Metal Storm logo
Helloween - Detail Upcoming Self-Titled Album

With the upcoming album, simply titled Helloween, the band open a new chapter after 35 years of a glorious career. The future of one of the most influential German metal bands will from now on feature three singers. Originally planned for the live performances only, it was the birth of a unique seven piece metal alliance. Helloween will officially unleash Helloween on June 18th, 2021 via Nuclear Blast. The album pre-order will kick off on March 26th.

Comments the band's drummer Dani Löble: "This record is the coronation of the PUMPKINS UNITED journey! Still, until today I am fascinated by the different character traits and facets of the Helloween history. Per example the legendary voices of Michi, Andi and Kai. To enjoy them now together on one record, under one flag is the ultimate Helloween experience.

Track listing in following order:

01. Out For The Glory
02. Fear Of The Fallen
03. Best Time
04. Mass Pollution
05. Angels
06. Rise Without Chains
07. Indestructible
08. Robot King
09. Cyanide
10. Down In The Dumps
11. Orbit
12. Skyfall

The base of this milestone album was already erected in the studio: using the original drum kit of Ingo Schwichtenberg, the recording was done with the same modulators at the Hamburg HOME studios where back then Master Of The Rings, The Time Of The Oath and Better Than Raw were recorded. Completely analog and under the eyes of long term producer Charlie Bauerfeind and co-producer Dennis Ward, the UNITED impact traveled to New York and got the final mix in the Valhalla Studios of Ronald Prent (Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, Rammstein).

"After 30 years with the different line ups of the band I really thought I was well prepared for another extreme challenge, but I was wrong! My expectations were highly exceeded in every way with this super-sized creativity package," tells Bauerfeind.

Besides all musical competence, it is also the special enthusiasm that defines Helloween. Guitarist Michael Weikath characterizes in his own way: "It is the incomprehensible encounter of seven musicians who are working as friends and even family and created something that no one would have thought it could be possible. It is like awaking from a sleep but still being in an incredible dream."

Returnee Kai Hansen reflects: ?Being in the studio with my old companions after 30 years was very emotional for me. But at the same time it was a completely different experience with the "new" boys. The collaboration of different songwriters and strong characters made the album very special: a unique mix with reminiscences from all chapters of the band's history. Helloween is a big part of my life and I am looking forward to celebrating the songs live for and with our fans!"

From another perspective bassist Markus Grosskopf agrees: "For me, being one of the last 'survivors' who played every note from the beginning, it was a fantastic experience and a very emotional process. I think everyone can hear it on this album. I love it."

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Helloween
Posted: 12.03.2021 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 54   Visited by: 226 users
12.03.2021 - 15:53
Jร„Y
Metal slave
This made me cry tears of joy
12.03.2021 - 16:50
JoHn Doe
I'm looking forward to listening to this!
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
12.03.2021 - 16:55
Hellcult
Sweet! XD
Love the artwork btw
----
And I see the blade fall down upon the head of lord in heaven
And Darkness falls upon the end of history
While I drink the milk of the Black Goddess and cry over the mankind

Black Moses is my name...
12.03.2021 - 17:16
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff
Damn, one member for each key.
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
12.03.2021 - 17:28
Ocean Sage
Coolest album cover art I've seen in awhile! Helloween are always fun. I definitely give this a listen.
12.03.2021 - 19:58
skelator
Ooooh nightwish and snowflake euro-power fans will be over the moon.
Sadly, Kai Hansen would not save this album.
----
Best Metal Albums of 2023: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9jaZJRBeBw

Best Metal Demos: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HtsgSQjV44
12.03.2021 - 20:00
Metal Invader
Well teaser trailer of "Skyfall" sounds good..hope that the rest of the album is the same or better!!
And yes after many imo "crappy" album covers,this one is great!!
12.03.2021 - 20:00
nikarg
Staff
I am sensing (and secretly hoping for) Keeper part III.
12.03.2021 - 21:53
JoHn Doe
Written by nikarg on 12.03.2021 at 20:00

I am sensing (and secretly hoping for) Keeper part III.

you mean Keepers IV
there are already 3 Keepers.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
13.03.2021 - 02:14
Metal Spartan
This was a long time in the making. The Hansen, Kiske and Deris eras of Helloween have all been awesome (maybe not Chameleon or Pink Bubbles as much...although the latter had some good songs), so pretty damn sure this is gonna deliver.
13.03.2021 - 07:59
Hellthunder
That artwork is quite a step up from its hideous predecessors (everything released after 2000).
13.03.2021 - 08:02
Hellthunder
Written by skelator on 12.03.2021 at 19:58

Yes, we most definitely will.

Kai Hansen appears on the album and no music has been released from it yet.
13.03.2021 - 08:13
JoHn Doe

Is Kai supposed to save the album? From what?

