‹‹ Back to the Alternative metal forum Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]
Users visited: 468  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by +{Jonas}+ on 16.03.2007 at 01:51
So, the title says it all. I made this so the ones here that like nu metal can discuss about the bands we like. So about me, I like:

Godsmack (Although for me it's Alternative), because their songs are really cool, and they have great lyrics and the "Changes" DVD is simply awesome, and theitr drums are great. Sully's voice is quite unique, and their lyrics are pretty nice.

Slipknot, because of their energy, the outfits look great, and their lyrics make me laugh, besides their live shows are quite impressive. Also Vol. 3 is a change, IMO they found that they don't have to scream for everything, and they prove it with a great accoustic song.

Disturbed: David's voice is great. and with their thrid album,. 10.000 fists" they try a new, more melodic sound. besides Dan Donegan proves himself as a great guitar player

KoRn: But only the first albums.

Evanescence, because Amy lee has a great voice, but their last album, "The Open Door" was a big letdown for me.

Also Adema, TrustCompany, Breaking Benjamin, Linkin Park, Chevelle, Mudvayne, Soil and I enjoy Metallica's St. Anger.

So that's it. If you have band suggestions you can and must post them as well. If you don't like Nu metal, please don't post bashing bands and attacking with things like "X band sucks" or "Nu metal sucks". Please, let's have some respect for the other fellow MSers taste.

Page 15 of 15

Overrwatcher

01.08.2016 at 06:05
I grew up with my dad constantly blasting the nu-metal side of Linkin Park and Disturbed, so they will always be there for me. Meteora (which I prefer over the debut, much heavier and more consistent) and Ten Thousands Fists are two of my all-time most listened to albums simply because they were the soundtrack in the car from ages like 4 to 12, and I loved it so I kept listening to it from there. Slipknot, Korn, Otep, and Avatar (which isn't fully nu-metal but has notable influences) followed in my nu-metal phase of metal discovery.

Yesterday, while at a friend's house, I heard Limp Bizkit's "Break Stuff" play on the local radio. Why was it playing after 16+ years? I have no idea. But I found myself really enjoying it a lot. As stupid as the band may be, I greatly preferred it over the million same-sounding hyper-poppey "alternative rock" songs that play. It was a giant breath of fresh air, one that wasn't afraid to be fun and aggressive. My friends were wondering how could I listen to this shit when I was rapping along with it. I never thought to say it, but modern rock makes Limp Bizkit look like ballsy music. I don't hate "modern music", I just find modern radio rock to be awful.

I still listen to LP/Disturbed, Slipknot (Iowa is really great), early Korn (but their new single was great), early non-poem Otep, modern Avatar, and of course, System Of A Down. Machine Head's The Burning Red was also pretty good by nu-metal standards, but Supercharger was godawful.
----
Overr's List Of Worthwhile Deathcore Albums

Written by on 12.06.2016 at 19:43

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]

Login or register to post here.