Metal Storm logo
3 Inches of Blood

Original post

Posted by Arian Totalis, 12.05.2007 - 04:41
These guys are one of the more unique power/heavy metal bands out there. They come from Canada, and have two vocalists, both of which are fairly shrill, but still bad ass. They have taught us that Axes of Evil makes our fate wrapped in Steel. Any other fans here?
21.04.2008 - 04:57
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Written by Guest on 19.04.2008 at 02:27

My band opened for these guys in like 06 with A Javelin Reign (also from Vancouver) and they were fucking awesome. Every member of the band was really cool and hung out with us after the show. They were also extremely loud and heavy.

Great! Surley they are amazing at the time of partying!
26.09.2008 - 18:47
EaTNaLiVe666
Account deleted
3 Inches of Blood is coming to my city on the 15th of october. I'm so excited I've liked these guys for quite a bit of time now and I can't wait to see them play live.
27.09.2008 - 05:43
thesabbathfan
i really want to see them live

there from my hometown too

maybe one day my band could open for them
----
27.09.2008 - 06:13
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Dangerboner on 12.05.2007 at 05:10

lol this band plays about once a week over here, but I have yet to see them. My friend burned me their album about 2 1/2 years ago or so and I thought it was alright, but I haven't listened to them in about a year. Their new album is coming out soon (if I'm thinking correctly), but I doubt I will buy it.

Lol, yeah they play about that often over here as well. I can't get into them, I don't mind the vocalist whose trying to sound like Halford in 'Painkiller' but I can't stand that short-haired metalcore screaming guy. Luckily when I saw them at Monsters Of Rock that screaming fellow wasn't there, if they consider getting rid of that guy permanently then I'd probably be able to get into them.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
27.09.2008 - 06:18
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Doc G. on 27.09.2008 at 06:13

lol this band plays about once a week over here, but I have yet to see them. My friend burned me their album about 2 1/2 years ago or so and I thought it was alright, but I haven't listened to them in about a year. Their new album is coming out soon (if I'm thinking correctly), but I doubt I will buy it.

Lol, yeah they play about that often over here as well. I can't get into them, I don't mind the vocalist whose trying to sound like Halford in 'Painkiller' but I can't stand that short-haired metalcore screaming guy. Luckily when I saw them at Monsters Of Rock that screaming fellow wasn't there, if they consider getting rid of that guy permanently then I'd probably be able to get into them.

the only painkiller cover i consider remotely worthy of consideration is Death's. Angra's was really thin and while it wasnt necessarily poorly executed, the sound didnt compare to the original version in any regard.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
27.09.2008 - 06:24
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by LeChron James on 27.09.2008 at 06:18

the only painkiller cover i consider remotely worthy of consideration is Death's. Angra's was really thin and while it wasnt necessarily poorly executed, the sound didnt compare to the original version in any regard.

Im not sure if 3 Inches covered it, but one vocalist (they have 2 vocalists) sounds quite a bit like Halford in Painkiller.
----
- George Carlin
27.09.2008 - 06:30
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Doc G. on 27.09.2008 at 06:24

Im not sure if 3 Inches covered it, but one vocalist (they have 2 vocalists) sounds quite a bit like Halford in Painkiller.

if he sounds like Halford naturally, he should get his own band together and make himself a power of melodic vocals like Daniel Heiman of Lost Horizon. he is a savage when it comes to vocal power. the singer of 3 inches of blood is doing himself a disservice because his vocal potential is not being utilized properly. but that is only if he sounds like Halford without the studio sweetening.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
27.09.2008 - 06:45
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by LeChron James on 27.09.2008 at 06:30

if he sounds like Halford naturally, he should get his own band together and make himself a power of melodic vocals like Daniel Heiman of Lost Horizon. he is a savage when it comes to vocal power. the singer of 3 inches of blood is doing himself a disservice because his vocal potential is not being utilized properly. but that is only if he sounds like Halford without the studio sweetening.

No I've seen him live, hes got some good vocals. 3 Inches Of Blood has got some good riffs, they just really need to cut out the metalcore elements in their music to become a solid metal name.
----
- George Carlin
27.09.2008 - 07:46
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Doc G. on 27.09.2008 at 06:45

Written by LeChron James on 27.09.2008 at 06:30

No I've seen him live, hes got some good vocals. 3 Inches Of Blood has got some good riffs, they just really need to cut out the metalcore elements in their music to become a solid metal name.

thats fuckin sick if he sounds like Halford live. like you said, if hes good live, he should get his own shit together and start something with his melodic powers.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

