Metal Storm logo
2018 FIFA World Cup

05.12.2017 - 11:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
So soon its here, major sport event, even some games will be boring and meaningless, still we can not ignore it.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.12.2017 - 12:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I post how I think group will end
Group A: Uruguay, Russia/ Egypt, Saudi Arabia
I hope I am wrong and some one religion what are not connected whit Pope and Konstamntinapolis will be Nr 2.

B: Spain, Portugal/ Iran, Marocco
Shitas and sunnitas and neighbors in one group, gosh I hate when Esp and Por teats and nat teams play whit each other

C: France, Australia/ Denmark, Peru
Its hard to chose, I am not fan of France so much, but Denmark don't play so good ball game in last year, I hope Aus and Den goes out

D: Argentina, Iceland/ Croatian, Nigeria
Iceland is not surprise , but still it can do the trick I say draw and even win over Arg, because they don't know much about it

E: Brazil, Serbia / Suisse, Costa Rica
Boring group one team might driver over all

F: Germany, Swedem/Mexico, S Korea
Damn, dead group, all can beat all, but I hope panzer disvsion Germania will take over Moscow as true panzers didn't done 70 years ago, symbolic. I believe Sweden will do their best and hope Zlatan change his mind

G: Belgium, England/Tunisia, Panama
Boring group

H: Japan, Columbia/ Poland, Senegal
----

apos;'
[image]
08.01.2018 - 17:36
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
No Italy so sad cause of that,
but lets hope home team will go far
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
08.01.2018 - 20:04
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Every time someone spells Colombia as Columbia a cute bunny dies
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
08.01.2018 - 22:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by EddieGunner on 08.01.2018 at 17:36

No Italy so sad cause of that,
but lets hope home team will go far

Because they could not walk over Sweden in their not best team, its good Italy is out, more medeteranian teams be out better for North.
Home town team, I doubt so, it will be Germany , I dont believe FIFA will let home town win. I hope it will be a lot shit on streets and negative media coverage from Rus will spread over i net.
----

apos;'
[image]
11.06.2018 - 16:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Soon, soon, good its be in good time this year
----

apos;'
[image]
20.06.2018 - 18:21
Vombatus
Potorro
The greatest mystery in football history is how a team that doesn't play shit and is incapable of building a decent play manages to do very well. That's Portugal for you.

Happened during the Eurocup 2 years ago, and now it's slowly shaping up similarly. Deserved to lose against Spain and definitely didn't deserve to win against Morocco (a draw at best). Second half was particularly abysmal.
Would be too much of coincidence and luck if they win the whole tournament, but for some weird reason I think it could happen if they get favorable knock-out rivals.
20.06.2018 - 23:18
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Written by Vombatus on 20.06.2018 at 18:21

The greatest mystery in football history is how a team that doesn't play shit and is incapable of building a decent play manages to do very well. That's Portugal for you.

Fixed game maybe?
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
21.06.2018 - 08:48
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Vombatus on 20.06.2018 at 18:21

So you undermining great players like Anthony Lopes, Ronaldo, Pepe, Adrien Silva, William Carvalho, and certainly Andre Silva? or maybe you don't know about these players at all. Euro Cup 2016 champion defeated two-time winners France by 1-0 must possess something that took them to the podium to lift the Euro Cup.

Apparently, Spain lost against Portugal because that game belonged to Spain fair and square. It is remarkable Portugal vacuumed their playmaking letting Ronaldo do his job on forwarding line and boy, did he score a hat-trick.

I admit Portugal fails to deliver a massive win against Morocco, but what could have stopped them from winning a game by 3-0 or 4-0 is the tremendous performance by Morocco. What surprises me is performances of small teams like Russia, Morocco, Iran, and even Saudi Arabia who not only giving their hearts out but leaving an incredible impression on football fans. You may never know big cheques will draw towards new players from these countries to play for big clubs in the new season.

Coming back to Portugal, I still feel they are among one of the favorites to win the WC 2018.
21.06.2018 - 11:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
What a WC
Russia and Uruguay has szhity group, I hop Rus wont win nothing

B one, what a game Es vs Por, it was a killer game, one of best games for long in WC! really one, but then Spain struggled aganst Iran. we will see but I believe they will go out big ones

C between Den and Aus will be ecidet what goes home, I support Europe teams, then comes Europe culture nations as Ausie. its it don't care about Asia, Africa (did a bit about SA but its changed all there ) so that's why Den

D one what a game all in Arg are about messi, kick him out and Arg can win, because it was unacapted as Arg did not win Iceland, I hope Iceland goes out "

Suisse - Brazil hahahhaha Neymar was pissed, same as that nation, Suisse and Serbia goes out

Mexico surprised, now its harder for Swe we need points aganst Ger and kick Mexico out,

Poland lost aganst Senegal was shocking
----

apos;'
[image]
21.06.2018 - 15:19
Vombatus
Potorro
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 21.06.2018 at 08:48

So you undermining great players like Anthony Lopes, Ronaldo, Pepe, Adrien Silva, William Carvalho, and certainly Andre Silva? or maybe you don't know about these players at all. Euro Cup 2016 champion defeated two-time winners France by 1-0 must possess something that took them to the podium to lift the Euro Cup.

