Metal Storm logo
Homosexuality

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 04.09.2007 - 00:51
There was a thread about this a long time ago, but it was locked due to the people posting there being incompetent. This is a very touchy subject, I know, but I want people to at least attempt to act in a civilized matter when discussing this. Flamewars are forbidden, and anyone attempting to start a flamewar will be doused in a chemical bath. With all of this out of the way, let's discuss our views on this subject.

Personally, I have no quarrels with someone being gay, or even bisexual for that matter. To each his own. They are not the monsters that religions make them out to be. They walk, talk, and think just like anyone else, and they have a great plethora of ideas to contribute to society. They are also just as intelligent as everyone else, and they have the same concerns and worries as any other person. As a real life example, my mother's hair dresser (who is also my hair dresser, which explains why my hair is so beautiful) is gay, but he is quite the upstanding fellow, and is quite intelligent. In short, I greatly respect the gay community and I wish to see them claim the same rights as everyone else.

Discussion starts... now.
16.08.2013 - 13:04
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Candlemass on 24.04.2013 at 20:32

Is this thread real? I'm dreaming?

My thoughts exactly after reading up on the latest posts here. I came to the thread to mention that I'm proud of several of Sweden's athletes who currently show their discontent with Russias "anti-gay" law.
----
16.08.2013 - 14:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Warman on 16.08.2013 at 13:04

Written by Candlemass on 24.04.2013 at 20:32

Is this thread real? I'm dreaming?

My thoughts exactly after reading up on the latest posts here. I came to the thread to mention that I'm proud of several of Sweden's athletes who currently show their discontent with Russias "anti-gay" law.

Give ma a names?
Last week I live in another planet, so I heard something and I am happy,
WC and Sochi must be boycot
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.08.2013 - 14:59
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Bad English on 16.08.2013 at 14:09

Give ma a names?

Haha ehm, what?
----
16.08.2013 - 15:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Warman on 16.08.2013 at 14:59

Written by Bad English on 16.08.2013 at 14:09

Give ma a names?

Haha ehm, what?

vad heter idroterna som är emot rysk anti gay reglerna?
(those who dont speek swedish - whats name of those athlets what are agaisnt russian anti gay law)
----

apos;'
[image]
16.08.2013 - 16:19
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Bad English on 16.08.2013 at 15:11

(those who dont speek swedish - whats name of those athlets what are agaisnt russian anti gay law)

Well, many of them. Emma Green Tregaro especially. How can you have missed that? It's like all over the swedish sport news and forums.
----
16.08.2013 - 16:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Warman on 16.08.2013 at 16:19

Written by Bad English on 16.08.2013 at 15:11

Well, many of them. Emma Green Tregaro especially. How can you have missed that? It's like all over the swedish sport news and forums.

2 days work 2 days prefering and fixing svetsutbildning staff what starts at monday, no TV and news I was only on MS , I did not watch any TV, only Midsummer Murders DVD to relax
I was missing news from this week, sorry , also I did not read aftonbladet and expressen
----

apos;'
[image]
22.02.2014 - 23:23
I'm bisexual, it's no big deal really. It's like having green eyes instead of brown eyes; you can't choose what you get because you just get it and you can't change it. And if it pisses off religious people then it makes me happy
24.02.2014 - 06:46
Darth Revan
Personally straight, but if a man wants to sleep with another man, I really don't care (And if a woman wants to sleep with a woman that's definitely ok too... especially if I can join in). Anything done between two consenting adults is ok by me, whether it be gay sex or locking your partner up in a sex dungeon.
24.02.2014 - 07:50
no one
Account deleted
Me and my partner like to pick children off the street, tie them and do whatever we please....we both give each other consent to do so though

seriously though, everyone says they are ok with it because it is the right way to be these days. But i think deep down a lot of people despise it and put on an act
12.03.2014 - 16:21
Thrashette
Written by Guest on 24.02.2014 at 07:50

Me and my partner like to pick children off the street, tie them and do whatever we please....we both give each other consent to do so though

seriously though, everyone says they are ok with it because it is the right way to be these days. But i think deep down a lot of people despise it and put on an act

