Metal Storm logo
Entombed

Original post

Posted by __Az__, 24.05.2006 - 02:37
Entombed, a death metal band from Sweden are one of my personal favourites...

IMO their best albums are probably Candlestine and Left Hand Path... My favourite track is probably Supposed To Rot...
I prefer these two albums because over time theyre style changed....

What does everyone else think?
13.09.2006 - 08:16
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
i think Wolverine Blues and the albums beyond (excluding that piece of shit "same difference") are better...i think the death and roll/stoner metal sound suites them better than their swedish death metal shit...thats just me though
28.11.2006 - 07:31
crown
Account deleted
So I am right to know that Entombed did only 2 albums as a DM band. The first 2.
I was kinda thinking that they had gone back to their roots sometime now.
28.11.2006 - 17:35
Sunioj
@Jesus Puncher,
Yeah, the swedish old school dm sound is hard to get used to if you are new to the sound, but I understand where you are coming from.

Clandestine, Wolverine blues, Left Hand Path, To Ride, shoot straight and speak the truth, are probably my fav picks.
01.12.2006 - 08:31
crown
Account deleted
I think the Swedish style is just absolutely amazing!!!! Clandestine is their only album which I have and what a mother of an album that is!!!

I think the first ever deathmetal song I heard [and saw the video at the same time] was Stranger Aeons, and from then till now I am hooked to DM...
Thankyou Entombed for the 'once upon a time' good memories!!!!
06.12.2006 - 12:35
ErabatukII
Not only one of the best Swedish death metal bands, but one of (and still) the best death metal bands ever period.In their early Nilihist form, they basically laid out the entire swedish death metal formular (Along with Carnage). Even in their mid non-death era, they churned out very good albums. I'm just a fucking fanboy basically. Honestly, the song writing in this band is unmatched, only with say Death and Autopsy being up there. The latest release is only a refirmation in their rediscovery of old school death metal (probably done so in their side-project Murder Squad). Left hand Path and Clandestine should be in every death metal head's library.No excuses.
----
03.04.2007 - 22:33
Robstar
Great swedish band , Am not really a big fan of these dudes but I really like their Wolverine Blues , perhaps one of their greatest stuff...anyway good band... kind of boring sometimes , lack of brutality! jejeje
----
Nothing is unreacheable
04.04.2007 - 19:18
Sunioj
Clandestine is my all time favorite from these guys, IMO because it has the closest sound to dismember which is also my favorite Swedish Old school band...I was listening to morning star though, its a great disc but it has alot of thrash structure and mostly a thrash sound...
06.06.2007 - 01:18
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I just bought Wolverine Blues by these guys not too long ago. Overall, this is a very boring album with only a few good songs. The death n' roll sound they had going is nice and all, but I think some of the songs could have been faster. The vocals are pretty lame too, with the annoying clean shouts. I also think there could have been more solos, but it's alright though because I wasn't expecting much and bought it for a good price.
06.06.2007 - 17:18
Sunioj
I like the title track for wolverine blues though, has a great sound to it and the production adds to the song IMO.
06.06.2007 - 22:42
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Yeah, I vaguely remember the first three songs to be pretty good, but it all went downhill from there.
03.07.2007 - 13:43
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Video footage of Entombed performing at the Metaltown festival in Gothenburg has been posted at YouTube here (low quality).

Also the title track from Entombed's new album "Serpent Saints - The Ten Amendments" has been posted on the Candlelight Records USA MySpace page at this location.
30.07.2007 - 19:05
Passenger
Lost To Apathy
The new album, "Serpent Saints - The Ten Amendments" is out now. If you really like Death Metal you will hear it, because it's Entombed's best album yet

Best tracks: "When In Sodom", "The Dead, The Dying, And The Dying To Be Dead"
----
You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets. You do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it ~ Mean Streets
11.08.2007 - 01:43
MissRagnarok
Like the new album quite a lot =)

Hmm.. will probably go see them in Helsinki next month while I'm on holiday there, yay =D
(They should put the tourdates somewhere so we can add them to MS..)
----
For I am so omniscient that if there were to be two omnisciences's; I would be both!
- Ziltoid
11.08.2007 - 01:49
Sunioj
Written by Passenger on 30.07.2007 at 19:05

The new album, "Serpent Saints - The Ten Amendments" is out now. If you really like Death Metal you will hear it, because it's Entombed's best album yet

Best tracks: "When In Sodom", "The Dead, The Dying, And The Dying To Be Dead"

Thanks bro, Ive been waiting to hear what people have to say about the new album...sounds positive!
22.10.2007 - 22:22
I like Entombed!!!!
The best song is When In Sodom!!
23.10.2007 - 00:07
Omni
Account deleted
I've heard a couple of tracks from these guys recently. Quite an interesting sound and I'd love to hear a full album.

