‹‹ Back to the Alternative metal forum Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]
Users visited: 432  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by +{Jonas}+ on 16.03.2007 at 01:51
So, the title says it all. I made this so the ones here that like nu metal can discuss about the bands we like. So about me, I like:

Godsmack (Although for me it's Alternative), because their songs are really cool, and they have great lyrics and the "Changes" DVD is simply awesome, and theitr drums are great. Sully's voice is quite unique, and their lyrics are pretty nice.

Slipknot, because of their energy, the outfits look great, and their lyrics make me laugh, besides their live shows are quite impressive. Also Vol. 3 is a change, IMO they found that they don't have to scream for everything, and they prove it with a great accoustic song.

Disturbed: David's voice is great. and with their thrid album,. 10.000 fists" they try a new, more melodic sound. besides Dan Donegan proves himself as a great guitar player

KoRn: But only the first albums.

Evanescence, because Amy lee has a great voice, but their last album, "The Open Door" was a big letdown for me.

Also Adema, TrustCompany, Breaking Benjamin, Linkin Park, Chevelle, Mudvayne, Soil and I enjoy Metallica's St. Anger.

So that's it. If you have band suggestions you can and must post them as well. If you don't like Nu metal, please don't post bashing bands and attacking with things like "X band sucks" or "Nu metal sucks". Please, let's have some respect for the other fellow MSers taste.

Page 14 of 14

Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

26.07.2012 at 15:00
Written by Lit. on 26.07.2012 at 06:44
What is it with people thinking Rob Zombie is Nu metal?

Perhaps it's the remixing of songs or something, I really don't know. There aren't any traces of rap or hip-hop in his music though, so it's a very strange thing to label RZ as nu metal. Maybe people feel the need to separate some of the more hated alternative metal bands from the "good" ones or whatever, and since nu metal is largely a genre comprised of hated bands (Limp Bizkit for instance), it makes sense for them to lump other hated bands in that category.

More of a theory than anything, but it's the only reason I can come up with.
----
Prettier than BloodTears.
DIRTYDANIII

11.08.2012 at 19:59
Can't really say I'm a fan of nu metal, but I have to say that I definitely like the deftones and Rage against the machine they both have some quality releases
Jaeryd17‍
Desert Mouse

09.09.2012 at 11:26
I'm okay with Disturbed. Used to love them when I was 16-17 and such. Still have a place for them somewhere, but in retrospect they're not all that great.
Come to think of it, they weren't that nu-metal to begin with, though they kinda fit the genre, and they completely dropped that kind of sound and started leaning more towards hard rock with each successive album.

Breaking Benjamin is the same. It's good stuff for alternative metal/rock/post-grunge, but not the greatest. I mostly just like them because I loved them when I was a little bit younger.

Evanescence is good. My wife loves them. Truth be told, I thought The Open Door was much better than Fallen. The former sounds darker and stranger, whereas the latter sounds somewhat too poppy for me. Still good, but not the best.

FLAW is a decent band. They're mostly alternative with a bit of nu-metal sound in there. For the genre, they're actually pretty good. My older brother used to like them, and I ended up buying their 2 albums on amazon for 60 cents each.

----
"It is not your sin—it is your self-satisfaction that crieth unto heaven; your very sparingness in sin crieth unto heaven!

Where is the lightning to lick you with its tongue? Where is the frenzy with which ye should be inoculated?"

AcidMage

09.09.2012 at 11:50
I don't mind what I've heard from Molotov, and Dope always made me happy - KoRn have some decent songs, but I'd say that the only album I can really put on is "See You On The Other Side".
Junkhead

13.09.2012 at 21:52
Hey guys
listen to this new band from israel and share your thoughts !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpjNKCCsiP0
Angry Chair

14.09.2012 at 13:37
51ipKn0t and 5y5t3m 0f 4 D0wN

Might of got carried away righting that

they are the only Nu metal bands I like.
----
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot
Sangre Sani

18.09.2012 at 17:19
I like Korn stuff from debut to Take a Look In The Mirror.
I also like System of a Down if they fit to this genre.
----
exilephantom

11.11.2012 at 00:45
I love Slipknot. I like all of the other nu-metal out there but I Slipknot are definately a favourite of mine. It's a bit strange having them in my list of favourite bands, as they stand next to the likes of Amon Amarth and Napalm Death, bands that are considered a lot heavier.
PrinceLink

14.11.2012 at 20:30
I'm not the biggest Nu Metal fan at all, but I still find the first two Slipknot albums mildly enjoyable.
Dentura
Shadow King

11.12.2012 at 11:31
I used to listen to a good deal of Linkin Park's big hits when I was a little kid, and I played "Before I Forget" by Slipknot on Guitar Hero, but not much anymore really. The only nu-metal band that I give a ton of props and respect to is System of a Down, they put out some really great albums and Toxicity is a classic. I remember hearing "Shimmy" from Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 on the PS2, and I loved it as I was crashing my skater into the wall and all over the skating park really, lol it was a fun game. good times.
----
...And so death to the falsity of thy former rulers. Thy kingdom of "heaven" burns in a field of fire, and Dentura is the one true God thou must yield thy hearts and souls to in absolute submission. It is his ultimate decree and will unto thee..
Jtbmetal123

10.01.2013 at 18:02
Slipknot and Korn are probably my two favorite. I do somewhat favorite Nu-metal because its different from all other metal genres.
Pazdzioch
windowlicker

12.01.2013 at 18:18
Yeah, SlipKnoT is my favorite band of this genre suckers!

Credits to J.N. for the link. This shit made ​​my day
stupid noob
Account deleted
  23.01.2013 at 02:30
There pretty much isn't a nu metal band I don't like! There are some I like more than others obviously, but it's a sound I love no matter what! I know everyone hates bands like Korn and Limp Bizkit, but they just write catchy and heavy songs that a guy like me can just really get into. I don't think people would call me cool for rocking out to My Generation, but that's why I don't care about what other people think of me. If I did I definitely wouldn't listen to nu metal! HA!
Skullifrit

16.08.2013 at 12:29
I enjoy a large spectrum of music and nu metal and indusrial remain at the top. so far there arent many u metal groups i dont like; coal chamber, korn, limp bizkit, linkin park (first 2 albums omly), system of a down, static x, factory 81 (check um out its basically rage against the machine combined with with limp bizki), littie, slipknot dont consider themselves as "nu metal" but theyre good either way. Tool is my favorite band and I can say they arent nu. Neither is breaking benjamin who are one of the few bands I unconditionally hate. A good band id recommend is max.imum the hormone theyre japanese but dont let that ruin it they are a-fu.cking-mazing
mizrckerz

09.10.2013 at 19:17
What do you guys think about these guys?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLG7RaKLN1Q

possibly my new fav!
mizrckerz

09.10.2013 at 19:27
What do you guys think about these guys?

possibly my new fav!
mizrckerz

09.10.2013 at 19:44
Written by Troy Killjoy on 26.07.2012 at 15:00

Written by Lit. on 26.07.2012 at 06:44
What is it with people thinking Rob Zombie is Nu metal?

Perhaps it's the remixing of songs or something, I really don't know. There aren't any traces of rap or hip-hop in his music though, so it's a very strange thing to label RZ as nu metal. Maybe people feel the need to separate some of the more hated alternative metal bands from the "good" ones or whatever, and since nu metal is largely a genre comprised of hated bands (Limp Bizkit for instance), it makes sense for them to lump other hated bands in that category.

More of a theory than anything, but it's the only reason I can come up with.

CŌPIA

Check it out!

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]

Login or register to post here.