Metal Storm logo
Alogia

15.07.2007 - 00:16
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Hailing from Serbia these guys definitely deserve some recognition. While I am only familiar with The Secret Spheres of Art, I have heard songs from other albums. While they aren't the most skilled musicians, the Brankovic brothers do create some great music. Fans for anyone of Progressive Power Metal.
15.07.2007 - 00:22
APOHAKC
The Bard
Nice band indeed, although I am not a fan of their album in English cause I have some feeling they recorded it too harshed. I prefer their debut 'Pesme O Vremenu'. It is written in Serbian and when it was released it was bomb on dead Serbian Power Metal scene.

Musicians are well known here, before they formed Alogia they played in Progressive band called Psychoparadox that is probably one of the most popular bands here ever, and also they layed in Iron Maiden tribute band that were very popular here too.

I am waiting to see how their new album will sound, by my opinion that wil be key album in their career

Also, they are awesome alive, probably best live attraction we have here (but it is not very hard, since they are among rare Power Metal bands lol)
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
15.07.2007 - 00:32
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by APOHAKC on 15.07.2007 at 00:22

Nice band indeed, although I am not a fan of their album in English cause I have some feeling they recorded it too harshed. I prefer their debut 'Pesme O Vremenu'. It is written in Serbian and when it was released it was bomb on dead Serbian Power Metal scene.

Musicians are well known here, before they formed Alogia they played in Progressive band called Psychoparadox that is probably one of the most popular bands here ever, and also they layed in Iron Maiden tribute band that were very popular here too.

I am waiting to see how their new album will sound, by my opinion that wil be key album in their career

Also, they are awesome alive, probably best live attraction we have here (but it is not very hard, since they are among rare Power Metal bands lol)

Hahaha welcome back Aronax of Steel. Yes I am familiar Psychoparadox, but I decided not to mention them since I weren't sure how many people are familiar with that group. I will definitely try and get that debut album!! I like the Serbian language and Serbia in general, I plan to visit there someday, I especially love their footballers and their great footballing history, I am rooting for them and Finland in group A of Euro Qualifying! I just felt you should know that!
15.07.2007 - 08:04
Eternal Flames
Alogia are a great band. Personally, I prefer their first two albumsm that are sung in Serbian "Price o Vremenu" and "Price o Zivotu", particularly the latter. While they aren't the most talented musicians, they create some very good melodic and catchy music, while still retaining their progressive element. "Secret Spheres of Art" was very good as well, but I just preferred their work sung in Serbian. As you mentioned, the Brankovic brothers create some really good music, even with Psychoparadox.

I haven't heard their live album though which I'd really like to hear. If anyone else has heard it, is it worth getting?
15.07.2007 - 13:37
APOHAKC
The Bard
I dunno about that album, I never heard it, actually, I heard for it now for the first time. If they recording is good, than it should be nice, they are quite ok alive and they have very loyal fans, I will try to get it today and see is it worthy of listening.

I agree with you about albums, still "Price O Vremenu" is my favorite album, "Price O Zivotu" is little weaker and I never listened to much to it, but as I said I think they harshed with English album and they should wait for the right time to do that. Their music sound much better in Serbian, but it is strange for some people to listen Heavy Metal on foreign languages and if it is not English. It sound strange
----
21.07.2007 - 08:59
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by APOHAKC on 15.07.2007 at 13:37

I dunno about that album, I never heard it, actually, I heard for it now for the first time. If they recording is good, than it should be nice, they are quite ok alive and they have very loyal fans, I will try to get it today and see is it worthy of listening.

I agree with you about albums, still "Price O Vremenu" is my favorite album, "Price O Zivotu" is little weaker and I never listened to much to it, but as I said I think they harshed with English album and they should wait for the right time to do that. Their music sound much better in Serbian, but it is strange for some people to listen Heavy Metal on foreign languages and if it is not English. It sound strange

While that is true, there are some bands who sound so much better not singing in English, I really don't know about these guys because I have only heard like 3 Serbian songs, but thanks to good ole Aronax of Steel I will be able to hear it!!
23.07.2007 - 04:12
APOHAKC
The Bard
Let me know your opinion, I will inform you about new releases, they are currently working on new one. bbut not sure will it be on English or Serbian... or maybe both

Cheers mate!
----
23.07.2007 - 15:16
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Wow, how I manage to miss this thread

Anyway, despite the fact that many people hate the thesse days, I really like their music, and I dont give a shit for their personal life, or any other musician, as long as they are able to create some good music.