I didn't undermine any great player, quite on the contrary, I think Portugal has a good squad in terms of names. But that isn't exclusive of playing terribly and having that very odd streak of luck. More so when players that do well in their clubs (Bernardo Silva o Guedes, for example) did nothing during the first two matches. Commenting how bad they play yet yield above average results is a good thing for them, but bad for anyone expecting to see a decent game.

Clearly they rely on a mix of an inspired Ronaldo, luck and other teams failing rather than offering memorable football, and have done so since the previous Euro, hence my comment. Speaking of Euro, they were lucky on the knock-out stages where France, Germany, Italy, Spain (or even England, lol) were not on their side of the board (so they all had to play against each other until only one was left), not to mention that they ended third in their group (in the usual 16-team Euro format, they would have been out). In terms of quality play, both Croatia and France were leagues above them, yet lost.

There is nothing more frustrating than spending 90 minutes watching a mediocre match were the worst team doesn't lose (independently of personal preferences) and more importantly, rely on the other team failing rather than doing the effort to merit a win.

Quote:

I admit Portugal fails to deliver a massive win against Morocco, but what could have stopped them from winning a game by 3-0 or 4-0 is the tremendous performance by Morocco. What surprises me is performances of small teams like Russia, Morocco, Iran, and even Saudi Arabia who not only giving their hearts out but leaving an incredible impression on football fans. You may never know big cheques will draw towards new players from these countries to play for big clubs in the new season.

I'm not too surprised of some performances. Many "small" teams have quite a few players in competitive leagues, or leagues that are growing fast through easy money, and/or a foreign staff that understand the tactical side of football. Modern football is all about that... and defending, which happens to be much easier to do than playing a visually appealing football. Put 11 players behind the ball and even the most humble team can hold well enough against supposedly great teams (WC examples: Iceland the other day, or Iran yesterday).

It's effective, but a pain to watch. Probably why lots of these matches are boring af.
22.06.2018 - 18:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Argentina ghahhahahhaa all game and all dick is about and around Messi, leave him home and Arg can win. Players was searching him, remeber cry boy Ronaldo was out in EC final and Por won , because they need find new way and they had great players., if Ronaldo would play they would loose, it was just luck walk over Iceland and Croatia. Now same whit Messi , find new players, Maradona days are over

Brazil damn lucky bastards late goals, but I hope they wont go out.
----

apos;'
[image]
22.06.2018 - 18:56
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
My God, Nigeria vs Iceland is by far far far far far the worst match during a World Cup since ages.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.06.2018 - 10:30
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Croatia is through to the second round while 2nd spot might be mugged by Nigeria, as Argentina, is near the exit door. I'm anticipating another setback as Nigeria is in full throttle to beat Messi boys fair and square. Mexico will ensure that they beat Korea to qualify for the 2nd round as well, while the sword would drop on Germany if they fail to beat Sweden.
23.06.2018 - 10:34
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.06.2018 at 18:56

My God, Nigeria vs Iceland is by far far far far far the worst match during a World Cup since ages.

Why?

Musa's two goals were fabulous. 1st half was a little bit stretched, but the way Nigeria bounced back was amazing.
23.06.2018 - 13:43
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Bad English on 22.06.2018 at 18:26

Argentina ghahhahahhaa all game and all dick is about and around Messi, leave him home and Arg can win. Players was searching him, remeber cry boy Ronaldo was out in EC final and Por won , because they need find new way and they had great players., if Ronaldo would play they would loose, it was just luck walk over Iceland and Croatia. Now same whit Messi , find new players, Maradona days are over.

I don't know what you're talking about.

This is some serious derailment of a logic of excluding Messi and Ronaldo out from their respective teams. Considering the fact that Ronaldo scored a hat-trick, while Messi played brilliantly in wings so that Aguero and Meza takes a central forward position to score.
23.06.2018 - 20:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 23.06.2018 at 13:43

Written by Bad English on 22.06.2018 at 18:26

Argentina ghahhahahhaa all game and all dick is about and around Messi, leave him home and Arg can win. Players was searching him, remeber cry boy Ronaldo was out in EC final and Por won , because they need find new way and they had great players., if Ronaldo would play they would loose, it was just luck walk over Iceland and Croatia. Now same whit Messi , find new players, Maradona days are over.

