Metal Storm logo
Edenbridge

Original post

Posted by Susan, 23.05.2006 - 05:25
I just found this band back when Shine came out. What an amazing album and showcase of talent! It remains my favourite even though their entire discography is enjoyable. A close runner-up would be their live album, "A Livetime in Eden." The energy that Sabine and the band have is so infectious. So, who has heard the new album "The Grade Design"? I haven't heard it or the single yet

About a year or 2 ago I had a poll in the arena for best Edenbridge album. It died since there were only about 4 of us fans who voted I know there are more fans out there!
18.10.2006 - 13:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Dark Cornatus on 18.10.2006 at 12:34

lmao no, nothing like them at all, still sound like Edenbridge, on all albums they still have that Edenbridge sound.

What is Imao? I kno IMO

Well then its good, if band hasnt changed, what else we can wish,
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.10.2006 - 14:08
Valentin B
Iconoclast
lmao=laughing my ass off
as for the band,well,they're wonderful.the girl has pretty good vocals,and best of all,non-tarja vocals
and the guitarist is good
10.11.2006 - 05:33
Lorien
Account deleted
I got bored after listening to a couple of songs
The voice is too lame ffs
I don't like them, but they have potential
21.11.2006 - 07:22
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
What songs were you listening to? I dont understand why you mean by lame vocals? Shes easily the best female vocalist for me, i cannot see anyone else pouring so much emotion into vocals. Your favourite band is Nightwish (one of mine too), and you think Sabines vocals are lamer than Tarjas? Tarja is weak live and cannot hold long notes, Sabine can, and is brilliant from what ive seen of her live. Potential wise, they are quite big already though, i mean 5 albums that are all amazing, they are touring most of the world.
22.11.2006 - 19:48
Zenzero
Zenzero
Great I have lots of their album but not all I think!! Shine is great!! the last I think is not so beauty but is very good at the same time!!! The Edenbridge best song I think is catennial legend!!! ohhhhh it is so damned beauty!!!
23.11.2006 - 09:44
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Beautiful is the word your looking for. Well i rate all albums above 7/10, Aphelion the weakest, Sunrise In Eden the strongest.

My personal favourite song (and fav song of all time) is Cheyenne Spirit.
12.12.2006 - 20:15
Soliloquy
Edenbridge...just came across em while looking up Sirenia. umm, what kinda power metal band are they? like the US power metal band, or the Cheesy Euro power metal?
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
12.12.2006 - 20:41
Bitch Boy
@ Soliloquy: Cheesy Euro -symphonic prog- power metal.
13.12.2006 - 07:40
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Written by Soliloquy on 12.12.2006 at 20:15

Edenbridge...just came across em while looking up Sirenia. umm, what kinda power metal band are they? like the US power metal band, or the Cheesy Euro power metal?

They are like neither. Moreso Euro because of the Symphonic Element, but they dont base lyrics on your typical power metal stuff. I know you have alot of similar tastes in music to me man, so give it a bash. They are my 4th favourite band for good reason.

The guitar work is extraordinary, he uses different elements for different songs. Symphonics are brilliant, and on every album, there is... how do you say it, an oriental kind of keyboard tune, its cool.

The thing with Edenbridge for me is, they always make me happy, the songs are light hearted and mean alot. The lyrics are far from cliche and their sound is unique, they sound nothing like Nightwish to which they are called similar to. Edenbridge are like a breath of fresh air on the metal scene.

Here are some samples: (right click to open in a new window so you dont have to keep reloading this page)

Cheyenne Spirit
Shine
On Top Of The World
Sunrise In Eden
Terra Nova
Wild Chase
Starlight Reverie

Video - The Undiscovered Land (Live)
13.12.2006 - 07:47
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
Written by Dark Cornatus on 13.12.2006 at 07:40

Written by Soliloquy on 12.12.2006 at 20:15

They are like neither. Moreso Euro because of the Symphonic Element, but they dont base lyrics on your typical power metal stuff. I know you have alot of similar tastes in music to me man, so give it a bash. They are my 4th favourite band for good reason.

The guitar work is extraordinary, he uses different elements for different songs. Symphonics are brilliant, and on every album, there is... how do you say it, an oriental kind of keyboard tune, its cool.

The thing with Edenbridge for me is, they always make me happy, the songs are light hearted and mean alot. The lyrics are far from cliche and their sound is unique, they sound nothing like Nightwish to which they are called similar to.

