Metal Storm logo
Saurom

29.01.2007 - 02:48
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Well, i disovered this band the past year while i was buying some cd's and i saw the cover of "El guardian de las melodias perdidas" and i get interested by the disc. I remember i bought some power metal and i think "I don't think this is gonna be good as the power metal". But i really fell in love with that sound and since that moment Saurom become in one of my favorite bands. I really recommend the last work : Juglar Metal, with that vocals and instrumentation...well, i left that to you and post what you think about this awesome spanish band.
29.01.2007 - 04:20
DarkMistress
i just knew them when they were "Saurom Lamderth" with the albums "Sombras del Este" also, related to J.R.R.Tolkien books "The lord of the rings".
But i disliked them, they´re rather boring, their lyrics aren´t so good, even less when BG made a great job with the same thematic, and their "Tom Bombadil" song was rather silly :p

i don´t think about them like a good choice even less when there are some good spanish bands like Dreamaker and Dark Moor
----
Wait in fire
20.09.2007 - 05:34
Lito
Account deleted
Nice band, celtic touch just like Mägo De Oz
20.09.2007 - 05:34
Lito
Account deleted
Nice band, celtic touch just like Mägo De Oz
20.09.2007 - 12:35
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
@ Chente thanks.

I didn't kown really them. Samples on their MySpace page are not really bad (you can click here for lazy people ).

For me, the real interest is the sing in Spanish, which give the main originality in their music even their sound is not really new, innovator or revolutionary.
23.09.2007 - 09:05
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Ah yes I have heard of these guys, remind me a lot of Mägo de Oz, which is a plus. Didn't they used to be called Saurom Lamderth? Anyways I like their J.R.R. Tolkien references!!!
23.09.2007 - 11:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know thay are great even I know fiew songs but IMO Taksekte told me about this band
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.10.2007 - 11:41
Fuath
i saw the term folk metal under the band name, so i looked them up, and wat do u know? theyr are amazing

thanks for starting this thread!!!!!
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

31.12.2007 - 06:42
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
This guys rocks, i think is they sing in spanish, but i LOVE this band because the voice of the singer, i think is like Hansi Kursch of Blind Guardian (I accept insults about that hehe).
23.03.2008 - 18:20
Gegers
Account deleted
I think you should all listen to their new album, Once i dunno what...it's a little bit less folk and more heavy, but still it'sreally good!
11.04.2008 - 23:23
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Oh yeah! the new album is aout and have a lot of poems translated into songs! But i didn't listened it yet!
28.06.2008 - 11:29
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
i thought the band was called sarumon at first.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
17.07.2009 - 10:26
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Started with them yesterday through the track Dioses Eternos and still cant get enough of them
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

17.07.2009 - 10:27
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by LeChron James on 28.06.2008 at 11:29

i thought the band was called sarumon at first.

original name was Saurom Lamderth, they released couple of albums under this name...in 2006 they shortened it to Saurom
----

20.06.2010 - 18:11
Anibx
I think we can give life to this treat again, now that Saurom has a new album (a fantastic one I'll say)
So what you think of Maryam? Have you heard it? How do you like it?
20.06.2010 - 21:56
Lord_Regnier
How many Pagan/Viking/Folk Metal bands there are these days, I wonder?
I really have the feeling you kick a garbage bin and a dozen Pagan/Viking/Folk Metal bands are coming out.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
21.06.2010 - 20:28
Hrothdane
Written by Lord_Regnier on 20.06.2010 at 21:56

How many Pagan/Viking/Folk Metal bands there are these days, I wonder?
I really have the feeling you kick a garbage bin and a dozen Pagan/Viking/Folk Metal bands are coming out.

If you do a search on metalstorm for bands by style, there are 90 folk metal bands. Compare that to 328 black metal bands, 485 death metal, and 206 doom metal. Take from that what you will.
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
22.06.2010 - 14:08
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Take it easy...Lord_Regnier just had necessity to bitch around a little, as usual
----

22.06.2010 - 14:33
Lord_Regnier
You can't deny there is quite a trend currently, when it comes to Folk Metal. New bands pop up everywhere, most of them quite mediocre.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
22.06.2010 - 15:59
Hrothdane
Written by Lord_Regnier on 22.06.2010 at 14:33

You can't deny there is quite a trend currently, when it comes to Folk Metal. New bands pop up everywhere, most of them quite mediocre.

The majority of ANYTHING is mediocre or crap. Sturgeon's Law and all that. I'm also of the opinion that the rest is worth it.
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
30.07.2010 - 14:32
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
But Saurom was originally formed in 1996 (known as "Saurom Lamderth"), so your whining about crappy newborn bands is in wrong topic here
----