Metal Storm logo
Dream Theater - New Video Out

With the recent release of the band's 15th studio album A View From The Top Of The World a couple of days ago, Dream Theater are now releasing another music video. The video for "Awaken The Master" is a frenetic, high-definition CGI marvel from long-time collaborator Wayne Joyner. Continuing to challenge themselves as musicians, "Awaken The Master" marks the first recorded use of an eight-string guitar by John Petrucci. The track was the last one recorded for the album and clocks in at 9:47.

"It's the last song we wrote. It’s also the first time I’ve used my eight-string guitar, which was fun for me. Back in the day when we were writing Awake, I'd always wanted to play a seven-string. So, I ordered myself one. I wanted to be inspired again by the instrument without any pre-conception. I used it, and I wrote in my style on the eight-string. It was actually a prototype! "Awaken The Master" purposefully starts with guitar only. John Myung wrote the lyrics. Recently, I heard him say, 'The master was your heart'. He was referring to awakening your heart. It’s one of the heavier songs on the record due to the range of the instrument," explains John Petrucci.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Dream Theater
Posted: 25.10.2021 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 60 users
26.10.2021 - 00:02
JoHn Doe
I don't care for videos, but that is a great song, my favorite from the new album after a couple of listens.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
26.10.2021 - 10:50
Zap
I find it surprising that Petrucci had never used an eight-string before.

Hits total: 1201 | This month: 4