Metal Storm logo
Children Of Bodom

Original post

Posted by Warman, 02.09.2007 - 15:49
New thread for CoB.

Last discussion was about the new song, "Tie My Rope", and the upcoming album of course.

Continue the discussion!
10.06.2008 - 20:43
Valentin B
Iconoclast
lol their cover of 'The Trooper' is one of the worst vocal performances i've ever heard, but it sounds fucking hilarious! laiho can't even pronounce some of the words that fast!
10.06.2008 - 21:08
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Valentin B on 10.06.2008 at 20:43

lol their cover of 'The Trooper' is one of the worst vocal performances i've ever heard, but it sounds fucking hilarious! laiho can't even pronounce some of the words that fast!

Thats not Children Of Bodom.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
10.06.2008 - 21:09
Gordon Freeman

Sentenced.
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
10.06.2008 - 22:48
Valentin B
Iconoclast
ooooh shit, so it's Sentenced...
10.06.2008 - 22:53
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Valentin B on 10.06.2008 at 22:48

ooooh shit, so it's Sentenced...

Yeah I was convinced it was CoB for the longest time as well.
----
- George Carlin
11.06.2008 - 07:58
Judas
The Amputator
There's a list of all the songs they actually have covered on their website, because there are quite a few 'fakes' out there (e.g. Sentenced's version of "The Trooper", Dispatched's and Norther's versions of "The Final Countdown"...).
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
15.06.2008 - 02:36
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Am I the only one who thinks they need to make a compilation with all their covers? I mean, I dont feel like trying to hunt down all the EPs/Singles just to hear a few covers, but it still would be nice to have them.
----
- George Carlin
22.06.2008 - 19:00
Uller
I dont know why but i cant stop listening tie my rope and blooddrunk....its a good album, and that song its fucking awesome!!
----
24.06.2008 - 18:57
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=26446] on 24.06.2008 at 06:20

Written by Doc G. on 15.06.2008 at 02:36

Am I the only one who thinks they need to make a compilation with all their covers? I mean, I dont feel like trying to hunt down all the EPs/Singles just to hear a few covers, but it still would be nice to have them.

I wish they would to, I don't want proper copies of Hatecrew Deathroll, Are You Dead Yet? or Blooddrunk cause don't like them so much but I want every cover they have done even the Britney Spears one, but I don't want to buy singles and japanese versions for one or two cover songs. Somebody Put Something In My Drink is still my favourite Bodom cover love that song so much.

Yeah my favorite Ramones song (and Im a pretty big Ramones fan) done by Bodom is very good, even though I dont think anything could beat Joeys vocals on the original. My favorite Bodom cover has to be of Alice Coopers 'Bed Of Nails'.
----
- George Carlin
27.06.2008 - 22:45
FalseLobster
Account deleted
I find it a little amusing some of you are trashing Alexi's lyrics/vocals. I imagine they don't release the lyrics to many of the songs 'cause Alexi doesn't even know/remember what he's saying half the time. I mean, as far as I'm concerned, that's always been the weakest point of the band and trashing the new album and such for poor vocals/lyrics seems silly. Has that really changed?
03.07.2008 - 07:47
Haightredy
I still enjoy their (older) music, even though they are now they have gone mainstream.
04.07.2008 - 09:11
routa
Account deleted

Hehe, I cracked up when I opened the thread & caught your post. It was a common joke around here how Bodom-fans make that mistake.
The "drunken" chorus is hilarious.
04.07.2008 - 18:21
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Haightredy on 03.07.2008 at 07:47

I still enjoy their (older) music, even though they are now they have gone mainstream.

Yeah, because anything with mass appeal sucks!
----
- George Carlin
04.07.2008 - 18:28
Gordon Freeman
Written by Doc G. on 04.07.2008 at 18:21

Written by Haightredy on 03.07.2008 at 07:47

Yeah, because anything with mass appeal sucks!

Totally, I never listen to any band that has ever sold more than 300 records...
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
24.07.2008 - 01:55
Fhuesc
Finally i listened Blooddrunk, yes it's a bad album, the cool rifts are nowhere to be found, warman's parts could be done by a 90 year old granny, to me CoB never had awesome drums, but they are so lame in this album, and finally the worst part of this album, has to be the chorus, my ears bleed every time a chorus started. But over all, i think this album is better than Are You Dead Yet?. But lets be honest here, who really thought that this album would put CoB in the right path?
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
24.07.2008 - 11:15
VPeter
finaly people start to realise how pathetic this clown band really is.
24.07.2008 - 14:40
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
Let's just remember that even though you'd like COB guys to always stay teenagers and repeat the same style album after album, they (like everyone else) get older and view things differently than before. And they make the music for themselves too, not just for the fans. Alexi has said that he's even a bit ashamed of the older albums. But of course you can dislike the new album, since there are as many tastes in music as there are people...
----
You'll never walk alone.
24.07.2008 - 15:06
VPeter
then it's time for Alexi to grow up and act like adult and not as a childish arrogant moron.
weird that he said that he is ashamed of the old albums, while the new albums are even more pathetic full of childish lyrics and Cob's saving grace the keyboards and the guitars are downgraded to absolute low point.
24.07.2008 - 21:29
Fhuesc
@Ernotar: im not asking for the same style over and over again, im only asking for great music like they used to make.
----
Until victory, always!
25.07.2008 - 11:17
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
@ Tír na nog Do yourself (and everyone else) a pleasure and don't listen to their albums then. It's that simple. To some point I agree with you about Alexi being a little childish though.