01.10.2008 - 01:14
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
So long story short, 3 Inches Of Blood are pretty decent I guess, I've been strongly considering purchasing one of their albums soon. If they were to perhaps stick with only Cam Pipes as their vocalist I would definitely have a much higher interest in them, dont like that shrieking from that Jamie Hooper guy.
----
- George Carlin
04.10.2008 - 18:17
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
I was really into them sometime ago but i was so disappointed when i went to see them live. The organisation was so incompetent that we had to wait 5 hours to see the first band play (3 Inches Of Blood) and then they played 3 songs with an awful sound, depressive...The same happened with Exodus. Oh well...
Also the metalcore singer didn't show up, so the guitar player did the vocals. Their strong point is definitely Cam Pipes, great voice.
04.10.2008 - 18:56
Branzig
My first experience with 3 Inches Of Blood was when they were opening for GWAR. I was pleasantly surprised. They reminded me of a thrashier Mercyful Fate. I've seen them live about three times since then and their show hasn't let me down. Always fun, good energy.
----
In Grind We Crust
04.10.2008 - 19:05
Dragonforce89
Account deleted
Pretty good band, but for some reason the singer sounds like he from X-Factor Bfrom Chicken Factory and thats annoying.
04.10.2008 - 19:06
Valentin B
Iconoclast

man, if they covered it and the metalcore guy utters ONE line in it, i'm gonna send you some money to buy a gun and kill him.
04.10.2008 - 20:39
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Valentin B on 04.10.2008 at 19:06

man, if they covered it and the metalcore guy utters ONE line in it, i'm gonna send you some money to buy a gun and kill him.

hey, I like Jamie Hooper. All the same, no, they haven't to my knowledge covered it. I think all they were getting at is that Cam Pipes sounds like a painkiller era Halford.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
29.10.2008 - 04:17
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Arian Totalis on 04.10.2008 at 20:39

hey, I like Jamie Hooper. All the same, no, they haven't to my knowledge covered it. I think all they were getting at is that Cam Pipes sounds like a painkiller era Halford.

Indeed. Though a Painkiller cover would be neat. Its a weird journey I have with this band, I used to hate them, then I thought they just had a few good moments, at this point I'm even starting to appreciate Hoopers screams a little bit. I'm wearing a 3IOB t-shirt right now that I got at their show on sunday night.

Speaking of that show, it was great. Some shit hole local Trivium wannabe band (YES, some band actually WANTS to be like Trivium) was opening, which gave me a good few minutes to get plowed. Then Evile came on and stole the show. 3 Inches was good but I think the guy on the sound board was deaf or had a personal grudge against the band, because 90% of the time you couldn't even hear Cam Pipes, even after he asked him to turn the mic up like 3 times (but I'm not surprised, this bar tends to have shit sound a lot). They still performed well, got a setlist which is cool I guess...feels kind of weird considering some of my friends are friends with the band, but whatever. In the mosh pit I think I may have broken some guys ribs as a bonus. Then some weird russian guy started trying to stab some other dude with a broken beer bottle, it was exciting. It seems Jamie isn't back from hiatus yet so the guitarist is still doing the harsh vocals....same way it was at monsters of rock...
----
- George Carlin
18.11.2008 - 10:41
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff

Funny thing is, I've been listening to them non-stop for the past few weeks, and I've actually grown quite fond of the harsh vocals now.

Also, I've been reading through this thread and it makes me laugh seeing how many people are saying they wish they could see them live, seeing as they tour here like 3-5 times a year so its no big deal attending a 3 Inches show.

Written by Arian Totalis on 12.05.2007 at 18:08

Yeah they actually had an album released before they released advance and Vanquish called "Battle Cry Under a winter sun" I havn't had the pleasure to hear it, but that's origionally where the song "Destroy the orcs" Came from.

Have you got it yet? I bought it yesterday and its pretty decent for a debut, though the improvements they made with Advance And Vanquish are astronomical. Though I think I prefer the original version of 'Destroy The Orcs', probably because its a fairly simple song to begin with, so it matches the the more raw smaller sound they had at the time.
----
- George Carlin
18.11.2008 - 14:33
Eeric
Account deleted
Not a fan, but great band!! I like to think that musically it's 2000 century's mercyful fate
22.11.2008 - 20:27
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Doc G. on 18.11.2008 at 10:41

Funny thing is, I've been listening to them non-stop for the past few weeks, and I've actually grown quite fond of the harsh vocals now.

Also, I've been reading through this thread and it makes me laugh seeing how many people are saying they wish they could see them live, seeing as they tour here like 3-5 times a year so its no big deal attending a 3 Inches show.

Written by Arian Totalis on 12.05.2007 at 18:08

Yeah they actually had an album released before they released advance and Vanquish called "Battle Cry Under a winter sun" I havn't had the pleasure to hear it, but that's origionally where the song "Destroy the orcs" Came from.

Have you got it yet? I bought it yesterday and its pretty decent for a debut, though the improvements they made with Advance And Vanquish are astronomical. Though I think I prefer the original version of 'Destroy The Orcs', probably because its a fairly simple song to begin with, so it matches the the more raw smaller sound they had at the time.

