To be honest, if you want to know how I feel about Motorhead, just read the comment I posted about Grave Digger a few days ago. I feel exactly the same here.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
29.08.2010 - 18:08
RavenKing

I love American girls."

great stuff

What is great about such lyrics? It's only superficial bullshit any cock rock band could come out with.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
29.08.2010 - 18:19
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by RavenKing on 29.08.2010 at 18:05
Really? To be honest, if you want to know how I feel about Motorhead, just read the comment I posted about Grave Digger a few days ago. I feel exactly the same here.

You didnt need to tell me how you feel about Motorhead, I had a very good idea your opinion on them would be the same as for Grave Digger, and all standard metal/rock bands.
29.08.2010 - 18:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by RavenKing on 29.08.2010 at 18:08

I love American girls."

great stuff

What is great about such lyrics? It's only superficial bullshit any cock rock band could come out with.

well if he can get chicks and dick working at his age whats bad in it?
----

apos;'
[image]
29.08.2010 - 18:24
vezzy
Stallmanite
Overnight Sensation is rather average, although I'd take it over many classic metal revivalist albums.

But it's still underrated for a reason, it simply isn't that good... at all. =O Shocking.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
31.08.2010 - 06:33
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Oh come on! It wasn't THAT bad. It's no classic, but to say it's no good at all is just a lie.
----
- George Carlin
31.08.2010 - 12:51
vezzy
Stallmanite
Well, when you have a rather boring tone and standard riffs/progressions to go with it (and don't remind me about "Eat the Gun", that song's abominable, seriously), I can't find a lot of greatness in it.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
31.08.2010 - 22:40
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
It's standard Motorhead. It's not great, but it was an ok upkeep.
----
- George Carlin
02.10.2010 - 11:43
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
"Lemmy" documentary movie trailer:

----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

20.10.2010 - 10:35
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Not a big fan of the band, but since I love documentaries, I watched the Ace of Spades of the Classic Series. Two quotes: one by Phil Campbell, another by Lemmy.

"I would rather have Ace of Spades than a million quid in the bank."

"I don't think selling your heart is one of the best things you can do. That's real prostitution."

Holy crap! Wanna listen to Ace of Spades now (never enjoyed that album for some reason)!
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
07.11.2010 - 04:21
SATANSCHAMBER666
Account deleted
MOTORHEAD RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
08.03.2011 - 10:56
Valentin B
Iconoclast
It seems Austin, TX is now celebrating 8th of March as Motorhead day. it's official, no bullshitting:

awesome!
08.03.2011 - 11:35
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
That's nice and all, but what the fuck does Austin texas have to do with Motorhead? They're not from there, they don't live there, they've never mentioned Austin in any songs...Would someone explain the logic of this to me?
----
- George Carlin