Metal Storm logo
Conception

15.07.2007 - 00:38
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Many of you may be familiar with Tore Østby and Roy Khan with their work in Ark and Kamelot respectively. Before those great bands however they were in Conception, a progressive band worthy of mention. While they only released 4 albums with their last one being the least memorable. The Last Sunset, and Parallel Minds are both excellent releases, neither compares to their masterpiece, In Your Multitude. My favorite song is a Million Gods from In Your Multidude though Roll the Fire is close! I'm curious as to how many metalstormers have heard of these guys.
15.07.2007 - 09:22
Arcaliz666
Account deleted
From Norway, great Progressive Power band, the first band of Roy Khan (Kamelot). They formed in 1989 and released 4 works : "The Last Sunset" in 91, "Parallel Minds" in 93, "In Your Multitude" in 95 and "Flow" in 97, later they disbanded. Conception also apears in the Split "Power Of Metal" in 1993 with Gamma Ray, Rage and Helicon.
15.07.2007 - 11:16
baldur
i only own Parallel Minds which albums of them can you recommend me?
21.07.2007 - 09:14
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by baldur on 15.07.2007 at 11:16

i only own Parallel Minds which albums of them can you recommend me?

I would recommend In Your Multitude which is in my opinion their best album. After that it's Parallel Minds, The Last Sunset, and then Flow.

@Arcaliz666: Don't forget that they reformed for prog power 2004!!
30.03.2008 - 16:22
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I am just now getting into these guys. To be honest, today is the first time I've listened to them before, but I think I like them alot. They sort of remind me of Symphony X. Anyway, yeah, definitly gonna delve deeper with these dudes.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
30.03.2008 - 16:52
Hellish Star
Great band. I own all their albums.... "Parallel Minds" and "In Your Multitude " are the favorite ones...
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
29.04.2008 - 08:46
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Hellish Star on 30.03.2008 at 16:52

Great band. I own all their albums.... "Parallel Minds" and "In Your Multitude " are the favorite ones...

Those are my favorite two as well, their albums are very expensive on the internet but definitely worth it!