Metal Storm logo
Apocalyptica - Play Show At Eurovision Song Contest Final

The following update was posted at Apocalyptica's website:

"Apocalyptica at the 2007 Eurovision Song Contest Final: Special Guests (not in the actual competition). They will bring their trailblazing brand of metal to the show's final entertainment climax, blending old hits and previewing tracks from new album in an 8 minute medley. Classical sounds of Metallica and Sepultura beamed out to over a BILLION viewers!!!!!

The 2007 final continues along the direction the 2006 winners Lordi had previously marked out, promising fantasy, fun and rock. Lordi will also naturally participate in the event, opening the whole ceremony themselves with a live performance. The television broadcast this year will also witness some amazing real-time, slow-motion images which are incredibly rare in modern live broadcasting, and totally breathtaking.

Apocalyptica also release the live DVD "The Life Burns Tour" on May the 14th across the UK on Columbia, support Metallica on July 16th in Helsinki, and are building up to the release of the debut record on Columbia in September
(TBC) which will feature a whole host of incredible guest stars who are at the forefront of the hard rock/metal scene... to be revealed in the coming weeks."

Source: apocalyptica.com
Band profile: Apocalyptica
Posted: 27.04.2007 by Warman

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   Visited by: 10 users
27.04.2007 - 22:49
Lupas
Maximus
Finally , eurovision that is worth to watch
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
28.04.2007 - 00:55
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Interesting news. Would the eurovision evolve little by little?
28.04.2007 - 01:53
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Next on the Eurovision Songfestival, the finalist sent from Greece: Rotting Christ!!

*15 year old girls scream their hearts out*
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
28.04.2007 - 02:30
X-FrEaK

Lets send Moonspell to own u :X
----
28.04.2007 - 03:19
Bitch Boy

Is this the show in which Apocalyptica would play along with a ballet show??
28.04.2007 - 12:21
Carrion
Account deleted
Hm, maybe I could watch the show after all.. Or maybe not, we'll see. But what I'm happy about is that they're going to support Metallica in Helsinki, now there's something to see (Well, the second supporting band is HIM, but hey, there's always a little crap along with good.)
28.04.2007 - 13:06
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
@ Bitch Boy Yes, it is the same show.
----
You'll never walk alone.
28.04.2007 - 17:10
sakrillion
Account deleted
slovenia will win, with an opera
28.04.2007 - 23:50
Bitch Boy

Written by Ernotar on 28.04.2007 at 13:06

@ Bitch Boy Yes, it is the same show.

Thank you. We were actually comenting this in the band's thread. You should submit all those news so they can give you point too
29.04.2007 - 11:49
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
@ Bitch Boy Nah, I'll rather tell my information in the thread, where no one judges whether the news are important enough to be added.

@ sakrillion I bet Ukraine will win.
----
You'll never walk alone.
29.04.2007 - 15:28
owentheyo
Account deleted
Isn't it just Finland cashing in on their recent success? Not that Apocalyptica are bad, but they're getting way too big for comfort and collaboratring with shitty artists.
29.04.2007 - 17:09
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
Written by Guest on 29.04.2007 at 15:28

Isn't it just Finland cashing in on their recent success? Not that Apocalyptica are bad, but they're getting way too big for comfort and collaboratring with shitty artists.

I suppose the idea was just to show foreign people different things from Finland and one can't find so many bands like Apocalyptica in the world...
----
You'll never walk alone.
29.04.2007 - 17:15
matthioso

I think I'm going to record the show and afterwards I'll only watch the part of Apocalyptica
----
www.seedofrock.be
30.04.2007 - 11:56
MaSTeMa

Written by X-FrEaK on 28.04.2007 at 02:30

Lets send Moonspell to own u :X

i would really love to seeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!;D
imagine that Langsuyar screams out ; SHE BROUGHT THE NIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHTTTT!!!!
oh yeaaahhhhh.....really rockin'
13.05.2007 - 01:18
Ernis
狼獾
Apocalyptica was grand....I liked that they played Faraway....
however....what the fuck were these punk ballet dancers and this matrix gollum lamp swallower doing there?
13.05.2007 - 14:26
Baz Anderson

this was news?? hahaha - I must have missed it..
I was quite shocked when they announced on the show who would be playing..
not that I am a big fan of theirs or anything - but it was better then a lot of other things they could have produced

Hits total: 3750 | This month: 4