Metal Storm logo
Rammstein

Original post

Posted by Taktsekte, 23.05.2006 - 00:14
Believe me, there was no Rammstein topic before.

One of the most well-known German bands. They started their characteristic Industrial sound with Herzeleid, which had powerful songs like "Asche Zu Asche" or "Du Riechst So Gut". Then came Sehnsucht, a musically more mature work ("Spiel Mit Mir", "Tier", "Engel") that included their hit "Du Hast". In 2001, Rammstein released their masterpiece Mutter (their best album so far in my opinion) with great songs like "Feuer Frei!", "Links 234" or "Spieluhr".

After the release of "Mutter", many Rammstein fans were disappointed, as the band recorded a blatantly weaker album called Reise, Reise. This one featured some radio-friendly songs that kept the old Rammstein sound ("Amerika", "Stein Um Stein"), but the inclusion of an annoying female voice in "Moskau", a simple rhythm with no structure in "Los" and those two ballads to finish the album ("Ohne Dich", "Amour") didn't please the broad fanbase of the band in general. Last year, their last album, Rosenrot, came to the light. It was another controversial album that features an unorthodox song sung in Spanish ("Te Quiero Puta!") and a duet with Till Lindemann and Sharleen Spiteri ("Stirb Nicht Vor Mir") among other songs.

My favourite Rammstein album is Mutter and my favourite songs by them are "Asche Zu Asche", "Feuer Frei!" and "Stirb Nicht Vor Mir" (which I find so beautiful). What do you think about this band?

Remember not to spam!
11.01.2009 - 22:27
thesabbathfan
Awesome band

and why the fuck doesnt the metal-archives accept any industrial bands?
the only industrial band i've seen there is white zombie
----
20.01.2009 - 17:54
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Same here... Even if I don't listen to them as often as before, I still have huge respect for them. One of my first metal bands and something even more important were how their lyrics influenced me.

I just think the are brilliant and let me a trademark for me. Because since that day I started to be more interested of the lyrics quality.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
25.01.2009 - 00:19
spoonerX
God my amazing story with rammtein XD

I started listening when I was 10, at tht time I lived in Schwerin, in Germany so my brother would listen to it. The Mutter album got out and he stoped listening to Rammstein,, gess he was rly disapointed XD. We still went to see the concert it was AMAZING!!
3 years after I heard that a new record was coming out so I rly got into metal. Reise, Reise was such a deception. I moved to Nimes, I saw the band in concert again, the concert that made the 2005 Völkerball DVD.. I ran into Till Lindemann and Paul Landers in the streets of Nimes, and talked for few minutes then I realized:: hey they're human, they make music for themselves and not for people. if I dont like the sound stop complaining and listen to other stuff!

so to all the people who say:: oh.. R+ isnt the same anymore. ja whatever... just listen to other stuff!

its amazing to see 14 years old people that love R+ and may think that their music isnt the same.. of course its not, it simply evolved!
----
its when you travel that you realise that man will never really belong to a country...

Attending:
Rammstein - Paris, Bercy: 8th of december
29.01.2009 - 10:29
The Butt
Account deleted
Rammstein was one of the first metal bands I ever listened to. They're still a great band, although Rosenrot was a bit of a disappointment for me. This new album should be great though, judging by the drum vid Schneider put up long ago - sounded really Sehnsucht-esque.

Each album previous to that had it's highpoints, though; Herzeleid was definitely the rawest, Sehnsucht had the best overall sound, Mutter had the highest percentage of great tracks, Reise Reise was just plain-out epic, and is home to my favorite Rammstein song (Stein Um Stein).

Overall, my favorite is Mutter, though.
15.02.2009 - 08:44
rageing atheist
Account deleted
I am not a fan of their music anymore, used to like them when I was something like 12 - 14, I still think some of their videos are very cool.

EDIT: I was currently watching a couple of Rammstein videos on Youtube out of curiosity/nostalgia, and I realized I even still like the music somewhat.
15.02.2009 - 17:02
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by [user id=23267] on 15.02.2009 at 08:44

I am not a fan of their music anymore, used to like them when I was something like 12 - 14, I still think some of their videos are very cool.

EDIT: I was currently watching a couple of Rammstein videos on Youtube out of curiosity/nostalgia, and I realized I even still like the music somewhat.