I don't know what you're talking about.

This is some serious derailment of a logic of excluding Messi and Ronaldo out from their respective teams. Considering the fact that Ronaldo scored a hat-trick, while Messi played brilliantly in wings so that Aguero and Meza takes a central forward position to score.

They are reason why their nat teams loose, they play them selves, all there all about them selves. Take out Messi, Barca can win, take out Ronaldo real can win, but arg and por can not! They play as they are savers, but there are no plan B when they can not do shit. How many years Por struggled whit Ronaldo? Now he make hat trick yes, but it dont mean Por will win.

what a chances Korea waisted
----

apos;'
[image]
23.06.2018 - 21:38
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Even though Germany having 70% of possession, it does not matter as long as you convert it into goals. That's what Sweden just taught them.

I can see the exit door for Germany.
23.06.2018 - 22:06
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 23.06.2018 at 21:38

Even though Germany having 70% of possession, it does not matter as long as you convert it into goals. That's what Sweden just taught them.

I can see the exit door for Germany.

Even as a huge fanboy of Guardiola's and Cruijffs's tactics, I am starting to think that possession-based football is somewhat overrated. For one, that style (often called tiki taka by ppl who don't know much about football) is something that most teams or players aren't equipped to play, secondly, it is rather easy to counter by teams that know how to exploit space in the back and can move into a counter attack quickly. It's no accident that Guardiola can't win the CL without Messi and Busquets and even though it is also probably no coincidence that Spain and Germany won the WC while Guardiola was managing both country's biggest clubs (and thus the majority of their players, especially in midfield), possession- based football seems to be becoming outdated. Without EXTREMELY gifted players on each position (something that perhaps only France, Brazil and possibly Spain have), possession doesn't pay off nearly as often as it should.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
27.06.2018 - 13:58
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Apparently, Ever Banega took Argentina to Round of 16.
27.06.2018 - 15:31
Paz
Elite
Damn, we suck
27.06.2018 - 15:32
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Paz on 27.06.2018 at 15:31

Damn, we suck

At least you qualified for the WC, whereas we didn't.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

28.06.2018 - 08:41
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 27.06.2018 at 15:32

Written by Paz on 27.06.2018 at 15:31

Damn, we suck

At least you qualified for the WC, whereas we didn't.

LOL

From this equation, it looks like India will qualify for next World Cup.
28.06.2018 - 08:46
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Ok, so the equation comes down to this:

Belgium and England are tied in point, have an identical number of goals scored and conceded. The winner of this match will have to face the tougher route. It implies that tonight, they would be playing to lose rather than to win it?
28.06.2018 - 14:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 28.06.2018 at 08:46

Ok, so the equation comes down to this:

Belgium and England are tied in point, have an identical number of goals scored and conceded. The winner of this match will have to face the tougher route. It implies that tonight, they would be playing to lose rather than to win it?

good question
----

apos;'
[image]
28.06.2018 - 16:26
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos

The winner of this match will have to face the tougher route.

Don't they separate the games of the round of 16 like "first of a group x second of a group" exactly because they want to avoid battle for the loss?
The one who wins are matched against the second best and the one who loses is matched against the best, so it's still better to win.
----
- Reimu Hakurei
28.06.2018 - 23:49
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by Karlabos on 28.06.2018 at 16:26

Don't they separate the games of the round of 16 like "first of a group x second of a group" exactly because they want to avoid battle for the loss?
The one who wins are matched against the second best and the one who loses is matched against the best, so it's still better to win.

That is fine, but the dilemma here was different. The two teams from a group go to different sides of the cup table, and in this case the losing side was perceived as "easier" due to lack of teams that traditionally do well. If England beat Colombia they'll face either Sweden or Switzerland in the quarter-finals.
29.06.2018 - 08:15
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha

Did you see the result?

Belgium beating England go onto face Japan in Round of 16, whereas comparatively, England has to face Colombia which is far better side than Japan.
29.06.2018 - 14:37
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 29.06.2018 at 08:15

Did you see the result?

Belgium beating England go onto face Japan in Round of 16, whereas comparatively, England has to face Colombia which is far better side than Japan.

So... As I said. The winner got to face the easiest.
It was still worthy to win on Belgium's perspective
----
- Reimu Hakurei
29.06.2018 - 14:38
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Risto on 28.06.2018 at 23:49

That is fine, but the dilemma here was different. The two teams from a group go to different sides of the cup table, and in this case the losing side was perceived as "easier" due to lack of teams that traditionally do well. If England beat Colombia they'll face either Sweden or Switzerland in the quarter-finals.

Yeah but what happens after the round of 16 is way too far ahead haha.
Who knows who will be even on the cup until then?
----
- Reimu Hakurei