And that is why it's considered socially unacceptable to make blatantly homophobic comments, but not to whine about being afraid of getting hit on by gay men. Or why so many parents preach to their kids about acceptance of homosexuality but when their own child comes out to them, it's met with denial and stupid comments like "you're still young and haven't tried it yet, so you wouldn't know", "it's just a phase", or "you've just had too many bad experiences with the opposite gender". Bisexual people have it really bad because even the gay community believes negative stereotypes about them. (If anyone says bisexual people have it the best because they have double the chances, you've been warned that I can go on for a long time on why that's bullshit at least from the female perspective.) I'm sure there's many other ironies rooted in the combination of inherent prejudice and the pressure to be politically correct but I'm too lazy to think of more right now. I have to wonder if this is an issue of human nature or social conditioning.
13.03.2014 - 20:45
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by deadone on 13.03.2014 at 03:34

I'm more disturbed by the fact that beastiality was legal in a lot of Europe up to recently. By recent I mean last year.

I think there just were no laws regarding that because we haven't heard of any zoophilia cases here (Northern Europe seems to be one of the last places where to search for people like that, really). So I wouldn't see the lack of proper laws as 'legalizing' such things.
For example, some time ago there was an issue regarding some guy who was dismantling two cars in the middle of a public carpark. Nobody liked it and so complaints were filed, however, then it was found out that there are no specific laws regarding places where you can or cannot dismantle your car, so you see... until the problem exists, nobody even thinks of it, although it is kinda ignorant to not see what's happening in other countries.
13.03.2014 - 20:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Dont listen to no one his opibnium and thoughs are weird like he is fade up whit whole world

baning wont stop anything, meriadge between same sex, as procedure can bring us back some incomes, weding services, cace bakers, hair dressers, costume makers... all will be hired, all will make money and pay a taxes, because banning this think, we cant , so ppl will do it anyway and better make it legal as canavis and other kind a drugs,
----

apos;'
[image]
13.03.2014 - 22:16
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Bad English on 13.03.2014 at 20:57

Dont listen to no one his opibniuma nd thjoughs are weird

In that case you have a lot in common.

Let's get back to the topic.
13.03.2014 - 22:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 13.03.2014 at 22:16

Dont listen to no one his opibniuma nd thjoughs are weird

In that case you have a lot in common.

Let's get back to the topic.

yes he is my secret twim, but I dont see anything bad in this, baning and beeing aganst is well how long we need to live in emdieval ages... what momks did in monostery what pfedopfile priest do whit chiuldren ... this is free , non forse and much cleaner as rape
----

apos;'
[image]
14.03.2014 - 00:17
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by deadone on 13.03.2014 at 03:34

And here's a funny one:

One of my colleagues is gay and was recently married by a priest (but not according to government laws).

We both thought it was funny that his homosexual marriage is legit in the eyes of the church whereas my heterosexual marriage is not as I was only married by a secular wedding celebrant.

Mad world where some religions accept gay marriage but supposedly secular governments do not.

Depends on the country you're in. Here gay marriage was accepted by our secular government long before any religion accepted it. And thank God for that since secular marriage is the only binding maariage here in this country. Btw with this country I am talking about The Netherlands (or Holland to some uninformed nitwits around ) I am usually not proud of my country cause you just get born there and don't choose it, but when it comes to accepting gay marriage I am proud of my country for being one of the first, if not THE first, in the world to recognize and legalize it.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.03.2014 - 01:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Quote:
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.03.2014 at 00:17

Mad world where some religions accept gay marriage but supposedly secular governments do not.

Depends on the country you're in. Here gay marriage was accepted by our secular government long before any religion accepted it. And thank God for that since secular marriage is the only binding maariage here in this country. Btw with this country I am talking about The Netherlands (or Holland to some uninformed nitwits around ) I am usually not proud of my country cause you just get born there and don't choose it, but when it comes to accepting gay marriage I am proud of my country for being one of the first, if not THE first, in the world to recognize and legalize it.

same as euthonazia, was Ned 1th what accepted it and make it legal, in some way ned is most progresive land in the world (and space cace )
----

apos;'
[image]
14.03.2014 - 03:31
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by deadone on 13.03.2014 at 23:56

Of course there were no cases if it wasn't a crime. Police do not chase people acting within the law generally.

And how about ethics? Torture and all kinds of wrong-doings to animals are being covered by laws. I think zoophilia just fits right in. But maybe the big countries need clarification as to what one ought not do to animals..