It happens to me. When I was 13-14 it was non-stop But after than I started to listen to another bands. And I don't lsiten to them that often.

But once in one or two months... I pick some of their old stuff [Herzeleid/Sehnsucht] and started to believe that the albums were growing on me even more than before. I just needed some time so I could listen to them better.
----
Rod, let me love you.
27.02.2009 - 04:03
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by X-Ray Rod on 15.02.2009 at 17:02

Written by [user id=23267] on 15.02.2009 at 08:44

It happens to me. When I was 13-14 it was non-stop But after than I started to listen to another bands. And I don't lsiten to them that often.

But once in one or two months... I pick some of their old stuff [Herzeleid/Sehnsucht] and started to believe that the albums were growing on me even more than before. I just needed some time so I could listen to them better.

Same here, more or less, btu I watched Live Aus Berlin this weekend. Made me remember teh high school days, the early university days... But for some reasonI never got into anything beyond Mutter
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
28.02.2009 - 02:04
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 27.02.2009 at 04:03

But for some reasonI never got into anything beyond Mutter

So you mean the first 3 albums?... I'm sorry, I don't understand very well right now [kinda drunk... seriously]

But if that's the case I agree... the first 3 albums are masterpieces.
----
Rod, let me love you.
28.02.2009 - 06:35
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by X-Ray Rod on 28.02.2009 at 02:04

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 27.02.2009 at 04:03

But for some reasonI never got into anything beyond Mutter

So you mean the first 3 albums?... I'm sorry, I don't understand very well right now [kinda drunk... seriously]

But if that's the case I agree... the first 3 albums are masterpieces.

Yes, first three albums: Herzeleid, Sehnsucht, Mutter.
And Live aus Berlin DVD of course
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
28.02.2009 - 15:49
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 28.02.2009 at 06:35

Yes, first three albums: Herzeleid, Sehnsucht, Mutter.
And Live aus Berlin DVD of course

Yess... We're in the same boat then. Great albums and the DVD is awesome. Not as funny as Vörkelball [You should really see it if you haven't] but with a better sound quality and performance IMO.
The atmosphere was intense.
----
Rod, let me love you.
06.03.2009 - 21:58
spoonerX
Did you go?

I went to Nimes (Völkerball) and it was better then LAB... wierdly since I too am a fan of Herzeleid, Sehnsucht, etc..
Lindemann kept saying stuff in french with his funny accent.. lol that was hilarious!

one of my best concerts ever... just when they started Ohne Dich.. the place just went totaly silent for a second..
still gives me goose bumps when I watch it!!
----
its when you travel that you realise that man will never really belong to a country...

Attending:
06.03.2009 - 22:21
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by spoonerX on 06.03.2009 at 21:58

Did you go?

I went to Nimes (Völkerball) and it was better then LAB... wierdly since I too am a fan of Herzeleid, Sehnsucht, etc..
Lindemann kept saying stuff in french with his funny accent.. lol that was hilarious!

one of my best concerts ever... just when they started Ohne Dich.. the place just went totaly silent for a second..
still gives me goose bumps when I watch it!!

I was talking of the DVD :

It's impossible I was in LAB because I was way to young. and I don't have the money to travel to France. Not at that time.. not now.

I was comparing the DVD's. IMO the atmosphere is better on LAB. It seems darker and the band was more... "fresh" so to speak. And the quality of the sound is also better imo.

Vörkerball is more funny in a sense. It's also more interesting because it shows more the reaccions of the fans. and some good documentals if you have the limited edition. And of course it has songs from more albums
----
Rod, let me love you.
06.03.2009 - 22:29
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Völkerball is great, but i have to admit that i haven't seen LaB, so i can't say witch one is better
06.03.2009 - 22:31
spoonerX
no but thats just a reason I give for saying that I liked more Völkerball

and I have the special edition.. im too poor.. and too lazy to save my money to buy the limited (since its like 150$)
----

Attending:
06.03.2009 - 22:38
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by spoonerX on 06.03.2009 at 22:31

Naaah, who cares.. both totally kick ass.
The moment when they play "Ich Will" and everyone shows their hands is amazing.
----
Rod, let me love you.
06.03.2009 - 22:41
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by X-Ray Rod on 06.03.2009 at 22:38

Written by spoonerX on 06.03.2009 at 22:31

Naaah, who cares.. both totally kick ass.
The moment when they play "Ich Will" and everyone shows their hands is amazing.

