Metal Storm logo
Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Prometheus, Symphonia Ignis Divinus

7.8 | 132 votes |
Release date: 19 June 2015
Style: Symphonic power metal

Owners:

111 have it
16 want it

01. Nova Genesis (Ad Splendorem Angeli Triumphantis)
02. Il Cigno Nero
03. Rosenkreuz (The Rose And The Cross)
04. Anahata
05. Il Tempo Degli Dei
06. One Ring To Rule Them All
07. Notturno
08. Prometheus
09. King Solomon And The 72 Names Of God
10. Yggdrasil
11. Of Michael The Archangel And Lucifer's Fall Part II: Codex Nemesis
    1 - Codex Nemesis Alpha Omega
    2 - Symphonia Ignis Divinus (The Quantum Gate Revealed)
    3 - The Astral Convergence
    4 - The Divine Fire Of The Archangel
    5 - Of Psyche And Archetypes (System Overloaded)
12. Thundersteel [digipack bonus] [Cinematic version]

Additional info
Produced and written and arranged by Luca Turilli.
Recorded and mixed by Sebastian Roeder.
Mastered by Christoph Stickel.

Artwork by Stefan "Heile" Heilemann.
The spoken part in 'Il Tempo Degli Dei" was taken from a recording of Gustavo Adolfo Rol, reading his own diary. The recording was made by journalist Giuditta Dembech in Paris, 1927.
Piano part in 'Notturno' was taken from F. Chopin's Nocturnal N. 1, Op. 72, in E minor.

Staff review by
Belegûr
Rating:
Since the split of the original "Rhapsody" into two bands, both have been somewhat disappointing in their efforts so far. Rhapsody Of Fire produced a completely forgettable effort in Dark Wings Of Steel, whereas Luca Turilli's Rhapsody didn't do that much better with Ascending To Infinity. It is quite remarkable that we now have two bands, but neither can produce the magic of the original band. This trend continues with Prometheus: Symphonia Ignis Divinus, which succeeds as a "cinematic metal" album, but fails at being very memorable.

Read more ››
published 12.06.2015 | Comments (27)

Found in 8 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 16   Visited by: 456 users
24.03.2015 - 05:16
Rating: 9
mikeprado30

From now the wait is CINEMATIC!!!
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
03.04.2015 - 12:10
BlackMetalDay

I have a good feeling about this one. It is one year late, so I guess they used this time to make something really good.
17.05.2015 - 15:35
Rating: 8
Therapy?

I definitely have high expectations for this one! Already preordered it
30.05.2015 - 00:06
DieH@rd

Mah gaaaawd, he is making another "Of Michael The Archangel And Lucifer's Fall" song!!!

How to fill time until this album is out?!?!?!?!?
----
His is a name the world will never forget... He is Dargor!
-Rhapsody-
13.06.2015 - 05:41
mikeprado30

Written by DieH@rd on 30.05.2015 at 00:06

Mah gaaaawd, he is making another "Of Michael The Archangel And Lucifer's Fall" song!!!

And in the FB they said there will be a third part!

The two songs released till now keep me awaiting unpatiently the release!
----
18.06.2015 - 18:47
Rating: 10
CoFVe

The album is very good, those who like his new style (since LT's Rhapsody) will be crazy about it. In general is very Epic Opera Style, the extra song from the digipack it is really really good, but for those who wants more metal (or something like "prophet of the last eclipse") and less opera, will leave bad reviews...
19.06.2015 - 15:23
Kalmari

Sounds like Ascending To Infinity, but with more care and time put into the production and songwriting. Also Alex 2# replaces Alex 1# with even more solid drumming. Very impressive!
19.06.2015 - 23:01
Rating: 8
Therapy?

Well, having gone through it two times I can't say it impressed me as much as Ascending to Infinity did. I'm not sure why though. I like the sound, but it must be those lyrics. I always thought it wouldn't bother me because sometimes Rhapsody uses Italian lyrics as well. But I guess they overdid it a bit here.

I could definitely hear the influence from Prophet of the Last Eclipse. Hoped for a bit more though, maybe.

I can't really tell how I feel about this album yet.
20.06.2015 - 04:49
mikeprado30

Nice album!!! It is the "lighter" side of the band (Ascending was darker in its sound).

Surely it will grow more with more listens. Even though it don't top the Prophet of the Last Eclipse.
----
21.06.2015 - 15:56
Ap46

Dreadful attempt at doing "cinematic metal", or whatever that means..
22.06.2015 - 21:00
Rating: 6
Xyanade

Surprisingly not so bad after several spins, except for those promo tracks. The last few tracks after the awkward "random pseudo-sci-fi Latin words generator" on the list resembled what this band should be, but it is still far from their prime, I mean, for both Rhapsodies.
26.06.2015 - 16:27
Symphony Ex

Nice to see some positive comments here about this album. I also love opera, classical music and film scores - so I very much enjoy this kind of composition.
28.06.2015 - 19:31
Warrior of Light

Awesome new album. Better than the first one. May be it will be the favourite album of this year for me. Followed by the new album of Nightwish.
03.08.2015 - 14:29
Sword_Chant

The highlight of the album is song 6 - One Ring To Rule Them All, what an awesome and epic song.
25.08.2015 - 07:36
Rating: 6
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Why? Just why? It seems like every "big" Power Metal band releasing albums this year is taking a path that involves burying their music under ten layers of cheap symphonic arrangements, bad vocals and non existent bass guitars for the sake of "epicness".

I feel kinda disappointed, because after all this years, I still expect that Luca Turilli will release an epic album in terms of musicianship, but he still prefers to give more weight to his mumbo-jumbo nonsensical crap about mystical quantum space and stuff instead of, you know, fucking Heavy Metal.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
23.01.2016 - 12:53
Creativinity

Cannot stop listening. Probably my favorite release of 2015. It helps I like big, pompous orchestral arrangements after Nigthwish underwhelmed me. Looking forward to Fleshgod Apocalypse - King next.

Hits total: 9489 | This month: 16