Any recommendations where to start?
23.10.2007 - 00:21
Sunioj
Written by Author on 23.10.2007 at 00:07

I've heard a couple of tracks from these guys recently. Quite an interesting sound and I'd love to hear a full album.

Any recommendations where to start?

I personally think you should start on their old traditional work, which are essential IMO...like Clandestine, Wolverine blues, Left Hand Path, To Ride, Shoot sStraight and Speak the Truth. More emphasis on Left hand path and Clandestine though. For their modern era, Im pretty much the wrong person to ask, since none of it really interests me except for Morning Star.
23.10.2007 - 08:21
juliocb
I have not heard a lot of material from them, can you recomend me some songs? =)
----
http://www.ballade.no/nmi.nsf/pic/carpatian_forest_01/$file/carpatian_forest_01.jpg
03.12.2007 - 20:11
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Stalkermusic.com has posted a video interview with Entombed. The six-minute clip, which includes performance footage from the band's Finnish mini-tour in September 2007, can be viewed at this location.
21.02.2008 - 16:37
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by LethargyMan on 31.07.2006 at 08:02

Entombed's Death 'n Roll is fucking killer. I bought Inferno a while ago, and it is good. I really should listen to their Death Metal albums sometime, though.

I'm with you man...
I really love Entombed's Death 'n Roll is just so damm angry... I listened to Uprising for some hours ago... the firs time... And it was f*cking awesome.
I just don't know why I don't listen to their first albums that I have in mi computer xD.
Their Death 'n Roll style seems to be more interesting for me.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
21.02.2008 - 22:03
Skeggjadr
Account deleted
I like some of thier Death 'N' Roll stuff... I remember hearing Flexing Muscles ages ago... it made me laugh, but it also has some crushing riffs with that unbeatable Swedish Death guitar tone. Still, Left Hand Path is by far thier best: a classic album, not just in DM but for metal in general.
09.03.2008 - 05:59
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Just getting into them, their pretty cool so far. I started with Serpent Saints. Any input on what I should listen to next?
----
Coldgrits
09.03.2008 - 07:19
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by -DC-002- on 09.03.2008 at 05:59

Just getting into them, their pretty cool so far. I started with Serpent Saints. Any input on what I should listen to next?

Left Hand Path and Clandestine are their best albums.
14.08.2008 - 18:40
MathC
Account deleted
Entooooooooooooooooooooooooombed !

Left Hand Path would be my favourite. Some of their mid-career stuff is kinda gay but overall, very strong band and their last one, Serpent Saints, was a very strong comeback.
14.12.2008 - 00:36
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Thats a very interesting band. I wasnt expecting much when i first heard of them, ''a commom death metal name, must be a commom death metal band..'' i was really wrong. Their ''Death 'n' Roll'' style is stunning, i was finally getting tired of all the same death metal shit lately (only Nile and Obituary still fresh to me), and then i decide to give Entombed a try. Their early works are nice, but i really get interest in their works from ''Same Difference'' to on, when the death n roll becomes evident. My favorite album is Inferno so far, but i didnt check out their latest realease (which im not very excited seeing the reviews about )
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
14.12.2008 - 04:02
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I agree that their death'n'roll style was pretty refreshing for a death metal scene that has been dead for long time, but I still worship especially their first stuff... Left Hand Path is probably the greatest death metal album ever released in Sweden, probably along with, for my tast, Like an Everflowing Stream and Osculum Obscenum, and that's big shit to tell.
14.12.2008 - 13:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by juliocb on 23.10.2007 at 08:21

I have not heard a lot of material from them, can you recomend me some songs? =)

OMG you shood try first 2 albums ''Left Hand Path'' and ''Clandestine'' you can lsiten others to but if you wanna be true old school try those albums otrhers are prity boring,
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.12.2008 - 19:59
Yeah that's right their style has changed but if Entombed wasn't different when they first started, DM industry wouldn't become like this.. and I'm happy with that.. FULL OF HELL
21.12.2008 - 11:30
Daniel
Left Hand Path continues to be my favourite dm album, ever. Although its the only entombed I have heard. Scared that i will be dissapointed if i hear later releases.

Any recomendations?
----
In The Cold Winds of Nowhere
21.12.2008 - 16:40
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Daniel on 21.12.2008 at 11:30

Left Hand Path continues to be my favourite dm album, ever. Although its the only entombed I have heard. Scared that i will be dissapointed if i hear later releases.

Any recomendations?

Check out Clandestine... It's in the same vein of LHP and you will probably like it It's also a real classic but not as influential as LHP... Hope you like it!

Everything after the first 2 albums is death 'n' Roll. If you are interested in the style I can only recommend you: Uprising [really funny album, perfect for parties.], Morning Star and Inferno. The last two I said are more "serious" so to speak... But I really like the sound of Uprising, it's funny but with great musical quality.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.