Here are some samples:

Cheyenne Spirit
Shine
On Top Of The World
Sunrise In Eden
Terra Nova
Wild Chase
Starlight Reverie

Video - The Undiscovered Land (Live)

Really great summary. I agree with you 100% about the more meaningful lyrics and that they always put me in a good mood, too. Lanvall's skill with composition is nearly unmatched in metal; he weaves so many different elements and styles into one VERY cohesive sound. Your list of samples is also great but I'd add "Evermore" if you can find it - it's quickly becoming one of my favourite songs of all time
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
13.12.2006 - 08:29
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Yeh its cool huh, the riff is awesome. The sample for it wasnt a good one, i wish they were full clips not samples.
I forgot to mention Sabine vocals, she is easily my favourite female vocalist ever!
Well they didnt have all my fav songs, but at least Cheyenne Spirit was there, which is my fav song of all time.
13.12.2006 - 18:31
Soliloquy
humm...actually, out of euro power metal, i dont mind nightwish. mainly coz of their lyrics and empu's solos. not that they are the 'best' but i like em anyways. lots of reverb and sometimes emotional solos.

anyways, i heard Edenbridge's 'wild chase' or soemthing to do with horses. its intro somewhat struck and left me in awe, coz whatever instrument they are using, i have yet to hear a metal band using that instrument to make it sound like some chinese folk song. sounds really cool. and the songs, you, Dark Cornatus, sent me, to be honest, some of their key board is quite annoying. like sure, if you have a solo used with the keys, tahts fine. but if the whole song has it, it starts sounding like 70's pop music. their vocalist isnt something that is sweeping me off my feet either, but shes different. she isnt operatic, so i guess i'll have to get used to that? idk, ill let em grow onto me...if that is possible
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
18.12.2006 - 05:20
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Written by Soliloquy on 13.12.2006 at 18:31

humm...actually, out of euro power metal, i dont mind nightwish. mainly coz of their lyrics and empu's solos. not that they are the 'best' but i like em anyways. lots of reverb and sometimes emotional solos.

anyways, i heard Edenbridge's 'wild chase' or soemthing to do with horses. its intro somewhat struck and left me in awe, coz whatever instrument they are using, i have yet to hear a metal band using that instrument to make it sound like some chinese folk song. sounds really cool. and the songs, you, Dark Cornatus, sent me, to be honest, some of their key board is quite annoying. like sure, if you have a solo used with the keys, tahts fine. but if the whole song has it, it starts sounding like 70's pop music. their vocalist isnt something that is sweeping me off my feet either, but shes different. she isnt operatic, so i guess i'll have to get used to that? idk, ill let em grow onto me...if that is possible

What your referring to is that oriental sound i was referring too, they have it on every album with at least one song, i guess its kind of a trademark for them lol. Its really well used on the starts of songs 'Whisper Of The Ages' from the Arcana album and 'The Undiscovered Land' off Aphelion.

I dont really know what you mean about the keyboards... considering bands like Sonata Arctica and Children Of Bodom are like 10 times worse with keyboards. I think they blend in perfectly.

Well Sabine wasnt my fav vocalist til i really got into the when i had about 3 albums. She grew on me, and now is my favourite. She sings in Soprano, but annunciates words in far better manner than other Sopranos i think. Listen to the way she blends falsetto into her words, it really is amazing how she does this, and ive heard no other female vocalist do it better.
24.09.2007 - 11:42
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
The following update was posted on Edenbridge official website:

"On Sep 19 the production of the new Edenbridge album in the Wild One Studios in Vienna has begun. Sebastian recorded his drumparts in unbelievable 2 days under the supervision of engineer Frank Pitters, studio owner Jakob Grabmayr und producer Lanvall !

Picture1 // Picture2

Threshold guitar mastermind and Thin Ice Studios chief Karl Groom came over from England to watch over the drum recordings and make the perfect sound. Karl will also do the mix of the record which is scheduled for January.

Picture3 // Picture4

Recordings will continue on Oct 1 in the "Farpoint Station" Studio, where vocals, guitars, basses and keyboards will be recorded."

