Metal Storm logo
Soulfly - New Album Title Revealed, Release In August

Brazilian metallers Soulfly have just announced that follow up to 2013's album Savages is scheduled for release in August. In a recent interview, Max explained that it will be called Archangel, and it comes out in August on Nuclear Blast. And it's pretty much done. The music is all recorded and Max Cavalera only has to finish some vocals, then the mixing and artwork.

He also says in the interview: "It's an interesting record. It's very epic, mystic kind of Soulfly record that we don't really do every day. It's one of those [records] that come out once in a lifetime, an album like that comes out ? really crazy sounds and very different dimensions. It's more experimental than the other stuff. It's still heavy as hell, and it's still fast. And Zyon's playing drums on it. He's actually playing really good. He reminds me of a young Dave Lombardo. The fills that he's doing [are] really amazing; he surprised everybody in the studio. Matt Hyde is producing; he worked with Slayer before. So it's really cool; a really good team."

Excited for what the new album can bring?

Source: youtube.com
Band profile: Soulfly
Posted: 28.04.2015 by Sword_Chant

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 72 users
28.04.2015 - 21:38
Hellcult
Oh yes!
I don't expect to hear 'Soulfly', 'Primitive' or '3' but i might be something really good, we will see!
----
And I see the blade fall down upon the head of lord in heaven
And Darkness falls upon the end of history
While I drink the milk of the Black Goddess and cry over the mankind

Black Moses is my name...
29.04.2015 - 00:27
nb
Cool, I have been enjoying the latest Soulfly albums.
29.04.2015 - 09:53
Sword_Chant
Dark Ages and Enslaved are still my favourite 2 albums by Soulfly, Savages was decent though, pretty interested to hear how this one sounds.
30.04.2015 - 03:55
Opethian
They just got really generic after 'Prophecy' in my opinion. Best wishes Max
04.05.2015 - 02:37
Rapid Fire
At first I wasn't very convinced when read ''more experimental'', cause althought considering myself open minded I think experiments didn't work well for Soulfly many times, specially in ''Primitive''. But thinking how average and uninspired ''Savages'' was now I think that some experimentation could help refreshing band's music. So hopefully this new album will be worth the listen. We'll see...
----
Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Hits total: 1638 | This month: 7