Imo "Ich Will" is the best live song of all time, it's so fucking epic if everyone shouts "wir hören dich!"
06.03.2009 - 22:54
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Diabolos on 06.03.2009 at 22:41

Imo "Ich Will" is the best live song of all time, it's so fucking epic if everyone shouts "wir hören dich!"

I agree.. the lyrics makes it "the ultimate live song"
----
Rod, let me love you.
06.03.2009 - 22:57
spoonerX
you know, they wrote that song to make fun of the crowd...

It was WAY more then epic...when he said: Wir wollen eure hande sehen!!!! I felt like a robot obeying to an order.. my body acted before I even thought of it..
and at the same time I just couldnt see myself not raising my hands in the air!!

another crazy song is obviously Du Hast... then again I get fuckin goose bumps... the signer didnt have to sing... I bet we sang louder then him with the mic.
----

Attending:
06.03.2009 - 23:03
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
The greatest thing with Rammstein live is that everybody knows the lyrics although it's in german
06.03.2009 - 23:10
spoonerX
I lived in Germany for almost 10 years dude.. Swerin and Berlin.. I dont know for you but speeking the language takes it to crazier level..
----

Attending:
06.03.2009 - 23:18
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
But also people who have no idea of german know the lyrics (although many of them don't know what they mean )

And i live in austria and we also speak german, so i understand what they are singing ^^
06.03.2009 - 23:33
spoonerX
Nice.. I saw that already on your side thing under your picture

I thought that when you said "know" that included understand

I remember having a friend with me a few days before the Nimes concert she was singing Spiel Mit Mir without knowing what it meant..
which I thought she did until she asked me.. what does that song mean anyways..?
----

Attending:
06.03.2009 - 23:47
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by spoonerX on 06.03.2009 at 23:33

which I thought she did until she asked me.. what does that song mean anyways..?

Who cares? It's the emotion that counts... That's why I love the band, no matter the lyrics. The whole atmosphere is intensive and adictive so you pretty much end up singing in german.

But yeah, the lyrics are one of the best I read in my life tbh... So I believe it's a must to understand them... It takes the music to another level.
I don't speak german though [I'm learning atm] but I do understand every song because I have a link with all the lyrics translated in Spanish. Thanks to thay it wasn't that difficult the first time I went to the german lesson... I already knew a lot of words
----
Rod, let me love you.
06.03.2009 - 23:55
spoonerX
But the emotion is created by the music and the lyrics together.. or else its not the same
----

Attending:
07.03.2009 - 00:04
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by spoonerX on 06.03.2009 at 23:33

Nice.. I saw that already on your side thing under your picture

I thought that when you said "know" that included understand

I remember having a friend with me a few days before the Nimes concert she was singing Spiel Mit Mir without knowing what it meant..

Yeah ok, "know" was the wrong word i think but my english isn't as good as my german

I also think that the lyrics aren't that important, although the lyrics of Rammstein are really really good!
07.03.2009 - 00:13
spoonerX
My english sucks too.. it takes me minutes to make my sentences... I speak better french and german

for the lyrics.. I think they are important but the music need to be good too..
----

Attending:
07.03.2009 - 00:22
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by spoonerX on 07.03.2009 at 00:13

for the lyrics.. I think they are important but the music need to be good too..

For someone who doesn't know a thing about german... The music is of course the first factor and therefore more important for the overall feeling.

Although I agree that songs like Bück Dich are 1000 times more enjoyable when you understand what every word means
----
Rod, let me love you.
07.03.2009 - 00:35
spoonerX
Lol Bück Dich and all other Rein Raus of the same type
----

Attending:
07.03.2009 - 00:45
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by spoonerX on 07.03.2009 at 00:35

Lol Bück Dich and all other Rein Raus of the same type

Yeah... when I listened the song for the first time it was like "Damn ....this song is truly catchy"

But when I read the translations I went:
"....sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet "
----
Rod, let me love you.
07.03.2009 - 00:56
spoonerX
and then in live it gets... epic lol

I saw Bück Dich live when I was like 11 or 12... I didnt get it that much...
as I said I went with my brother.. I remember him trying to make me look away..
----

Attending: