Metal Storm logo
Massacre

08.06.2007 - 19:24
Cut-Throat
anyone into the Florida Death Metal band? formed by Allen West (obituary) but eventually became Kam Lee, Rick Rozz, Pete Sison, Syrus Peters and recorded "From Beyond" in 1991 which in my opinion is a masterpiece. however I have been told to avoid the album "promise" from 1996 as it is terrible!
08.06.2007 - 21:15
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
yes yes this band is great. I own From Beyond and was actually surprised to hear how good it is. Yeah, they have Allen West and shit so I knew it wouldn't be bad, but he actually didn't play on From Beyond, I believe. Anyways, they should have stuck together and not have joined Six Feet Under.
09.06.2007 - 23:32
I can't say I've heard much from them, but I liked what I have heard.
It is strange that reviews either call From Beyond an essential classic in every death metal collection or boring and generic death metal.
12.06.2007 - 06:13
Mega-Slayer
I have been told it's a classic and generic, so who knows. I think it is pretty much death part 2, cuz I thought "From Beyond" featured Kam Lee, Terry Butler, Bill Andrews and Rick Rozz.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
12.06.2007 - 22:19
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
From Beyond is neither a classic nor a generic album. Songs 1-7 are fantastic groovy death metal, but the last two songs plus the EP that is attached to it sucks. If I could compare that album to other bands, I would say it's a mix between Entombed's Left Hand Path and Disincarnate's Dreams of the Carrion Kind.
13.06.2007 - 01:42
Cut-Throat
Written by Mega-Slayer on 12.06.2007 at 06:13

I have been told it's a classiac and generic, so who knows. I think it is pretty much death part 2, cuz I thought "From Beyond" featured Kam Lee, Terry Butler, Bill Andrews and Rick Rozz.

yeh your right. my mistake. i got the line up from the 2nd album by mistake but your right that was the lineup for "from beyond"

in my personal opinion the vocals from "from beyond" are very much the same as barney greenway's on the napalm death album "harmony corruption".
13.06.2007 - 05:05
Mega-Slayer
^^^ The albums you guys mentioned, I own and enjoy alot, and Barney's vocals are pretty much the highlight of "Harmony Corruption" for me. So I should probably get it soon.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
14.10.2007 - 01:54
Cut-Throat
www.massacre-tour2007.com

Massacre (US) - 2007

- Kam Lee vocals (Massacre, Death)
- Terry Buttler bass (Massacre, Six Feet Under, Death)
- Steve Swanson guitar (Massacre, Six Feet Under)
- Sam Williams guitar (Down by Law, Pseudo Heroes)
- Curt Beeson drums (Nasty Savage)

This tour will never happen again and so it's the last chance to see Massacre on stage.
It will be the first and last reunion of "MASSACRE".
09.11.2007 - 18:26
Fucked Upstairs.
Account deleted
Well, they are very influential, no doubt about that, but I do think that they are very overrated. I mean, From Beyond has some good riifs, good drumwork and some heavy basslines, but seriously, it's nothing special, and I know that Kam Lee is credited for being one of the first, if not the first, person to use the death growls, but he's not really a good growler. Though, they're classic, and their debut album is a must hear for all death metal fans. Saw them live couple of days ago and I must say, they're far better live than on cd. So glad that I could see these legends live, for the very last time.
19.01.2008 - 19:36
I bought From Beyond at the same time as Breeding the Spawn and love it. Though it is different than Monstrosity's Millenium, I bought both albums because I liked what little I had heard, but did not expect much. But similar to Millenium, From Beyond is an underrated must-have album which is surprisingly catchy without getting old after two listens. This was my first encounter with Kam Lee, and he kicks ass, while I found Rick Rozz to be the high point of Death's Leprosy album, so naturally, his work on From Beyond is excellent IMO.
01.02.2008 - 04:19
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I just read on Razorback Records that the "new" Massacre album has just been released. Here's exactly what they said:

Quote:
"The Second Coming" CD

The long lost Massacre second album is now unveiled. Kam Lee together with NunSlaughter Records and Hells Headbangers has unearthed this long overdue casket. Originally slated for release in the mid 90's these songs retain the classic Massacre sound and horror appeal. Enter this tomb and revel in The Second Coming.

