Metal Storm logo
Songs You're Currently Learning To Play

Original post

Posted by Lord TJ, 25.05.2007 - 20:25
So what song[s] are you learning to play? Why do you choose that song to play? How easy/hard is it for you?

Im currently learning Crystal Mountain by Death. Its intermediate for me, I gotta keep up with speed and its helping my finger speed.
10.10.2011 - 22:47
Don Martin
le fu-
Just learned Mussolini Mosh by Gama Bomb. Easy as shit, if you're good at fingerpicking

----
What a tackastrophe!
05.12.2011 - 05:52
Void Eater
Account deleted
Manowar's Heart Of Steel, via doing exactly what this guy does.

Got the intro, first verse, and chorus almost down.
16.12.2011 - 03:48
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Paranoid, by bs. simple as hell, sounds better with fingers, but i like using a pick better.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
30.12.2011 - 18:52
NLthrasher
Cemetery Gates by Pantera and Trust by Megadeth
on Bass
03.01.2012 - 07:50
Misfit74
The Light, The Hate by Blood Red Throne

Also working on/learning parts of:

Strategy Of Attrition and Ordered Eastward by Hail Of Bullets

6-string and 7-string guitar.
24.02.2012 - 22:11
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I've been writing my own stuff recently.

Oh In school I played Hot Cross Buns in band class...

----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
09.03.2012 - 06:12
Thrash83
Well I'm working on Deathamphetamine by Exodus along with Powersurge by Overkill on bass, which is pretty simplistic, I'm just trying to train my fingers to play through the entire song on time. Deathamphetamine, being the 8 and a half minute super heavy thrasher that it is, is something I'm taking slower than Powersurge.
05.05.2012 - 09:16
Hylia
Lunar Poetry by Nokturnal Mortum, its challenging because I dont usually do solos. Its easy for me, until the solo :/
18.09.2012 - 17:32
Sangre Sani
I just learnt To Live Is To Die by Metallica and When a Blind Man Cries by Deep Purple.

Currently I'm trying to learn Dyers Eve and One solo. Hard as fuck.
19.09.2012 - 06:10
Anarchy2012
I'm currently learning Rock and Roll by Led Zeppelin and Highway Star by Deep Purple for my band. Two simple and fun songs.
----
Im not racist. I hate everyone regardless of other issues.
28.09.2012 - 15:44
Glaucus
Currently attempting to learn Wayfaerer by In Flames. Reason being, I always liked the song, and felt that it had an interesting groove rhythmically. The picking required from the tabs I find are unintuitive to me, so I believe that will help in my playing overall.

Plus, it's damn fun.
----
"Pretty easy work, for a God." - Freya ~ Valkyrie Profile
29.09.2012 - 15:03
Sangre Sani
Solo to The God That Failed is really fun to play and not so hard to learn!:D
23.11.2012 - 16:53
ANGEL REAPER
That theme song from Last of the Mohichans film called the "The Gael" ... not so hard but challenging for me....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
24.11.2012 - 14:06
BudDa
Elite
I am currently learning Anthem by Rush on bass. I have been listening to them alot more these days and decided to make Geddy Lee the focus of my bass playing and learning
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
25.11.2012 - 22:42
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Been playing a ton of grunge lately. It's easy and super fun to play. Too bad my guitar is two steps down and it sounds funky haha
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
28.11.2012 - 05:04
Crystal Mountain - Death

getting my finger speed back up to what it used to be after a long absence is killing me! I got most of it down aside from the solo. I have such a hard time with trying to slow it down in my head and get it to sound right...with all solos really...
28.11.2012 - 16:57
Malphas
Lol what a coincidence, i just recently learned crystal mountain (on bass)

i'm currently preoccupied with college, but in the next break i get, i planned to learn the whole sound of perseverance album, which should be pretty fun xD
----
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
15.12.2012 - 17:27
Sangre Sani
I'm learning to sing and play at the same time now... Tough thing.
Currently I'm taking easy songs like For Whom The Bell Tolls, Seek and Destroy and Whiplash (all by Metallica) which I can play with my eyes closed and have easy riffs under vocals.

Anyone have some ideas of songs I should excercise this ability on?
02.01.2013 - 07:06
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Sangre Sani on 15.12.2012 at 17:27

Currently I'm taking easy songs like For Whom The Bell Tolls, Seek and Destroy and Whiplash (all by Metallica) which I can play with my eyes closed and have easy riffs under vocals.

I've tried this a few times and nearly died. Too much for my brain to handle. I'd try Black Sabbath easy stuff to play and who does love to sing along to Paranoid or Faires Wear Boots?

Oh, and I ran through In-a-gadda-de-vida today, guitar and bass. Kinda want to record a full cover of it, but I'd need an organ to do That
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
02.01.2013 - 08:18
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Written by Sangre Sani on 15.12.2012 at 17:27

No but if you receive any good tips, I'd love to know as well. I've got a band together but we've got no vocalist. I'm on drums and I decided to try and take on vocals as well but then my drumming goes to sh*t. I need all my brain capacity just to drum - nothing left for singing.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
04.02.2013 - 10:58
Sunioj
Just learned Goetter der Nordens and Baptized in Fire by Demonical. Next up is Dead Congregation - Hostis Humani Generis and Vanishing Faith (I always like choosing two songs from a band to get a better feel for their music).
06.02.2013 - 15:03
Jtbmetal123
Im learning Six Feet Under - One Bullet left.
11.02.2013 - 16:25
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Gotta start learning Motorhead's Sacrifice for a Motorhead tribute CD that we will releasing soon with some other metal bands from the subcontinent.
Should be fun
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
27.03.2013 - 15:10
Jtbmetal123
I'm learning six feet Under's warpath album on bass and vocals.
31.03.2013 - 13:41
Sunioj
Working on melodic dm right now, picked a handful of songs to practice regularly - Dark Tranquility - The New Build, Through Smudged Lens, Nightrage - Feeling Nothing, Descent into Chaos and Kalmah - Bird of Ill Omen, Heroes to Us.
28.04.2013 - 21:00
Sangre Sani
Battery
31.05.2013 - 21:24
LICH
Black Magic Woman. also im trying to upskill on multiple techniques but im taking it slow and moving up.
04.06.2013 - 11:39
Sunioj
Suck My Kiss and Power of Equality by RHCP. Much easier than I expected.
05.06.2013 - 14:24
bmajoros
Not still learning to play it, but just finished recording my cover version -- Pull Me Under:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVRu-lYAQCg

Been wanting to do that song for about 20 years
01.10.2013 - 19:43
Wukk
Release by Anathema, on guitar. I'm a complete beginner and this is my first full song. It's great fun.
----
If you're 666 then I'm 777
http://www.last.fm/user/Joodicator