Metal Storm logo
My Dying Bride - In The Studio

Doom metallers My Dying Bride are back in the studio to record their 12th full studio album at Academy Studios in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire while the mix and some final edits will take place at Futureworks in Manchester. So, the successor of A Map Of All Our Failures is being conjured up as we speak. The new album is also the first since former guitarist Calvin Robertshaw came back to the band. What are your expectations for the band's next album?

Engineering work is being taken care of by Keith Appleton, Dan Mullins and Mags.

The band elaborates: "No definite release date as yet but considering the recording has only just started it's not looking good for this year but who knows. Drums are done and Calvin is as we speak working on his side of the guitar tracks. We haven't had a lot of time for pictures but we promise to get some up before recording is finished. As of today we have 7 songs and the working titles are below, only 'Feel The Misery' is a definite title the rest will change more than likely as we progress."

New album song working titles:

• Feel The Misery
  • A Mirthless Morrow
  • Candles
  • To Shiver In Empty Halls
  • Broken Hope
  • Neptune Arise
  • I Am Now As Death

New photo courtesy of their Facebook page

Source: facebook.com
    Band profile: My Dying Bride
  • Posted: 22.10.2014 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
    Comments: 7   Visited by: 79 users
    22.10.2014 - 21:24
    SongsOfDarkness
    Account deleted
    Oh god *-*
    23.10.2014 - 01:41
    Ethan1994

I hope they go with "Feel The Misery" or "Broken Hope".
    23.10.2014 - 04:46
    chronic-headache

Neptune arise sits well with me!
    23.10.2014 - 23:42
    The Melting Snow

I love the song names so far.

""To shiver in empty halls" gives the feeling of a grand song. the 2nd favorite would be "I am now as death"
    24.10.2014 - 14:19
    InnerSelf
    proofread free
    I lost faith in MDB, I don't think they have anything new to offer beside their decaying stale sound.
    ----
    He who is not bold enough
    to be stared at from across the abyss
    is not bold enough
    to stare into it himself.
    25.10.2014 - 18:16
    Erik M.

First Odysseus, now Neptune?

With For Lies I Sire they reached an absolute low (excluding the extremely boring Evinta ), but A Map of All Our Failures was surely good again, but much less great than most of their previous albums.

I really hope the new album will have tracks like Kneel Till Doomsday, A Tapestry Scorned and Hail Odysseus. To me those were the clear highlights of AMOAOF. So a more death doom approach with gothic elements rather than a gothic doom approach (unless it sounds like the brilliant The Angel and the Dark River, but I'm afraid they'll never reach such high quality again).

Oh, and The Barghest 'O Whitby was a great EP, while The Manuscript EP was boring again... so yeah, it's almost impossible to predict whether this album is going to suck or will turn out great.
    28.10.2014 - 15:56
    Carrion Misery

Sweet. Can't wait. I like "I Am Now As Death" the best. However, I think they can do better. Broken Hope sounds like 2001 nu metal. I still don't like the title "Hail Odysseus", but "Neptune" actually feels a little darker. I would take out "Arise" from the title though--overused. I think the rest of the titles could be great names for tracks.

Sucks for you InnerSelf.

I agree with you, Erik, on all your points. I really like every track, but I think my favorite track on there is Abandoned As Christ.
    ----
    ? Carrion Misery
    www.mournspire.com | Two-Man Death Doom Project
    Full album streaming

Hits total: 2400 | This month: 10