Metal Storm logo
Edenbridge

23.05.2006 - 05:25
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
I just found this band back when Shine came out. What an amazing album and showcase of talent! It remains my favourite even though their entire discography is enjoyable. A close runner-up would be their live album, "A Livetime in Eden." The energy that Sabine and the band have is so infectious. So, who has heard the new album "The Grade Design"? I haven't heard it or the single yet

About a year or 2 ago I had a poll in the arena for best Edenbridge album. It died since there were only about 4 of us fans who voted I know there are more fans out there!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
26.05.2006 - 03:29
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Edenbridge are scraping in behind my big favourite bands, somewhere around the end of my top 10.
On EVERY release they show talent and songwriting skills, and even more so ORIGINALITY, i cant stand when people say they are a Nightwish clone, because they sound so different for a band in the same ganre. Their music is actually quite heavy, but it is well hidden.
I own all albums now
My order goes like this:
1. Shine (9.5/10)
2. Arcana (9.3/10)
3. Sunrise In Eden (9/10)
EDIT: 3. The Grand Design (9/10)
5. Aphelion (8/10)
26.05.2006 - 03:50
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
I just spent 50 GBP ($130 Australian) in the Edenbridge shop LOL
i purchased:
Limited edition (only 40 they claim), signed photographs of the band (i think there were 5 individuals, and one whole)
The Grand Design album (couldnt find it cheaper anywhere else)
and a Grand Design shirt (its white!!!, a nice variation for my shirt collecton)
26.05.2006 - 15:24
LeDruide
Yes, Shine is an incredible song, 8:29 min of heavy music with the amazing voice of Sabine. Also looking for the new album. For their best songs I would say Shine, The Undiscovered Land (the second part more speed and power music) and Forever Shine On (especially the live version on A livetime In Eden).
And I absolutely agree with you, Dark Cornatus : they're not f*** Nightwish clone. But you now, a lot of people (ignorant people, in fact) say that female-fronted bands are Nightwish clones.
26.05.2006 - 18:36
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
Written by Dark Cornatus on 26.05.2006 at 03:29
Their music is actually quite heavy, but it is well hidden.

YES! You're so right about both points. Lanvall plays a very crunchy guitar beyind all the beauty of Sabine's voice and the keyboards. I think they purposely record and mix it so as to be "hidden" like you say. It creates a delicate balance that few other bands have achieved. I agree, too, that they are not a clone of ANY band. Lanvall is truly an original composer. He is mostly influenced by prog metal and the style of the guitar gods but he takes that sound to a new place
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
27.05.2006 - 19:09
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Written by Susan on 26.05.2006 at 18:36

YES! You're so right about both points. Lanvall plays a very crunchy guitar beyind all the beauty of Sabine's voice and the keyboards. I think they purposely record and mix it so as to be "hidden" like you say. It creates a delicate balance that few other bands have achieved. I agree, too, that they are not a clone of ANY band. Lanvall is truly an original composer. He is mostly influenced by prog metal and the style of the guitar gods but he takes that sound to a new place

I agree, Lanvall actually may be one of my favourite guitarists.... try to listen to the music focusing on him, he has a quite unique style of playing, id love to hear him play withought the music, like in studio or something, to see just how alternate it is when not blended in the music.
Edenbridge are definatly becoming one of my all time greats in my band list.... i reckon they would sit at 6th place even!
01.06.2006 - 08:42
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
I love edenbridge they are amongst my favorite bands. Shine and Sunrise in Eden are my two favorite albums from them.

But i can find The Grand Design anywhere here, so i had to import it, i put it on order about half an hour ago, so another two - six weeks. Reviews iv read people say its fantastic...
I agree with the people here about Lanvall, iv been saying this for a long time, he is one of the most underated guitarist, or rather unknown.
03.06.2006 - 22:14
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
I'm listening to The Grand Design for the first time right now. For some reason I wasn't nevous when I put the CD in - I just new they wouldn't disappoint And they didn't!

I'm only about half way through but I'm really impressed. It's DEFINITELY their most progressive work to-date and a wonderful evolution for them. None of the magic has been lost from "Shine," just more wonderful elements have been added. They just keep getting better and better somehow. If anyone has any doubts about buying this album then my advice is of course give it a try!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
13.06.2006 - 05:10
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
Is ANYONE else listening to The Grand Design? Geez it's been over a week since the last post. I've had The Grand Design in the car and have probably listened over 12 times. It's AMAZING and gets 10 times better with each listen. Without a doubt it's the best new release I've heard so far this year. Anyone?
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
13.06.2006 - 13:31
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Shit sorry i forgot all about this thread.
Edenbridge are just not fucking up, have they even written a bad song? I cannot remember evr skipping a track
The Grand Design is addictive! I love the song 'On Top Of The World' atm, prob my fav, but 'The Grand Design' and 'Terra Nova' are also right up there!
I want my signed band photos and Shirt!!! Pity i will be in Europe SEEING THEM LIVE when they get posted here . I cant wait, yes i know i sound too excited Ill shutup now
30.07.2006 - 07:30
Jehiel
Account deleted
I love everything they did, but I think the Grand Design might be my favorite yet. Their sound seemed to move forward and evolve while still keeping all the talent and skill they had to begin with. Each song on the album is great, but my favorite is Flame of Passion.
06.08.2006 - 20:39
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Just listened to 'The Grand Design' the other day...and I must say I'm in trouble: a part of my found the music and the vocals to be absolutly brilliant but then another part of found the whole album a little boring and the tracks to be to much a like...so I didn't buy it (it was nearly 20 euros)...I can't find any mp3s so I can try to surpress the part that found it boring...damnit I hate when things like this happens
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
07.08.2006 - 01:51
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
@GT - Go back and buy it!!!! The first few times I listened I was bored after the first song ended. But... after about the 3rd or 4th listen I was completely hooked and saw what was special in each track. Proggy albums like this take time to grow on my ear
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
08.08.2006 - 20:34
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@Lyrinan: I think I will buy it then...hope you're right
----