No, I still don't have it. lol. But I uess I could see about getting it today, because it SI my birthday, lol....
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

24.11.2008 - 15:21
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Doc G. on 18.11.2008 at 10:41

Though I think I prefer the original version of 'Destroy The Orcs', probably because its a fairly simple song to begin with, so it matches the the more raw smaller sound they had at the time.

i like the 2004 version much better, the first one lacks the BALLS and it's not COMPLETELY OVER THE TOP INSANE like the newer one
24.11.2008 - 15:30
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Also, i've just found this hilarious vid some dudes did for a school project. you all know this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=899bpWOtJ7w
25.11.2008 - 04:34
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Valentin B on 24.11.2008 at 15:30

Also, i've just found this hilarious vid some dudes did for a school project. you all know this one

I.....i'm afraid I don't get it. lol
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

25.11.2008 - 07:45
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Arian Totalis on 25.11.2008 at 04:34

they had to make a song-themed home video for their english class. the teacher said they should do some kind of folk/country ballad but they decided to use Destroy The Orcs by you-know-who and make a Conan-like video don't ask if they passed the test or not, though i don't think they did
25.11.2008 - 10:02
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Valentin B on 25.11.2008 at 07:45

they had to make a song-themed home video for their english class. the teacher said they should do some kind of folk/country ballad but they decided to use Destroy The Orcs by you-know-who and make a Conan-like video don't ask if they passed the test or not, though i don't think they did

I was gonna say I really hoped the teacher failed them, they didn't even put any effort towards costumes or anything...
----
- George Carlin
25.11.2008 - 12:46
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Doc G. on 25.11.2008 at 10:02

Written by Valentin B on 25.11.2008 at 07:45

I was gonna say I really hoped the teacher failed them, they didn't even put any effort towards costumes or anything...

the bit when they tie up the girl and put her in the car is hilarious though
26.11.2008 - 01:26
Luciferion
Not to break up your quote fest here, but geting back to the Original Topic.

Never really heard 3inches till i saw them open, can't remember for who (obviously no one i cared about since I'm usally good at this), but they were definetly the highlight of the night, since then i have seen them twice more locally(headlining once) and once at Monsters of Rock. May not be my favourite, or a band I listen to much of, Studio wise, but when they coem to town, I always make sure to get tickets.
----
Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is, and I am the wolf that hunts you.
26.11.2008 - 06:32
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Luciferion on 26.11.2008 at 01:26

Never really heard 3inches till i saw them open, can't remember for who (obviously no one i cared about since I'm usally good at this), but they were definetly the highlight of the night, since then i have seen them twice more locally(headlining once) and once at Monsters of Rock. May not be my favourite, or a band I listen to much of, Studio wise, but when they coem to town, I always make sure to get tickets.

Yeah I noticed your from Edmonton, yeah I was at Monsters Of Rock myself. Thats the show that got me into them, I used to hate them but the MoR performance was too awesome for me to ignore them anymore.
----
- George Carlin
26.11.2008 - 22:55
Luciferion
Written by Doc G. on 26.11.2008 at 06:32

Yeah I noticed your from Edmonton, yeah I was at Monsters Of Rock myself. Thats the show that got me into them, I used to hate them but the MoR performance was too awesome for me to ignore them anymore.

It definetly was an awesome show. I really enjoyed the majority of the line-up (not the line-ups.. holy shiet did u see the beer on the floor line), except Serj... But other then him i can't name another band i did not like. (i arrived just as 3inches started[Which was definetly a wicked performance], so maybe i missed any other sub-par bands [?])
----
27.11.2008 - 01:14
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Luciferion on 26.11.2008 at 22:55

It definetly was an awesome show. I really enjoyed the majority of the line-up (not the line-ups.. holy shiet did u see the beer on the floor line), except Serj... But other then him i can't name another band i did not like. (i arrived just as 3inches started[Which was definetly a wicked performance], so maybe i missed any other sub-par bands [?])

Nope, pretty much all the other bands were great. Except Hatebreed, that shit just never seemed to end, which is bad considering every song sounded the same. Shadows Fall was almost equally as crappy. Cavalera Conspiracy was a pleasant surprise for me, they put on an awesome show. And your right, Serj was terrible, his stage banter went completely over th crowds head, and his music was a complete fucking mess. Oddly enough the Calgary Herald said Serj was the highlight of the festival, then again, the Calgary Herald is completely wrong about everything when they are reviewing anything to do with metal (to an angering extent), I really wish they'd fire that asshole who does the reviews.
----
- George Carlin
27.11.2008 - 01:21
Luciferion
Written by Doc G. on 27.11.2008 at 01:14

Written by Luciferion on 26.11.2008 at 22:55

Nope, pretty much all the other bands were great. Except Hatebreed, that shit just never seemed to end, which is bad considering every song sounded the same. Shadows Fall was almost equally as crappy. Cavalera Conspiracy was a pleasant surprise for me, they put on an awesome show. And your right, Serj was terrible, his stage banter went completely over th crowds head, and his music was a complete fucking mess. Oddly enough the Calgary Herald said Serj was the highlight of the festival, then again, the Calgary Herald is completely wrong about everything when they are reviewing anything to do with metal (to an angering extent), I really wish they'd fire that asshole who does the reviews.

Hahah, gotta love newspaper reviewers, jsut love the fact that the majority of them have no idea what the bands theya re going to are like, and then just state whatever band ppl recognize was the highlight so that everyone is all "oh right i now him".

And shadows fall!! i thought they did good (even though im super biased cause for soem reason i really enjoy them heh). But for sure Cavelera was good. I had heard there stuff beforehand, and was lukewarm to them, but their showing sure helped there stock
----