What's Nightwish got to do with anything here? I don't think whoever listens to Nightwish instantly loves Helloween or vice versa. Or maybe it was late 90s, early 2000s.
----
13.03.2021 - 12:36
musclassia
Staff
Love the album artwork, interested to see how they juggle the three vocalists across a whole album
13.03.2021 - 15:26
skelator
Written by Metal Spartan on 13.03.2021 at 02:14

This was a long time in the making. The Hansen, Kiske and Deris eras of Helloween have all been awesome (maybe not Chameleon or Pink Bubbles as much...although the latter had some good songs), so pretty damn sure this is gonna deliver.

Easy to skip the fact that after Dark Ride they never recorded even a good album, right?
----

13.03.2021 - 15:37
nikarg
Staff
Written by skelator on 08.12.2020 at 14:08

Albums of this band are such an embarrassment for a long time, since Rabbit Don't Come Easy.
Static, digital, fake...some average, some like 7 Sinners just awful.
They should disperse after The Dark Ride...
Meh

Written by skelator on 13.03.2021 at 15:26

Easy to skip the fact that after Dark Ride they never recorded even a good album, right?

Can you show us on the doll what Helloween did to hurt you? It must have been really bad.
13.03.2021 - 17:47
BlackMetalDay
High hopes for this album!
13.03.2021 - 17:51
majormalfunction
I LOVE that cover art... still can't look away from the fact i've not enjoyed any of their albums since Rabbit Don't Come Easy
----
Everything's twice as bright with money in your hands
13.03.2021 - 21:30
skelator
Written by nikarg on 13.03.2021 at 15:37

Written by skelator on 08.12.2020 at 14:08

Albums of this band are such an embarrassment for a long time, since Rabbit Don't Come Easy.
Static, digital, fake...some average, some like 7 Sinners just awful.
They should disperse after The Dark Ride...
Meh

Can you show us on the doll what Helloween did to hurt you? It must have been really bad.

OK, straight to the point

Rabbit Don't Come Easy 5/10
Keeper Of The Seven Keys - The Legacy 3/10
Gambling With The Devil 5/10
Unarmed 0/10
7 Sinners 2/20
Straight Out Of Hell 4/10

Neither of this albums went over 5 from the times of Dark Ride - thats nearly 20 years - and they wont this time. They like Manowar, they should go retire. New album its just a money-grab, Kiske can sing with Somerville, not real metal.
BTW Dark Ride was very good album...
----

14.03.2021 - 00:23
JoHn Doe
^ Kiske has done some great work with both Place Vendome and Unisonic. I didn't like his collaboration with Somerville, too safe and predictable.

While I can agree Helloween's work post 2000 has had ups and downs, it doesn't mean I can't get excited about this album they're teaming up with Kai and Michael.
----
14.03.2021 - 00:33
majormalfunction
I get why people gets excited for the fact that Kai is back but Kiske? Looking at KIskes career on a whole it's quite rarely he has given a brilliant performance, most of often it comes by as a paycheck job. The two first Place Vendome albums is a exception. He is technically good but it shines through that his heart has never been into the scene
----
Everything's twice as bright with money in your hands
14.03.2021 - 07:26
Metal Spartan
Quote:

Ouch. Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course, but I just don't see how anyone can consider anything after Dark Ride that bad. It's not like the formula has changed much, if at all. They still have the heaviness, speed, catchiness and just plain fun that Helloween is known for. Personally, I think Gambling with the Devil is one of the best, if not THE best, Deris era album.
14.03.2021 - 08:56
Metal Invader
Written by JoHn Doe on 14.03.2021 at 00:23

While I can agree Helloween's work post 2000 has had ups and downs, it doesn't mean I can't get excited about this album they're teaming up with Kai and Michael.

I Agree with you 100%
14.03.2021 - 09:08
Metal Invader
Written by majormalfunction on 14.03.2021 at 00:33

I get why people gets excited for the fact that Kai is back but Kiske? Looking at KIskes career on a whole it's quite rarely he has given a brilliant performance, most of often it comes by as a paycheck job. The two first Place Vendome albums is a exception. He is technically good but it shines through that his heart has never been into the scene

If Kiske delivers 100% on his vocals and lyrics do you Really care where his Heart is and that its for the Money(let's be honest)!?
14.03.2021 - 11:27
RaphaelThorne
Written by skelator on 13.03.2021 at 21:30

OK, straight to the point

Rabbit Don't Come Easy 5/10
Keeper Of The Seven Keys - The Legacy 3/10
Gambling With The Devil 5/10
Unarmed 0/10
7 Sinners 2/20
Straight Out Of Hell 4/10

Neither of this albums went over 5 from the times of Dark Ride - thats nearly 20 years - and they wont this time. They like Manowar, they should go retire. New album its just a money-grab, Kiske can sing with Somerville, not real metal.
BTW Dark Ride was very good album...