04.09.2006 - 06:15
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I've only heard good things about the new album...it reminds me of a revamped Iron Maiden with keyboards, a female vocalist and symphonic danglings added here and there with some piano/vocal trinkets...good symphonic power metal...I mean, with songs like Evermore, Terra and See You Fading Afar, who is gonna complain? nobody, that's who!
04.09.2006 - 08:36
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
The new album is great, but it is overall the most different album, if you listen carefully, the keyboard element has become smaller. My favourite song is easily 'On Top Of The World'

I have a signed photo set (real photos) of the band, yayyy! And i bought a white TGD shirt.
04.09.2006 - 12:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know this band, cant say I like or dont like, one album. hmm I hd hear some songs but not album

But maybe someone can explain what title emans and why thy cjoose it
I her in old schotish lnguage Edenbride thay call Edinbrought
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.09.2006 - 13:40
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Eden im sure is biblical, as in the garden of Eden, and Bridge being a path, im sure its just symbolic.
I like the name.

Have you heard the songs:
The Palace
Shine
Cheyenne Spirit
On Top Of The World
The Undiscovered Land
Sunrise In Eden

for example as a few of my favs?

Edenbridge overtook Nightwish in my fav bands list too, they are my 4th fav band now.
04.09.2006 - 13:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Dark Cornatus on 04.09.2006 at 13:40

Eden im sure is biblical, as in the garden of Eden, and Bridge being a path, im sure its just symbolic.
I like the name.

Have you heard the songs:
The Palace
Shine
Cheyenne Spirit
On Top Of The World
The Undiscovered Land
Sunrise In Eden

for example as a few of my favs?

Edenbridge overtook Nightwish in my fav bands list too, they are my 4th fav band now.

I know what is eden, but thay take name from it?

I hear in discovery that Edinbrought old name was Ednbrige, i dunno how spell it, and I kmnow those songs not all but some, and i can dounloud it, I had read Edenbrige lyrics its great
----

apos;'
[image]
05.09.2006 - 00:10
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Ok. yeh as i said im not sure what it means, it was just a guess. I dont understand what you mean in the first part? Are you saying you heard that they were called something different before? Ill have to look into that, i didnt know.

The lyrics are great, in fact some of my favourites, just pleasing words, nothing bad.
14.09.2006 - 20:04
Angellorus
Account deleted
Their two last albums are incredibly good! Songs like Shine, Wild Chase, Terra Nova and The Grand Design are PERFECT.
14.09.2006 - 23:41
pyroclasm
Account deleted
I have the Shine CD and I think its incredible I've heard some songs of all of their albums, and no song disappointed me. They're probably my favourite band with female vocals although Nightwish, Dark Moor and Sinergy come close. 'Shine' is a really amazing song, it's a long song, but it doesn't bore at all! could probably play it 10 times in a row before it starts to get annoying :p
20.09.2006 - 17:14
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Have had time to listen to 'The Grand Design' and get used to the sound and I must say it's great. The album is very different from what I normally listen to, but fortunatly not in a bad way. Favortie track is 'Terra Nova'. Glad I pulled my self together and bought it
----

22.09.2006 - 01:11
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Written by GT on 20.09.2006 at 17:14

Have had time to listen to 'The Grand Design' and get used to the sound and I must say it's great. The album is very different from what I normally listen to, but fortunatly not in a bad way. Favortie track is 'Terra Nova'. Glad I pulled my self together and bought it

It is a great album man, if you enjoy it look into their other material too, they are such an underrated band musically, i compare Lanvall amongst my fav guitarist easily, likewise keys and vocals.

Is there any other band more soothing to the ears? My heart becomes entranced with the elegance of Edenbridge's music. Sure that sounds pathetic, but it is true.
22.09.2006 - 02:19
Bitch Boy
I love this band. My favorite song is "Move along home" and my favorite album is Shine, but "The Grand Design" is also a very good album, more progressive than the rest.
22.09.2006 - 03:33
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Its only more Progressive because they have taken alot of the Symphonics out, its really the same style as the rest, i dont really think they are too progressive though, but it is quite visable on latest album.
18.10.2006 - 10:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Dark Cornatus on 22.09.2006 at 03:33

Its only more Progressive because they have taken alot of the Symphonics out, its really the same style as the rest, i dont really think they are too progressive though, but it is quite visable on latest album.

I eont think if band use symhonics ist progresive, Bishof Of Hexena and a lot of BM bands use them too but its BM,

Or you mean band goes to progress way?
----

apos;'
[image]
18.10.2006 - 11:36
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Written by Bad English on 18.10.2006 at 10:52

Written by Dark Cornatus on 22.09.2006 at 03:33

I eont think if band use symhonics ist progresive, Bishof Of Hexena and a lot of BM bands use them too but its BM,

Or you mean band goes to progress way?

No i mean they have lost alot of the Symphonic Elements, therefore, the music has become more focused on the Progressive side of Edenbridge, the tempo has changed and its more focused on guitarwork
18.10.2006 - 11:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@DC - i hawnt hear them leitehes albums and I acn not say it, to tell more I shood listen them all albums, i had hear only some so I dunno but if thay stil has something from begining I can listen them even now, but hope thay dont sounds like The Gathering?
----

apos;'
[image]
18.10.2006 - 12:34
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
lmao no, nothing like them at all, still sound like Edenbridge, on all albums they still have that Edenbridge sound.