‹‹ Back to the Alternative metal forum Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]
Users visited: 300  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Throne of Rats on 29.04.2007 at 11:49
Probably my favorite band of all time, and I think they need a thread. I saw them live for the first time and they were amazing. They definatly have a style of their own that is hard to compare to. What does everyone else think about these guys, discuss your thoughts.

Page 10 of 10

Monolithic
♠♠♠

26.01.2013 at 14:23
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.01.2013 at 14:05

Written by Monolithic on 26.01.2013 at 14:03

Morbid Angel's original drummer,Mike Browning was also the vocalist before he left the band.

and he still sang in the band he started afterwards, Nocturnus.
But indee he is another singing drummer

So I conclude that "rare" wouldn't be the appropriate word, either.
BlueMobius
Ronin

26.01.2013 at 18:22
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.01.2013 at 14:05

Written by Monolithic on 26.01.2013 at 14:03

Morbid Angel's original drummer,Mike Browning was also the vocalist before he left the band.

and he still sang in the band he started afterwards, Nocturnus.
But indee he is another singing drummer

You can add Absu to the list of singing drummers as well.

With bands, like Mastodon, that have more than one person sharing vocal duties, it can add a lot to the music. I especially like it with faster black metal bands when they have two or three people doing screaming vocals, not at the same time, but in sort of a back and forth rhythm.
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman

27.01.2013 at 11:36
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.01.2013 at 14:16

Not as unique as it seems. Kiss in their heydays had all four bandmembers doing vocals.

That's true and a good point. And if you go back even further, you'll know that The Beatles had songs on their albums in which all four members did lead vocals. Sure, most of the vocals were done by Paul and John, but George and Ringo got a go occasionally. It seems Kiss did this as well, and from reading Gene's book, it's clear he was very heavily influenced by the success of The Beatles, as were so many bands of the 70s and onwards.
----
Tonight, tonight, is it just a rhapsody, or am I right? Tonight, tonight, is it all a mystery? I just can't fight no more...
K†ulu
Seeker of Truth

05.12.2013 at 22:29
Mastodon is recording a new album!

From their facebook page:

"When Mastodon break from recording their new studio album (currently being recorded) for the Holidays, be sure to check out Brent and Brann performing at 2 special shows in Atlanta 12/27 @ 529 & 12/31 Star Bar"
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule

06.12.2013 at 09:40
Written by K†ulu on 05.12.2013 at 22:29

Mastodon is recording a new album!

From their facebook page:

"When Mastodon break from recording their new studio album (currently being recorded) for the Holidays, be sure to check out Brent and Brann performing at 2 special shows in Atlanta 12/27 @ 529 & 12/31 Star Bar"

Old news, but looking forward to it. They're working with Nick Raskulinecz, so it should be interesting, as long as it doesn't turn out like the new alice in chains
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
Dr.Overkill26

09.02.2014 at 08:44
I am crazy Pumped for the new Mastodon! I love them, Have been a Fan since Blood Mountain. I saw them Live With High on Fire, Converge (whom I slept on at the Time but wound up becoming one of my Favs) and Dethklok. It was amazing, they Played Crack the Skye in its entirety, Then a whole other set of Leviathan and Blood Mountain songs, Plus The Bit By Melvins and one From Remission. Mother Puncher. They are aso the Band That turned me onto Melvins, High on Fire, Isis and Neurosis. Yeah I really Love mastodon. My rankings: 1. Leviathan 2. Remission. 3. Crack The Skye. 4. Blood Mountain. 5. The Hunter.
----
Do you need what I need? Boundaries overthrown Look inside to each his own
Do you trust what I trust? me myself and I Penetrate the smoke screen I see Through the selfish lie
deadone
Mainstream Whore

11.02.2014 at 02:51
In an ideal world, they'd go back to Leviathan/Remission style.

But we live in a non-ideal world where there's still lots of poverty, environmental degradation and conflict. Hence Mastodon release stuff that does not make my loins quiver in joy.

I want more exploding horses and big frickin whales.
Dr.Overkill26

03.05.2014 at 23:28
Written by deadone on 11.02.2014 at 02:51

In an ideal world, they'd go back to Leviathan/Remission style.

But we live in a non-ideal world where there's still lots of poverty, environmental degradation and conflict. Hence Mastodon release stuff that does not make my loins quiver in joy.

I want more exploding horses and big frickin whales.

I agree completely, Although I do enjoy the hunter, Crack the Skye (a total masterpiece) and def Blood Mountain. It's just that I would like to see them get all Chaotic/Abrasive again.
----
Do you need what I need? Boundaries overthrown Look inside to each his own
Do you trust what I trust? me myself and I Penetrate the smoke screen I see Through the selfish lie
Ganondox

20.06.2014 at 16:28
I only really like their stuff after Blood Mountain, I got into them from The Hunter, but I really really like their newer material. I'm really looking forward to their new album, love the riff and solo in this song.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]

Login or register to post here.