Metal Storm logo
Iron Maiden - Streaming New Video

With experience such as Iron Maiden's, it isn't suprising to see them releasing new music; and today, we get the first song -the official video for the song Speed Of Light - from the upcoming double album The Book Of Souls. This music is the first in 5 years from the old-time British legends, after 2010' The Final Frontier album. The video clip was produced and directed by Llexi Leon. So, don't hesitate and check out this new track!

The Book Of Souls is due to be released September 4th.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Iron Maiden
Posted: 14.08.2015 by Kais

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 37   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 417 users
14.08.2015 - 12:53
robpal
Proglord
Very good. Not brilliant, but really solid. Can't wait for the whole album.
14.08.2015 - 13:27
Ellinor
Solid, but I was not blown away. Hope rest of the album is more innovative. Video is great, tough. Nostalgia filled with references.
14.08.2015 - 14:10
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
Video is very entertaining. The music is typical Iron Maiden. Bruce's voice sounds more deep-toned than usual, but he's in great shape.
14.08.2015 - 14:40
Lokasenna
I only had time to listen to the first couple of minutes but, um... did Bruce manage to hit a single note correctly? The whole thing sounds like his "singing too high, can't manage it, wobble wobble" range.
14.08.2015 - 15:06
telephonebear
Account deleted
Song is decent, but on an album where every other track is an epic a simpler song is welcome. Video is amazing.
14.08.2015 - 15:06
toxx
Supreme being
Am I the only one that thinks this sucks a bit? Musically it's okay, but the vocals just doesn't work. Sorry, but they have done stuff A LOT better than this over the years.
14.08.2015 - 15:10
Metal Invader
Haha Eddie Wins yea Nice song and video
14.08.2015 - 15:14
Sword_Chant
The guitars are good, but as someone mentioned before, the vocals don't work with the song.
14.08.2015 - 15:23
Malignar
Solid. Great video. Guitars too low in the mix, vocals crazy high.
14.08.2015 - 15:43
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
The song shall be forgotten, but the video is legen-wait for it-dary
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

14.08.2015 - 16:50
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Lokasenna on 14.08.2015 at 14:40

I only had time to listen to the first couple of minutes but, um... did Bruce manage to hit a single note correctly? The whole thing sounds like his "singing too high, can't manage it, wobble wobble" range.

Had the same feeling, but hoped it was due to the bad quality of my PC's speakers... seems like it isn't.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
14.08.2015 - 18:12
Klauwier
Great video, that brings back memories. The music is nice, buy I don't like the vocals.
14.08.2015 - 18:32
Doge of Venice
Glad I'm not the only one who thought the same about the vocals. He isn't really working within his current range, and some of the timing for the vocals seemed sloppy. Musically its very cool though.
14.08.2015 - 18:55
gustman17
The high notes were too forced... the echo (or was it reverb?) on them just made them worse.
Otherwise it was a fun song, nothing special, but I guess it'll be fine as another up-tempo rocker in an album full of longer songs.
14.08.2015 - 19:14
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Hell motherfucking yeah! This video was all kinds of awesome. Will have to listen to the song again, but I wasn't bothered by the vocals. And as said before, guitar work is excellent
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
14.08.2015 - 19:45
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Loved it, just perfect for afternoon work. Not a standout song but goes well.
----
14.08.2015 - 20:46
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
That video makes no fucking sense but definitely some of the better Maiden to come out in the last decade. Bruce's voice is sounding a bit tired though.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
14.08.2015 - 20:57
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Bruce has gotten old... then again I did not expect a performance akin to his youth. I wonder if the surgery also put a strain on his vocal delivery. Nevertheless, the song, if you take out the vocals, is pretty good. Catchy stuff.
14.08.2015 - 21:03
Doge of Venice
Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 14.08.2015 at 20:57

Bruce has gotten old... then again I did not expect a performance akin to his youth. I wonder if the surgery also put a strain on his vocal delivery. Nevertheless, the song, if you take out the vocals, is pretty good. Catchy stuff.

According to what Maiden have said, all the songs were recorded before the surgery.
14.08.2015 - 21:23
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
The video was awesome, the music decent.

Strangely it sounds a lot like the Hollywood Rose(pre GnR band) demos from back in the day, it has that stripped down LA rock n roll sound. Unfortunately, Hollwood Rose doesn't have the replay value of GnR and I think this will be the same when compared to their past stuff. Still, could be much worse though.

Video was super awesome at least, they should actually make some of these games!
----
pewpew.. gotcha
14.08.2015 - 21:54
musclassia
Staff
I don't think Bruce's voice itself is bad - he still sounds strong enough here for me. And I can't imagine they didn't intend for him to hit those notes - don't see the band hearing that and thinking "not what we wanted, but it'll have to do". But the vocal line is rather strange and quite a lot of the time doesn't sit well. Outside of that, the rest of the song is pretty standard Maiden and enjoyable because of it, and the video is entertaining
14.08.2015 - 22:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I am thinking if Ausie one can tell a weapon name what Eddie used in Mexico
Nice game, maybe band should let such game out?
I saw hidden trooper beer commercial, Eddie got a chick, same chick what was dancing in Number video... but as true metalhead he don't cares, he runs forward. I saw dance of the dead dude and devil from number video, Eddie ripped both
I cant judge this song, seems to me it might not be worst album, of cores fan boys will overate it , but better as previously of cores, same time in old days Maiden songs was about history etc, now its just professionally put worlds into lyrics
Bruce should stop running buissness and sing again
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.08.2015 - 02:47
Atheism
Hmmmmmmmmm, pretty typical Iron Maiden, never felt they wrote very good songs. So no change on that front.
15.08.2015 - 04:45
iMorphball
The vocals grow on you after a few listens. It's a good track that'll be fun live, I'm sure.

People need to also realize that Bruce was still likely suffering from cancer during the period of recording. It didn't just suddenly appear out of nowhere. These things develop over time. ;-)

Glad he made a full recovery. Can't wait for the album, and can't wait to hear it live!
15.08.2015 - 05:04
Rapid Fire
Not amazing but pretty good. For me is better than any song from their two last albums, and I love that rocker-ish feeling in the guitar sound.
As for Bruce... well, all of us have heard better performances from him, but in my opinion he still does it decently. Don't forget also he's 57, it's impossible he can now sing as he did in his 20s.

Forgot about the video... funny as fuck!
----
Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
15.08.2015 - 05:04
Lokasenna
I still think that Maiden just need to pull a Metallica and tune down to C. Notice how Bruce's solo albums were WAY better for his range?
15.08.2015 - 12:07
quirin
Loved it!
kickass solo!
15.08.2015 - 12:17
Warman
Erotic Stains
Didn't like it that much. I have hopes for the long songs.
----
15.08.2015 - 14:11
Joe Zombie
Hmm... not really feeling this one
15.08.2015 - 14:34
Copernicus
Yeah, the vocals should be a bit better. And I think Maiden lacks a speed on this one

Hits total: 5394 | This month: 2