Concerning the albums, I must say that I like 1st better, its not as progressive as second, and it has some power metal features that arent present on Price o Zivotu. And as Aronax said, 2nd is weaker than 1st, so I expect they will manage to find some ballance on next album. Also there were 3 singers with pretty different voices on first album, as you might know it, so it creates problem for present singer when playing live, but aside of that, they ussualy play flawles. And about English version, well, I'm always sceptic around such things, so, I expected worse.

Anyway, Im waiting for upcoming albums, ecpecially PsychoparadoX, because when they made their first albums, they were pretty young, yet you can see quality in that music, so if they put all their curent knowledge and expirience, it could be awesome!
----
26.07.2007 - 16:10
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Stalker on 23.07.2007 at 15:16

Anyway, despite the fact that many people hate the thesse days, I really like their music, and I dont give a shit for their personal life, or any other musician, as long as they are able to create some good music.

Exactly my thoughts, people are bitching about them all the time. I think that their Paradox studio have big influence on that, you know, that is probably best studio here, (for metal), and they are in charge of it, I heard that they got a big sum of money but,.. so what? They deserved it, they never took shootgun and force bands to come to record in their studio, they came because they wanted good sound, and later, they are suprised that they have to pay for that.

Also, they are "neglecting" their music because they love money more, excuse me, but they have to live from something, look at the country we are living in, if you have plans to live only by your music, hahaha man, you are going to die in pain from hunger, that is for sure..
----
23.08.2007 - 09:01
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by APOHAKC on 26.07.2007 at 16:10

Written by Stalker on 23.07.2007 at 15:16

Exactly my thoughts, people are bitching about them all the time. I think that their Paradox studio have big influence on that, you know, that is probably best studio here, (for metal), and they are in charge of it, I heard that they got a big sum of money but,.. so what? They deserved it, they never took shootgun and force bands to come to record in their studio, they came because they wanted good sound, and later, they are suprised that they have to pay for that.

Also, they are "neglecting" their music because they love money more, excuse me, but they have to live from something, look at the country we are living in, if you have plans to live only by your music, hahaha man, you are going to die in pain from hunger, that is for sure..

Are they quite famous in Serbia? I finally got around to listening to their debut, it is very excellent! I will have to listen to it more to tell more of what I thought. Also on a completely unrelated note, I am very mad that Serbia lost to Belgium in the Euro Qualifier! Cmon Serbia and Finland, I like poland too though!!
23.08.2007 - 13:51
APOHAKC
The Bard
They were very famous 5-6 years ago, that was their zenith, people loved them, their shows were excellent, I remember once I went to Belgrade to see them, and over 4.000 people came what was quite much for a home made heavy metal band. Later, they start writing in English, and they, well, they made some mistakes, they have a lot of enemies and they are not popular as before, they wanted to screw with other Serbian bands, and that was generally bad idea, although, I don't have a clue who was right or wrong in that duel.

I pissed off last night, I went out after the game and walked through the park whole night with my ipod, I couldn't believe how we manage to loose that game. But that is Serbia, we beat Finland in Helsinki and then loose to Belgium that have much weaker team, and plus they lost all chances to qualify on EC. We are strange team, one day we loose to Kazakhstan the other we beat Finland, then loose to Belgium, and then beat Portugal, but it is not good at all, I wish we loose to stronger teams, but at least beat the weaker, this way, you never know on what you are.

I love Poland, I wish Poland and Serbia could qualify for the Euro Cup, but it is impossible though, Poland have chances to go through, we have it to, we have one game less than others, but Portugal be one of the two top teams, Finland and Belgium don't have any chances to go through
----
10.09.2007 - 17:49
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by APOHAKC on 23.08.2007 at 13:51

They were very famous 5-6 years ago, that was their zenith, people loved them, their shows were excellent, I remember once I went to Belgrade to see them, and over 4.000 people came what was quite much for a home made heavy metal band. Later, they start writing in English, and they, well, they made some mistakes, they have a lot of enemies and they are not popular as before, they wanted to screw with other Serbian bands, and that was generally bad idea, although, I don't have a clue who was right or wrong in that duel.

