Metal Storm logo
3 Inches of Blood

Original post

Posted by Arian Totalis, 12.05.2007 - 04:41
These guys are one of the more unique power/heavy metal bands out there. They come from Canada, and have two vocalists, both of which are fairly shrill, but still bad ass. They have taught us that Axes of Evil makes our fate wrapped in Steel. Any other fans here?
01.05.2009 - 04:09
Gigginova
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 01.05.2009 at 03:41

Written by Guest on 01.05.2009 at 03:26

well though the music may be different, they would tour with such bands as Lamb Of God, so people see them as the same stature.

Well I'm talking fame-wise. 3 Inches aren't exactly a sold-out-arena-show type band, you'd think a big company like Nike would go for a band thats far more popular.

oh yeah, I see your point.
hmmm the article says that there were athletes who were metal-obcessed. I'm curious to know who that was.
01.05.2009 - 07:38
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Yeah. The primary goal of any corporation is profit, so they logically would do what is most profitable, IE make a lil wayne shoe or some shit. It really is odd that they chose 3IOB
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
01.05.2009 - 09:34
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Arian Totalis on 01.05.2009 at 07:38

Yeah. The primary goal of any corporation is profit, so they logically would do what is most profitable, IE make a lil wayne shoe or some shit. It really is odd that they chose 3IOB

Yeah seriously. At first I thought "Oh cool, 3 Inches is getting their own shoe" (I really don't give a shit about all this corporate sell-out BS as long as the music stays good and that type of stuff isn't the main goal), but then when you really think about it seriously, it doesn't make a lot of sense....financially speaking for the Nike company.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
22.07.2009 - 00:55
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
What does everyone think of the new song they have up?

Personally something about it sounds somewhat weak to me. I mean, its still good and I'm really digging the growls, but it seems to lack the punch that Fire Up The Blades had. I'm hoping thats one of the weaker tracks, because if thats merely one of the fillers, the album should be pretty fucking strong.
----
- George Carlin
22.07.2009 - 05:46
Derwood
These guys are in my neck of the woods this weekend. Are they worth checking out?
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
22.07.2009 - 11:04
Eeric
Account deleted
Written by Derwood on 22.07.2009 at 05:46

These guys are in my neck of the woods this weekend. Are they worth checking out?

Totally, you should check them out
22.07.2009 - 11:57
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Doc G. on 22.07.2009 at 00:55

Personally something about it sounds somewhat weak to me. I mean, its still good and I'm really digging the growls, but it seems to lack the punch that Fire Up The Blades had. I'm hoping thats one of the weaker tracks, because if thats merely one of the fillers, the album should be pretty fucking strong.

hah, i find the song really good, the riffs are as aggressive as ever and the vocals... also i love the solo, i hear a bit of slight Pantera and Metallica influences on it

i like it, the production could be a whole lot better though. sadly not as over the top as Advance and Vanquish stuff.

holyshitomgwtf on half of the tour dates on their current USA tour they're supporting for In Flames, what an awesome combo.
22.07.2009 - 17:09
MeloDeathViking
Written by Valentin B on 22.07.2009 at 11:57

Written by Doc G. on 22.07.2009 at 00:55

hah, i find the song really good, the riffs are as aggressive as ever and the vocals... also i love the solo, i hear a bit of slight Pantera and Metallica influences on it

i like it, the production could be a whole lot better though. sadly not as over the top as Advance and Vanquish stuff.

holyshitomgwtf on half of the tour dates on their current USA tour they're supporting for In Flames, what an awesome combo.

I've never gotten to hear an album from these guys, but I hear really good things. I defnitly want to see that tour, because if they really are as good as I've heard, it should be awesome. In Flames, Between the Buried and Me 3 Inches of Blood and The Faceless, it sounds like its going to be epic!
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
23.07.2009 - 11:18
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff

the production could be a whole lot better though. sadly not as over the top as Advance and Vanquish stuff.

That might be the problem I think. Fire Up The Blades had a really chunky, heavy production. This sounds more stripped down, which doesn't exactly do justice to the 3 Inches sound.
----
- George Carlin
23.07.2009 - 11:29
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Doc G. on 23.07.2009 at 11:18

the production could be a whole lot better though. sadly not as over the top as Advance and Vanquish stuff.

