‹‹ Back to the Recreation Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34]
Users visited: 406  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by KryptoN on 08.11.2010 at 01:13
Written by Kasper on 07.11.2010 at 14:05

Alright - I hope someone can help me figure out the name of a series I once saw a few years back.

It's more or less an apocalypse series. It's set in a town, and all communication lines are cut. They're powered up by the last remaining generators.
No one know why everything has shut down - they suspect a terrorist attack.

Anyway - I can't remember that much. You follow several families - and theres particularly this one family where the dad (later discovered in the series), has a secret room in his basement where he has top secret documents and a satellite communicator. Also theres the primary family you follow - the one that run the town basicly. They're forced to do several decisions that cause the town to split, and therefore theres a conflict for control.

Once they decided to raid a hospital for medical supplies, but well-armoured guys is ahead of them and they're already there (or the armoured guys arrives while they're in the abandoned hospital).

Oh and theres this episode where they have to decide wether to blow up the bridge which will make all traffic in and out of the town impossible, as it's the only road to the other cities. But the previously mentioned armoured guys is a threat, and a good reason to blow up the bridge. (One of the decisions that creates conflicts between some of the families)

It's difficult for them to get any information of what has happened to USA - and they have run out of fuel to visit other cities to get a clue what has happened. Even the TV's are off - no broadcasts whatsoever.

Suddenly they stopped showing this series here in Denmark, and it was really a shame cause I loved it!
Anyone have a clue what it might be called?

I only watched a few episodes myself, but maybe it's Jericho?

Page 34 of 34

3rdWorld
Elliot Rodger v2

04.12.2016 at 20:59
Just finished Parks and Recreation season 1 & 2.

An american version of The Office that actually works. Aziz ansari is my favorite though, followed closely by Nick Offerman and Chris Pratt. Amy Poehler is also a really marketable and worthy lead who carries the weight of the character and leads along quite nicely. I'm not sure if they did it consciously or not but it really works on to avoid the mistakes and pitfalls of other modern US sitcoms like The Office, Modern Family etc. where there were/are too many filler or irritating characters and just a single comedic and enjoyable character but this is the first time I've seen an US sitcom where there are no annoying or boring characters although Chris pratt's role could've been written a bit better and is just too dumb or cliche so far.

Ansari seems to be having his own unique style and his reactions and one-liners are fuckin' A. Same case with Nick Offerman and especially love how he stereotypes the government job and hates it and his character is really really well written.
----
BitterCOld
Gringo

05.12.2016 at 00:54
Written by 3rdWorld on 04.12.2016 at 20:59

Ansari seems to be having his own unique style and his reactions and one-liners are fuckin' A. Same case with Nick Offerman and especially love how he stereotypes the government job and hates it and his character is really really well written.

Nick/Ron Swanson steals the show. Food quotes, anti-gov't quotes. Great stuff.

Last season sucks, though.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.
3rdWorld
Elliot Rodger v2

05.12.2016 at 14:20
I have no idea who Nick Swanson is, guessing it will be a new character introduced further into a series which I will definitely be watching as Parks and Rec is rather not a lame American sitcom as I thought it would be.
----
Cynic Metalhead
Atrocious Virgin

06.12.2016 at 13:13
Written by 3rdWorld on 05.12.2016 at 14:20

I have no idea who Nick Swanson is, guessing it will be a new character introduced further into a series which I will definitely be watching as Parks and Rec is rather not a lame American sitcom as I thought it would be.

As Craig said, last season suck balls.

If you leapfrogging, I'll say except S6 and S7, all are fucking hit.
----
BitterCOld
Gringo

07.12.2016 at 19:00
Written by 3rdWorld on 05.12.2016 at 14:20

i said Nick/Ron Swanson. Ron Swanson is the character played by Nick Offerman.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.
3rdWorld
Elliot Rodger v2

07.12.2016 at 19:15
Lol, alright.
----
IronAngel

08.12.2016 at 11:00
Written by Zaph on 03.12.2016 at 21:30

Binge watching through Stargate SG-1 with the girlfriend. It's not that great so far (we're just starting season 4) but I like ancient civilizations and mythology and all that so it keeps me entertained.

As much as I have a nostalgic love for the series, it's a bit like Star Trek TNG: very patchy. Great storylines and characters, but plenty of generic or cringe-worthy filler. I do think S4 is one of the best (7 is really good to), so hopefully it will draw you in. In retrospect, although I didn't admit it at the time, SG: Atlantis is probably the better series.