@ Fhuesc Didn't your post kind of lose it's meaning... You say you don't want the same over and over again, but yet you are actually asking it. If you think their old stuff was great, maybe you aren't open-minded enough to give their new stuff some more listening. I didn't like it after listening to the album for the first time, it takes time to find all the good things on the album. It's not an easy album that everyone can fall in love with immidiately...
----
You'll never walk alone.
25.07.2008 - 15:07
Warman
Erotic Stains
CoB is still a good band IMO. Sure they have been going downwards after the excellent Hate Crew but I still enjoy their music. The new album has some damn catchy songs.
----
29.07.2008 - 22:52
VPeter
Written by Ernotar on 25.07.2008 at 11:17

@ Tír na nog Do yourself (and everyone else) a pleasure and don't listen to their albums then. It's that simple. To some point I agree with you about Alexi being a little childish though.

you don't have to say that again, I couldn't even finnish listing to Bloodrunk because ti was so horrible and Alexi's wannabee bad ass attitude and lryics left a sour flavour in my mouth making me not even want to listen to their old albums.
29.07.2008 - 23:19
Fhuesc
Written by Ernotar on 25.07.2008 at 11:17

@ Fhuesc Didn't your post kind of lose it's meaning... You say you don't want the same over and over again, but yet you are actually asking it. If you think their old stuff was great, maybe you aren't open-minded enough to give their new stuff some more listening. I didn't like it after listening to the album for the first time, it takes time to find all the good things on the album. It's not an easy album that everyone can fall in love with immidiately...

No, maybe i didn't explain myself clearly enough. I only want great music from them, but that doesn't mean i want the same style, kalmah and norther will help here, their actual style isn't the same from their old albums, but For The Revolution and N, are great.
----
Until victory, always!
30.07.2008 - 18:05
Judas
The Amputator
I hadn't listened to them for aaaaaaages, until I reorganised my CD collection the other day and stumbled across their stuff. Jeez, I was such a fanboy a couple of years ago... Not without reason, either, the first four albums were all actually really good. I still haven't dared listen to 'Blooddrunk', because 'Are You Dead Yet' tarnished them way too much for me to take any more. While I think it's sad that so many people have suddenly started hating them, I do think that they should have realised that fans of their older material on the whole wouldn't warm to their newer stuff, simply because of the not-very-subtle change in sound. I tried so hard to like AYDY when it came out, tried to tell myself that it was growing on me and all that, but let's face it, it just didn't suit my taste. So, I've contented myself with the older stuff. Many new fans haven't even heard 'Something Wild', all they know is AYDY and the new album, which is fair enough, they can stick with what they like.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
01.08.2008 - 00:15
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Warman on 25.07.2008 at 15:07

CoB is still a good band IMO. Sure they have been going downwards after the excellent Hate Crew but I still enjoy their music. The new album has some damn catchy songs.

I personally find this album good. It's liek Ernotar said, they grow up, style changes, and there's nothing wrong with that. And if they become popular and make millions of tehir records, I'm glad for them
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
04.08.2008 - 19:38
Wintermoon
Account deleted
CoB is the one of the best Power Metal band ever.
But..I dont really like their new album Blooddrunk.
What do you think about it?
05.08.2008 - 08:00
PhantomLord
Account deleted
its not my favorite COB album, but Blooddrunk has some good songs and is better than AYDY. they tore shit up at GIGANTOUR here in Dallas. That was a great fuckin show!
14.08.2008 - 16:19
Elio
Red Nightmare
used to be my favourite band...then I discovered albums from "hate crew deathroll" and other bands, so now I consider them only a good band....ah and blooddrunk is not the worst album ever but neither the one that I'd listen everyday
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
15.08.2008 - 17:31
Janne
Hugin
Written by [user id=34209] on 05.08.2008 at 08:00

its not my favorite COB album, but Blooddrunk has some good songs and is better than AYDY. they tore shit up at GIGANTOUR here in Dallas. That was a great fuckin show!

I don't think Blooddrunk is better than AYDY. There's only 1 song which I like from Blooddrunk(tie my rope) but all the others are shit.
This album is too slow to me and there's too much vocals on it.
Where are those great synth solos??
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
16.08.2008 - 08:07
PhantomLord
Account deleted
i understand not appreciating the tone of the album and all, but to call it shit is pretty bold. to say that implies you think you could do better. One Day You Will Cry, Done With Everything Die For Nothing, Banned From Heaven and Roadkill Morning...all great songs. Tie My Rope doesnt even register on the scale above the ones just listed in my opinion