I love the fact that think your opinion is gospel.
I love even more those scores, especially the detail where they are all scored from 0 to 10, but there's one from 0 to 20. Very dramatic.
Unfortunately, I went and did a little fact check and you cannot believe my chock when I noticed those ratings are not on par with the public opinion. In fact, the average score for most of those albums (e.g. on metal-archives) is quite high. I was stunned, especially because I'm one of the guys that likes some of the albums.

Seriously, though. I hope you're just having difficulties expressing that those ratings are based on your opinion because otherwise you're just wrong.
----
Huddled in the safety of a pseudo silk kimono wearing bracelets of smoke, naked of understanding.
14.03.2021 - 14:19
skelator
Written by majormalfunction on 14.03.2021 at 00:33

Place Vendome was OK, however Werno wrote all the songs with some help of Koffler and Readman, Kiske just sang them.
He can deliver nicely AOR, but thats it.

Two quick sentences to Portugal guy - your opinion matters than anybody elses, heh? Spend more time to listen your Battle Beast stuff, instead of analyse number mistype, its just comment section for gods sake
----

14.03.2021 - 14:30
Eduard0
It surprises me how tenacious some people are about their negative opinions. It's been 20 years and 6 albums since "the last good album" but people still have the need to say that the next one is definitely gonna suck and that the band should just retire (Opeth feelings? Did anyone say Dream Theater?). This is like forcing yourself to watch The Walking Dead just to complain that it stopped being good at season 2 - just go watch something else and free yourself from this anger.
14.03.2021 - 16:52
RaphaelThorne
Written by skelator on 14.03.2021 at 14:19

Place Vendome was OK, however Werno wrote all the songs with some help of Koffler and Readman, Kiske just sang them.
He can deliver nicely AOR, but thats it.

Two quick sentences to Portugal guy - your opinion matters than anybody elses, heh? Spend more time to listen your Battle Beast stuff, instead of analyse number mistype, its just comment section for gods sake

"Kiske can deliver nice AOR and that's it"?! Wow!!
Well, again, it's your opinion. Although, I'm pretty sure the Avantasia fans will disagree but, then again, it's their opinion. The thing about opinions is that they're like asses, just because you have one doesn't mean you have to give it away.

Oh, and thanks for the "essay" from the pm you sent me. It was quite revealing about you. Nevertheless, I went and checked a little further those scores you gave, and found out they were all in your head. You see, here in metalstorm most of the albums are reviewed and, I shit you not, they were all above 7 out of 10. Even more amazing, Helloween's last DVD was considered best live dvd of last year, even with the guy that delivers nice AOR on the vocals. Astonishing, right?! Can you see how your opinions don't have any effective expression in real life?

Oh, and now a direct answer to the quoted text. First, I never gave my opinions, just said you are wrong based on facts taken from metal-archives and now from here. Second, you're assuming I like Battle Beast (it doesn't matter if I do or don't), and assumption is the mother of all fuckups. Third, first Nightwish and now BB?! What did the nice guys from Finland ever did to you? And last but not least, every time you put your comments out there for people to read (and, in this case, get dumber) you're taking a risk that some old bastard (in this case from Portugal) can come along and exposed them as the silly delusions they are.

So, how's that for an essay?

Best regards from Portugal.
----
Huddled in the safety of a pseudo silk kimono wearing bracelets of smoke, naked of understanding.
14.03.2021 - 20:51
skelator
Written by RaphaelThorne on 14.03.2021 at 16:52

Well, again, it's your opinion. Although, I'm pretty sure the Avantasia fans will disagree but, then again, it's their opinion.

Dont know any, trying to avoid them - its difficult, they are everywhere.

The thing about opinions is that they're like asses, just because you have one doesn't mean you have to give it away.

Well, João, if being smartass is you key to overthrow other people opinions, first you have to be smart. Otherwise, just an ass will left.

here in metalstorm most of the albums are reviewed and, I shit you not, they were all above 7 out of 10.

The fact that quarter million of Japanese bought Babymetal albums, doesnt mean its piece of art.

What did the nice guys from Finland ever did to you?

I like their ski jumpers. And their prime minister looks hot. Their pop-metal with howling divas not so much. I like Attick Demons!

So, how's that for an essay?

I think, Mark Twain, it is time for some book.

Kindly greetings from rock island.
----

14.03.2021 - 22:41
nikarg
Staff
Let's all just chill and reserve our love/hate for when at least some new music drops, shall we? No need to get all worked up.

Hits total: 3527 | This month: 17