M-A says it's just a compilation of demos though, but as long as they're songs I haven't heard, I'll buy it.
01.02.2008 - 17:13
I saw that Denial Fiend was planning on playing at the Central Illinois Metalfest in July. Not sure if they are the same lineup as on the post by Cut-Throat, but I do know that Kam Lee and Terry Butler are members. I checked out some samples by Denial Fiend and didn't like it quite as much as Massacre on From Beyond, but that may be because they are samples. Anyone familiar with that band?
01.02.2008 - 17:55
Son of Odin
Yeah, one of the better Death Metal bands in my opinion.
----
METAL UNITES US ALL!
01.02.2008 - 18:29
riffmeister
Account deleted
Massacre rocks! although i don't like Death...it's a shame they only recorded 2 albums...
01.02.2008 - 18:52
Fucked Upstairs.
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 01.02.2008 at 18:29

it's a shame they only recorded 2 albums...

and one of them utterly sucked.
02.02.2008 - 13:53
riffmeister
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 01.02.2008 at 18:52

you mean Promise? the second one? i liked it...
02.02.2008 - 17:09
Fucked Upstairs.
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 02.02.2008 at 13:53

Written by Guest on 01.02.2008 at 18:52

you mean Promise? the second one? i liked it...

what the hell? what did you like about that utter-crapy release? despite the whiny lyrics which made me laugh my balls off, the rest of the album just made me sad, it's the worst album i ever heard by a death metal band, though that album is million miles away of being related to death metal.
04.03.2009 - 23:49
WITCHCLAN
Are you all aware that Kam Lee did not do vocals on Promise? It says on the inlay that he does but I can tell you for a fact that he definitely did not.
Promise was a pile of shit and I actually smashed my copy on purpose because I hated it so much. From Beyond is one of my favourite albums of all time and it is a timeless classic. Corpsegrinder is an amazing track, how can you say it isn't - it was originally a Death song but Kam took it with him when he left the band.
Well the best news is that Massacre have now re-formed and plan to release a brand new studio LP for 2010 which I personally cannot wait for. When you think of Massacre, just think of From Beyond and the Second Coming - forget about Promise because it is NOT Massacre as far as I am concerned, Rick Rozz is the only original member that is on it anyway and let's face it, he was never the strongest guitarist and can't play solos to save his life.
You just wait til 2010 and you will see the rise of the kings of DM once again!!!!
----
Pre-order the new Witchclan demo now at www.witchclan.co.uk - release date 1st September 2010.
09.07.2009 - 14:13
Massacre is dead. A whole lot of shitflinging occured when bandmembers who were OK to allow Massacre to reform back in 2007 suddenly weren't OK with it anymore. Therefore Massacre bit the dust.

I, personally, think it's for the best. Partly because it now means I witnessed the last ever Massacre gig, but also because it stops Kam Lee from doing anything unwise. Although I think anything new by Massacre would be good, it will never live up to From Beyond anyway.

At least we have Bone Gnawer to tide us over now...
21.11.2009 - 20:40
Don Martin
le fu-
Great band, new Kam Lee project Bone Gnawer also rocks! Lee is one my fav old school grunters. With old school I mean the plain grunting without the "wee wee weeweeweeeee"
----
What a tackastrophe!
21.11.2009 - 21:24
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Don Martin on 21.11.2009 at 20:40

Great band, new Kam Lee project Bone Gnawer also rocks! Lee is one my fav old school grunters. With old school I mean the plain grunting without the "wee wee weeweeweeeee"

I take it you mean, the ''pig sounding'' vocals?

Kam Lee is an awesome death metal vocalist, and it's definitely clear to see that he was the main influence on Barney Greenway's vocals.
22.11.2009 - 18:23
Sunioj
This band is alright, I don't think it's anything to really write home about. Average at best.