That might be the problem I think. Fire Up The Blades had a really chunky, heavy production. This sounds more stripped down, which doesn't exactly do justice to the 3 Inches sound.

yeah it reminds me of Battlecry, which i find to have a really weak production.. also Iced Earth's Overture of the Wicked EP has the exact same problem... the moral of the story is i guess not to strip down the sound when you have great vocalists like the guys at 3IoB or Ripper.
23.07.2009 - 11:38
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Valentin B on 23.07.2009 at 11:29

yeah it reminds me of Battlecry, which i find to have a really weak production.. also Iced Earth's Overture of the Wicked EP has the exact same problem... the moral of the story is i guess not to strip down the sound when you have great vocalists like the guys at 3IoB or Ripper.

Pretty much. But lets also keep in mind its through a myspace player, not exactly the best place to make judgements. That and its only 1 song, perhaps the rest of the album is going to be bullshit awesome. It wouldn't surprise me, just take a listen to other albums Jack Endino has produced:
Toxic Holocaust - An Overdose Of Death...
High On Fire - Death Is This Communion
Black Halos - Alive Without Control

....Well, those are the only 3 I can name off hand, but all 3 had great, thick production.
----
- George Carlin
23.07.2009 - 12:06
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Doc G. on 23.07.2009 at 11:38

Written by Valentin B on 23.07.2009 at 11:29

Pretty much. But lets also keep in mind its through a myspace player, not exactly the best place to make judgements. That and its only 1 song, perhaps the rest of the album is going to be bullshit awesome. It wouldn't surprise me, just take a listen to other albums Jack Endino has produced:
Toxic Holocaust - An Overdose Of Death...
High On Fire - Death Is This Communion
Black Halos - Alive Without Control

....Well, those are the only 3 I can name off hand, but all 3 had great, thick production.

gonna try and check out some of these albums, if the sound is as over the top as on Advance and Vanquish(which i find to be vastly superior to Fire up the Blades) i'll be a happy man, all that meaty modern razory guitar sound with the clearly audible drums and the piercing shriek vocals and the buzzsaw hardcore vocals on top.... excellent..
23.07.2009 - 12:12
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Valentin B on 23.07.2009 at 12:06

gonna try and check out some of these albums, if the sound is as over the top as on Advance and Vanquish(which i find to be vastly superior to Fire up the Blades) i'll be a happy man, all that meaty modern razory guitar sound with the clearly audible drums and the piercing shriek vocals and the buzzsaw hardcore vocals on top.... excellent..

The hardcore/metalcore vocals are out now, Justin Hagberg is doing death growls. Those albums don't really have an over-the-top sound, but the production is just 100% solid force.
----
- George Carlin
23.07.2009 - 12:21
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Doc G. on 23.07.2009 at 12:12

Written by Valentin B on 23.07.2009 at 12:06

The hardcore/metalcore vocals are out now, Justin Hagberg is doing death growls. Those albums don't really have an over-the-top sound, but the production is just 100% solid force.

shit what a shame, didn't even notice it on the myspace.. i liked Hooper's vocals, like i said a few pages back, this is the 3IoB i like, and i wouldn't have swapped him for anyone else.. still it might be interesting to hear the balance between death growls and halford screams
23.07.2009 - 12:27
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Valentin B on 23.07.2009 at 12:21

shit what a shame, didn't even notice it on the myspace.. i liked Hooper's vocals, like i said a few pages back, this is the 3IoB i like, and i wouldn't have swapped him for anyone else.. still it might be interesting to hear the balance between death growls and halford screams

Yeah, its going to be hard getting accustomed to the Hooper-less sound. I'm glad they kept some form of harsh vocals in there though, and I'm glad they didn't just hire some new guy to try and replicate Hooper's screams.
----
- George Carlin
25.07.2009 - 10:38
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Agreed %100
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

16.08.2009 - 03:09
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Taken from a 3 Inches Of Blood facebook update:
Quote:
We're doing a video shoot for our song 'Battles and Brotherhood' on August 29 at night from dusk til dawn.
Location hasn't been determined yet, but it'll probably be in Ladner.
Basically the video will consist of a large group of barbarians feasting, fighting and generally being warrior bros.
There will be pro stunt people doing all the fight scenes, so your job will to be an extra in the video. We just want lots of people to fill the scene. The more the merrier.