P.S. Germany is Germany. It is proven to be a very weird and surprising country at times so I wouldn't wonder much about that old news bit.
14.03.2014 - 09:36
no one
Account deleted

Dont listen to no one his opibnium and thoughs are weird like he is fade up whit whole world

ohh...that's rich

i just can't believe we bet aussie to same sex marriage.
14.03.2014 - 11:24
Leni
I'm not against gays, actually, i just don't care about who people sleep with. But here gay marriage, gay propaganda are illegal, and a lot of people openly hate gays, and it's accepted as normal in our society, unfortunately.
14.03.2014 - 12:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Leni on 14.03.2014 at 11:24

I'm not against gays, actually, i just don't care about who people sleep with. But here gay marriage, gay propaganda are illegal, and a lot of people openly hate gays, and it's accepted as normal in our society, unfortunately.

its because you have Putin and his idiotic poilitics what is treth to whole world peace and hate is because you have huge NS numbers and upporters, they hate ppl from korkuses, from c asia and othe rcoulor ppl, and lot of hate crime happens,
in Europe those nazies also hate gays but we have less such idiots here
----

apos;'
[image]
14.03.2014 - 13:16
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
I live in India

Most people would think that the country where grown men walk down the street holding pinkies, swinging their arms together like a real couple, is quite open to homosexuality, but that's far from the truth.
Most people still don't accept it, but I think there is a decent amount of people who don't care. We're probably as bad as Russia anyway, the fucktards in charge recently made homosexuality a crime again.

Anyway, I don't really care, I think people have a right to choose.
Though, I do dislike people who "act" gay coz they think it's cool and it makes them stand out. I've met people like that here, it's all a show, and I think that's just disgusting.
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
14.03.2014 - 15:45
Leni
Written by Bad English on 14.03.2014 at 12:20

its because you have Putin and his idiotic poilitics what is treth to whole world peace and hate is because you have huge NS numbers and upporters, they hate ppl from korkuses, from c asia and othe rcoulor ppl, and lot of hate crime happens,

idiotic politics - yes, on the on hand. On the other hand - not very civilized society.
So, nazi who hate from Caucases and Asia. i don't support them, of course, but i can explain their attitude to caucasians and asians: some of them can be very dangerous, it's true. They use guns and other weapon, even police fears them. I don't hate them, i'm not nazi and i can't hate people for their nationality, but sometimes they scare me.
And, believe me, there is no threat to whole world piece from Russia) it's ridiculous)) i don't understand, where from these rumours are.
14.03.2014 - 17:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Leni on 14.03.2014 at 15:45

Written by Bad English on 14.03.2014 at 12:20

idiotic politics - yes, on the on hand. On the other hand - not very civilized society.
So, nazi who hate from Caucases and Asia. i don't support them, of course, but i can explain their attitude to caucasians and asians: some of them can be very dangerous, it's true. They use guns and other weapon, even police fears them. I don't hate them, i'm not nazi and i can't hate people for their nationality, but sometimes they scare me.
And, believe me, there is no threat to whole world piece from Russia) it's ridiculous)) i don't understand, where from these rumours are.

But well in europe we had same in 60's 70's in USA to, we need time to change a socety and ppl still ''lives there in ussr'' and besides ortodox christiamity there are strong and its mots ''agresive'' most conservative religiose formation n whole christian church, ppl needs ime to change, Russia is changing but it needs tike, Moscow, Peter, then other areas but it needs time

I mean putin nvasion in Crimea and maybe in Ukraine, if he does it he violate internation laws and it will bring world back to cold war situation .

You need new press
----

apos;'
[image]
14.03.2014 - 20:04
no one
Account deleted
Written by Spirit Molecule on 14.03.2014 at 13:16

I live in India

Most people would think that the country where grown men walk down the street holding pinkies, swinging their arms together like a real couple, is quite open to homosexuality, but that's far from the truth.
Most people still don't accept it, but I think there is a decent amount of people who don't care. We're probably as bad as Russia anyway, the fucktards in charge recently made homosexuality a crime again.