Watching first season of Flash myself, it's finally on Finnish Netflix. It's really good, better than Arrow (which I also liked, but the contrast of soapy rich boy drama and grimdark batmanning did not complement the fantastical setting; and the villains were nowhere as entertaining).
!J.O.O.E.!
Defunct

08.12.2016 at 13:35
Written by IronAngel on 08.12.2016 at 11:00

SG: Atlantis is probably the better series.

Interesting you think that. I really like it because I'm a sucker for any kind of sci-fi more or less regardless of quality, but I think without Dr. McKay it would probably be quite dull due to lack of interesting characters. Ronon and Tayla are perhaps 2 of the most uninteresting characters in the franchise. In fact I think the only purpose of Ronon's character is as a plot device for getting the team into trouble. Sheppard is ok but he's kind of a Jack O' Neil without the quirks.

It's true though that SG1 is full of filler episodes. I'm currently watching through ST: TNG again as the HD version is on Netflix as it's practically a tick-list of episodes SG1 rips off. When it's great it's great though, and even when it's not I'd say it's carried through on the merits of the character's personalities, dialogue and humour.
----
IronAngel

08.12.2016 at 13:57
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 08.12.2016 at 13:35

Interesting you think that. I really like it because I'm a sucker for any kind of sci-fi more or less regardless of quality, but I think without Dr. McKay it would probably be quite dull due to lack of interesting characters. Ronon and Tayla are perhaps 2 of the most uninteresting characters in the franchise. In fact I think the only purpose of Ronon's character is as a plot device for getting the team into trouble. Sheppard is ok but he's kind of a Jack O' Neil without the quirks.

It's true though that SG1 is full of filler episodes. I'm currently watching through ST: TNG again as the HD version is on Netflix as it's practically a tick-list of episodes SG1 rips off. When it's great it's great though, and even when it's not I'd say it's carried through on the merits of the character's personalities, dialogue and humour.

To be honest, I haven't watched either SG series in years, so it may be that my memories are distorted. You're right about the characters: the original SG-1 had a great dynamic between the cast, including the support from Hammond and Fraiser (and Landry was good too). McKay is obviously the highlight, but I also like Weir as a leader. I dunno, I remember Atlantis having a tighter story arc with less filler but possiby that's untrue.

TNG is definitely always kept afloat by its cast, which is the overall strongest of the franchise (even if some of the best single characters are in DS9 and Voyager). I wonder how the series would play if one made the effort to cut out all the bad/filler episodes (unless they're vital to the plot).
!J.O.O.E.!
Defunct

08.12.2016 at 16:22
Written by IronAngel on 08.12.2016 at 13:57

To be honest, I haven't watched either SG series in years, so it may be that my memories are distorted. You're right about the characters: the original SG-1 had a great dynamic between the cast, including the support from Hammond and Fraiser (and Landry was good too). McKay is obviously the highlight, but I also like Weir as a leader. I dunno, I remember Atlantis having a tighter story arc with less filler but possiby that's untrue.

TNG is definitely always kept afloat by its cast, which is the overall strongest of the franchise (even if some of the best single characters are in DS9 and Voyager). I wonder how the series would play if one made the effort to cut out all the bad/filler episodes (unless they're vital to the plot).

It's probably why I prefer DS9 these days over TNG, as after the first season or so it focused heavily on an ongoing plot. TNG is fun though, especially some of the Data-centric ones. Ironically he seemed to get more varied acting opportunities than anyone else in the cast. TNG's only ongoing arc was probably the Borg ones, though they tended to be pretty good. Too many Klingon honour ones too though for me which I never found interesting.
----
Zaph
The Nothingth

08.12.2016 at 19:05
Written by IronAngel on 08.12.2016 at 11:00

As much as I have a nostalgic love for the series, it's a bit like Star Trek TNG: very patchy. Great storylines and characters, but plenty of generic or cringe-worthy filler. I do think S4 is one of the best (7 is really good to), so hopefully it will draw you in. In retrospect, although I didn't admit it at the time, SG: Atlantis is probably the better series.

Interesting, you're making me excited for this season since I share your opinion that it has lots of filler. And since we were planning to do Atlantis next it's intriguing to see that you think it might be better.

Actually, before we started season 4 of SG-1 we started watching The Expanse on Netlix. We only have one episode to go but it was a pretty good series so far. At the very least I can say it was refreshing to have a sci-fi tv-show set in space with special effects that aren't garbage.
----
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34]

Login or register to post here.