I pissed off last night, I went out after the game and walked through the park whole night with my ipod, I couldn't believe how we manage to loose that game. But that is Serbia, we beat Finland in Helsinki and then loose to Belgium that have much weaker team, and plus they lost all chances to qualify on EC. We are strange team, one day we loose to Kazakhstan the other we beat Finland, then loose to Belgium, and then beat Portugal, but it is not good at all, I wish we loose to stronger teams, but at least beat the weaker, this way, you never know on what you are.

I love Poland, I wish Poland and Serbia could qualify for the Euro Cup, but it is impossible though, Poland have chances to go through, we have it to, we have one game less than others, but Portugal be one of the two top teams, Finland and Belgium don't have any chances to go through

LOL what does game have to do with Alogia Anyway, I wander if they would be accepted on MS, I see here some bands that are worse than they are, but have profile here... I submited it about year ago and it was rejected...
----
10.09.2007 - 18:06
APOHAKC
The Bard
Maiden Various mentioned game in his post
----
10.09.2007 - 20:14
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by APOHAKC on 10.09.2007 at 18:06

Maiden Various mentioned game in his post

lol I didnt see it, i thiught you've became senile
----
10.09.2007 - 20:36
APOHAKC
The Bard

...not far from truth though..
----
23.09.2007 - 10:48
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by APOHAKC on 10.09.2007 at 20:36

...not far from truth though..

Again sort of off topic but since we talked about that game Serbia tied portugal which is very good! Finland tied poland which is also good. Finland plays portugal on the last matchday, which will most likely be a huge match! I hope Finland moves on just to show you up aronax of steel hahahaha!
27.09.2007 - 04:35
APOHAKC
The Bard
hahahaha

That is not gonna happen, but ok, hope dies last
----
22.10.2007 - 09:37
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by APOHAKC on 27.09.2007 at 04:35

hahahaha

That is not gonna happen, but ok, hope dies last

Hahaha you never know! hurry up November 17 and 21! I must know what happens!
27.10.2007 - 20:11
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Hey guys, I've added the basic info for Alogia, so its in "invisible" bands now...
----
16.01.2008 - 09:14
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Excellent! Also to get completely off topic, which is pretty much a tradition in this thread, Finland were so close! as was Serbia! gonna be an interesting Euro I think, go Romania!
16.01.2008 - 15:11
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Guest on 16.01.2008 at 09:14

Excellent! Also to get completely off topic, which is pretty much a tradition in this thread, Finland were so close! as was Serbia! gonna be an interesting Euro I think, go Romania!

But no more invisible, all info is there and the band is turned visible and all. Ill try to add Psychoparadox when I find time, and also few more bands, why not...
----
03.02.2008 - 17:29
Lothroniell
Account deleted
They are definitely best metal band here in Serbia... I prefer their first two albums "Price o Vremenu" and "Price o Zivotu"...
03.02.2008 - 23:32
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Guest on 03.02.2008 at 17:29

They are definitely best metal band here in Serbia... I prefer their first two albums "Price o Vremenu" and "Price o Zivotu"...

No they are not, Psychoparadox is better!
----
05.02.2008 - 12:54
Lothroniell
Account deleted
Written by Stalker on 03.02.2008 at 23:32

Written by Guest on 03.02.2008 at 17:29

No they are not, Psychoparadox is better!

Alogia is better!!!
10.03.2008 - 22:34
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Hahaha well what kind of entertainment do we have here? Maybe someone should start an Alogia vs Psychoparadox thread in the metal arena haha
10.03.2008 - 22:55
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Guest on 10.03.2008 at 22:34

Hahaha well what kind of entertainment do we have here? Maybe someone should start an Alogia vs Psychoparadox thread in the metal arena haha

LOL, besides you, me, her, and Aronax, I doubt anyone even knows about Psychoparadox here lol
----
05.07.2008 - 21:36
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Stalker on 10.03.2008 at 22:55

Written by Guest on 10.03.2008 at 22:34

LOL, besides you, me, her, and Aronax, I doubt anyone even knows about Psychoparadox here lol

Hahahaha well at least we'd have 4 votes, would sure lead to more arguing back on this thread haha