The orchestra recordings for the new Edenbridge album will take place in Prague on October 12. Edenbridge will be supported by the 65-piece Czech Film Orchestra (consisting of musicians from the Prague Philharmonic Orchestra and the Czech State Opera Orchestra). The orchestra, which was previously involved with recordings for renowned Hollywood productions, will be heard on nine out of ten songs plus the intro. Lanvall's (guitar, keyboards) orchestral arrangements were recently put into the final score by famous conductor/composer/accordion virtuoso Enrique Ugarte.
24.09.2007 - 21:17
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Just got the Chronicles Of Eden compilation. A very nice album with lots of excellent tracks from all of their discography
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
25.09.2007 - 12:34
Bash'
:)
I have their Shine only, I like Centennial Legend [so emotional, oh really..], What You Leave Behind [PERFECT], And The Road Goes On & lastly Shine the highlighted track.

I'd add, that even though I liked some tracks, and I believe it would be a loss if I didn't have them, but also at the same time, I don't feel like to keep on collecting more of their stuff, just a feeling like a one album is enough for them in my humble collection. as if...
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
25.09.2007 - 13:36
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Written by Bash' on 25.09.2007 at 12:34

I have their Shine only, I like Centennial Legend [so emotional, oh really..], What You Leave Behind [PERFECT], And The Road Goes On & lastly Shine the highlighted track.

I'd add, that even though I liked some tracks, and I believe it would be a loss if I didn't have them, but also at the same time, I don't feel like to keep on collecting more of their stuff, just a feeling like a one album is enough for them in my humble collection. as if...

Fair enough, it might grow on you more, the song Shine for me was glued into my memory after about 5 listens lol.
25.09.2007 - 13:59
Bash'
:)
hmm.. like you freaked me friend, I'll start to search for Sunrise In Eden so.
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
29.11.2007 - 08:28
Oracle
Orcinus
Does anyone know when Edenbridge's new album actually comes out? i thought it was Jan or Feb but now its meant to be April? im confused
29.11.2007 - 09:23
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Oracle on 29.11.2007 at 08:28

Does anyone know when Edenbridge's new album actually comes out? i thought it was Jan or Feb but now its meant to be April? im confused

According to their website they will do a CD presentation gig in May...but exactly when the CD itself is released I can't say...I guess finding a new guitarist delayed them
----

29.11.2007 - 14:36
Oracle
Orcinus
Oh ok thanks
according to MS its meant to be out April 2008
30.11.2007 - 01:50
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
God i cant wait to hear it. MyEarthDream sounds like its going to be good.
30.11.2007 - 02:51
Oracle
Orcinus
@DC: i have to second you on that
30.11.2007 - 10:47
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@DC and Oracle: I'll third it...
----

24.12.2007 - 04:11
Oracle
Orcinus
Omg Matt and I got their live album last week and they sound amazing. they do an awesome job live and it just makes me want to see them live now.
28.05.2008 - 10:25
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Hmm no comments yet on the new album, "Myearthdream" ? Well, I'm really enjoying it after just picking it up yesterday I am not sure why, but I just never could get into their music until recently. Not that I didn't like them, but maybe I just was never in the mood for their music, who knows? But, after getting their "Chronicles Of Eden" 2cd set, I'm finally starting to enjoy them a lot.

One thing I do notice about the new album is that I'm having a difficult time decided which songs are my favorites. On the older albums, there were always songs that just stood way above the rest, but on the new album, I like it from start to finish. Anyway, what does everyone else think of it?
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
28.05.2008 - 15:58
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
I haven't heard the new album yet (shame on me) but I think I have to get it based on your description
----

29.05.2008 - 02:58
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Written by GT on 28.05.2008 at 15:58

I haven't heard the new album yet (shame on me) but I think I have to get it based on your description

Yes I'd recommend it, but I'm always a bit hesitant with recommendations for bands that I've only recently begun to enjoy Particularly with bands that have many CDs out, I usually find that long-time fans end up only liking older CDs But, really, I like the "MyEarthDream" disc a lot, and you can hear a bunch of songs from it on the band's myspace page
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
29.05.2008 - 20:15
Janne
Hugin
'My Earthdream' is more similar to the older albums(and better) than 'The Grand Design'. It's not as good as 'Arcana' or 'Shine' was but still a great album. After 'The Grand Design' I expected worse. So now I'm happy that they didn't continue that way. 'Remember Me' is my favourite song after I listened to it 5 times. Anyway I don't like 'Whale Rider'... I thought about 'A Moment Of Time' when I heard it, but it's so unnatural.
On the whole I like it and I'll like it better and better after each time I listened it.
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
03.06.2008 - 17:13
I love alll the songs off the album Shine..but ididn't like any older songs...I haven't gotten the new album yet but i hope to very soon