If I get some money in time I think I might take a 9 hour road trip and partake....
----
- George Carlin
24.08.2009 - 18:35
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Damn, wish I could take a road trip now. It would be prety awsome to get to be in a video...
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

24.08.2009 - 18:40
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Hahahahahahahahahha that is so awesome!! what a great chance of meeting the dudes at 3IoB and being in their video... i'd totally ask them what's with the Nike shoe if i ever meet them lol
24.08.2009 - 21:11
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Unfortunately it doesn't look like I'm going to have any money in time. New song is up though...sounds kind of weak tbh.
----
- George Carlin
04.09.2009 - 06:06
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Anyone pick up the new album/tell me how it is?....Not released for another 5 days here...
----
- George Carlin
04.09.2009 - 10:08
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Doc G. on 04.09.2009 at 06:06

Anyone pick up the new album/tell me how it is?....Not released for another 5 days here...

it's released already? i'm gonna get hold of it through questionable means today.
04.09.2009 - 12:03
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Valentin B on 04.09.2009 at 10:08

it's released already? i'm gonna get hold of it through questionable means today.

Yes, it should be out in Europe.
If you mean downloading, I'm going to cut off my own hand, make it spring-loaded, then mail it to you. Those would be lengths to which I'd go to to have you slapped. Seriously man, just show a little support and buy it, it can't be that much, and we both know a 3 Inches album would be worth it.
----
- George Carlin
04.09.2009 - 16:47
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Doc G. on 04.09.2009 at 12:03

If you mean downloading, I'm going to cut off my own hand, make it spring-loaded, then mail it to you. Those would be lengths to which I'd go to to have you slapped. Seriously man, just show a little support and buy it, it can't be that much, and we both know a 3 Inches album would be worth it.

lol no need to go so over the top, a virtual slap would be enough haha

thing is, i'm almost completely broke right now, i only have the equivalent of like 0.3 dollars left, and i don't even know if i could get it around here, gonna search for some distro's now.

edit: nope, no distro's with any 3 inches of blood albums..
04.09.2009 - 19:22
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Valentin B on 04.09.2009 at 16:47

Written by Doc G. on 04.09.2009 at 12:03

lol no need to go so over the top, a virtual slap would be enough haha

thing is, i'm almost completely broke right now, i only have the equivalent of like 0.3 dollars left, and i don't even know if i could get it around here, gonna search for some distro's now.

edit: nope, no distro's with any 3 inches of blood albums..

Hmmm...odd, 3 Inches albums can usually be found everywhere here...guess its because they're fairly local.
----
- George Carlin
18.09.2009 - 06:59
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Well boys and girls, if you haven't seen yet my interview with Cam Pipes & Shane Clark is now posted:

http://www.metalstorm.ee/pub/interview.php?interview_id=536

Enjoy!
----
- George Carlin
14.10.2009 - 08:43
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Doc G. on 18.09.2009 at 06:59

Well boys and girls, if you haven't seen yet my interview with Cam Pipes & Shane Clark is now posted:

Enjoy!

congradulations man. read the review. It was pretty nice. Must have made you feel great to sit down and speak to these guys in person.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

14.10.2009 - 08:46
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Arian Totalis on 14.10.2009 at 08:43

Written by Doc G. on 18.09.2009 at 06:59

Enjoy!

congradulations man. read the review. It was pretty nice. Must have made you feel great to sit down and speak to these guys in person.

It was very nice. Nice guys too, they were very serious and didn't joke around too much though (which surprised me considering the humour in their music). Either way they gave me a good interview and sat down with me for a good half an hour or so. It was great.
----
- George Carlin
14.10.2009 - 08:48
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Lol, yeah, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little envious lol.
All the same though, keep it up.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

23.04.2011 - 04:33
wormdrink414
Elite
They're going to be making a tour film in the upcoming months. Pretty excite:

http://www.indiegogo.com/3-Inches-Of-Blood-Tour-Film