Metal Storm logo
Riverside - To Release Instrumental Album In Memory Of Piotr Grudziński

Riverside are going through a decidedly dark and difficult time after the unexpected and sudden passing of guitarist Piotr Grudziński, but remain determined to release the album they've had their minds set on for a while. The as yet untitled release will bring to the forefront a sound that has thus far only been complementary to larger releases, finding its way onto bonus discs. The band, since its inception, has been experimenting with this type of ambient and progressive electronic music and has accumulated a lot of material they wish to dedicate to Piotr and share with their listeners before the year's out.

In the latest of a series of touching public reflections on Grudziński, frontman Mariusz Duda explains his drive for recording this album: "Piotr's birthday is in a few days. He'll be 41 on March 15th. I want to pay him a visit on that day and tell him that his dream has come true, that we have finally recorded his favourite album."

Further reassurance for fans fearing the possibility of the band's break-up can be found in Duda's resolve to keep deadly silence at bay: "Perhaps it would be easier to cover the world with a blanket, lock everything up and take a break from sounds, stop modifying them, let them fade and then drown in silence. Perhaps. But let me recall the words I keep hearing in my head. I don't remember who said them but they seem to be perfect for this occasion. 'I am afraid only of silence because that's when the heart dies.' I cannot drown in silence. That would be the worst thing to do now. It's not what I was made for, it's not my calling."

Read Mariusz Duda's whole statement here.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Riverside
Posted: 11.03.2016 by Nimlot

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 133 users
11.03.2016 - 15:45
Kais
Thank you Riverside - I cannot stress enough how I appreciate your will to keep the fans and mostly yourselves pleased, even in darker and fainter days like these. Piotr would've been proud. Looking forward for this release.
11.03.2016 - 20:04
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I'm always a sucker for new Riverside. I'm sure it'll be beautiful.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
12.03.2016 - 13:53
Mehdi Taba
Mehdi Taba
I LOVE Instrumental albums, I'm looking forward to it.

Hits total: 2355 | This month: 6