Anyway, I don't really care, I think people have a right to choose.
Though, I do dislike people who "act" gay coz they think it's cool and it makes them stand out. I've met people like that here, it's all a show, and I think that's just disgusting.

i'm very lucky to live where i live and really feel for people living in Russia and india and other country's ruled by selfish wankers, kind of feel helpless

Yeah i don't get why gay guys have to speak in that gay language. I new a gay uni teacher once who talked like a "real genuine kiwi bloke" when teaching, but then put on his gay accent when at home.
14.03.2014 - 22:32
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Being a gay for me is just being attracted to the opposite sex. Faking your voice to sound a female is more accurately described as being annoying.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
14.03.2014 - 23:32
no one
Account deleted
Written by Karlabos on 14.03.2014 at 22:32

Being a gay for me is just being attracted to the opposite sex. Faking your voice to sound a female is more accurately described as being annoying.

yeah well when i think about it, a lot of gay guys i have socialized with seem to go out of there way to be different..you know because there gay....so there opinion is always different...a bit more feminine...a bit more gay ya know...because there gay.... it's all totally different when your gay

no not really, there just another human who happens to be attracted to the same sex, no need to be contrived
18.03.2014 - 11:42
Leni
Written by Ernis on 17.03.2014 at 22:06

The western media... which can be as biased as any other media... In fact, the only threat are those who are deliberately creating panic and sowing seeds of hate and fear. Doesn't depend on the side.

Speaking of Russian nazis and their hatred of immigrants and gays... they are simple idiots with zero education and most probably they've never been truly loved by their parents or received any kind of care or affection... so they vomit their hate and pain on whoever and whatever they can... seeing enemies in everything different is just an outlet...

about western media: I am bored to death with this anti-russian hysterics.

Besides lack of education, there are such important factors as lack of morality and intelligent development.
So, the less person cultivated, the stronger his hatred to the different ones.
18.03.2014 - 13:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ernis on 17.03.2014 at 22:06

The western media... which can be as biased as any other media... In fact, the only threat are those who are deliberately creating panic and sowing seeds of hate and fear. Doesn't depend on the side.

Speaking of Russian nazis and their hatred of immigrants and gays... they are simple idiots with zero education and most probably they've never been truly loved by their parents or received any kind of care or affection... so they vomit their hate and pain on whoever and whatever they can... seeing enemies in everything different is just an outlet...

its not only Rissia, its whole slavic and post communistic space, have you seen Polish, serbian what so ever football teraces and ppl who call them selfs hard core fans ...... same shit aganst all, hate, anti gay, anti what so ever .... E Europe ''has no future'' but other hand, only idiots go there to football, smart ppl stays at home

and many polish hools, and according to media it can be 10 000 hools and ultras there
all has children and they have been raised in acab and hate menthality ;(
----

apos;'
[image]
19.03.2014 - 11:32
Leni
Written by deadone on 19.03.2014 at 00:51

Quote:
Besides lack of education, there are such important factors as lack of morality and intelligent development.

So, the less person cultivated, the stronger his hatred to the different ones.

I'd disagree.

There is an assumption that non-racist, accepting of gays, pro-environment is "civillised." It's not - it's just a set of moral values that is developed through historical circumstance.

Moral values are purely arbitrary.

Remember some of the ancient Greeks actually promoted homosexuality yet women were second class citizens and slaves weren't even that. So were they "civilised" or "uncivilised"?

They were neither - their society merely had rules that were developed due to historical circumstance.

And many cultures today are still completely different despite adaption of modern technology and trappings of modern life.

There was a documentary in Australia a few years back about young gay Malaysian men being sent from Australia back to Malaysia for "de-gaying." They were from middle class, well educated families. However their cultural values show a bias against gays despite their adaptation of modern living.

Who knows what the future will hold - maybe it'll be ok to be gay, pro-environment but at the same time be acceptable to own genetically modified "sub humans" (ala Huxley's Brave New World) as slaves/servants as well as watch gladiatoral style combat between convicted felons.

Can we judge that as civilised/uncivilised? Or would they judge us as uncivilised?

Well, i told about violence and aggression towards people who don't fit in "standard society" (in any countries). This malasian family is well-educated, but Is it civilized? Hardly: due to their narrow-mindedness, they don't know about such things as personal liberty, respect to other way of life. Was that guy "cured"? if not, what was the next step? Euthanasia?
I'm just for rationality and against unnecessary violence.
22.06.2014 - 19:13
Ganondox
I don't see why this is any way an issue. A dude wants to bang other dudes, so what? I like vagina, but I don't care if you like penis. I don't see why people make such a big deal out of it, sexuality is such a small part of someone's identity. I like pizza, some people don't, so what? Also Halford is a beast, 'nuff said.