Metal Storm logo
Non-Metal album recommendations 2022

09.01.2022 - 11:33
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia
Title is pretty self explanatory, feel free to recommend whatever as long as it's not metal

New infinity frequencies for the first time in 4 years, and man it's a good one, definitely among their best releases.
24.01.2022 - 23:12
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
New Parov Stelar stuff seems promising
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
26.01.2022 - 11:07
gavdann
Well I don't know about anyone else but I'm looking forward to the new Fontaines DC album. I think they along with Idles represent the best of UK indie-rock/pop at the moment.

I also really like the new Yard Act album if anyone has a hankering for something that sounds like a mix of The Fall and Pulp.
21.02.2022 - 15:19
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Nice electroswing thing:
----
- Reimu Hakurei
26.02.2022 - 21:15
IronAngel
Very happy about the new Pintandwefall album, surprisingly fuzzy and classy. Pretty much grew up with them since high school (they're about my age and friends of friends, of friends at most), seen them live sporadically over the last 14 years, so it's always nice to hear new stuff. They've gone from dumb garage pop-rock to experimental pop to this:
26.02.2022 - 23:30
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by IronAngel on 26.02.2022 at 21:15

Very happy about the new Pintandwefall album

Wow, this is really good.
----
- Reimu Hakurei
16.03.2022 - 09:14
Deadsoulman
Elite
Well, I sure wasn't expecting to enjoy a Tears For Fears album in 2022, but there you go...

01.04.2022 - 23:12
Drippy.Hippie

----
What is the difference between the man who fools you from the pulpit, and the other man who fools you from the platform?
Both of them seek to obtain power over you - To rule your mind, control your property interests or labor power.
02.04.2022 - 22:49
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
New Parov Stelar song:

Such a bop. Can't wait for the next full
----
- Reimu Hakurei
08.04.2022 - 01:13
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
A whole album of Hatsune Miku singing pop oldies:
----
- Reimu Hakurei
11.04.2022 - 21:33
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Welp, this is big stuff.
To put it lightly this was my most anticipated full length of the year.

----
- Reimu Hakurei
15.04.2022 - 23:30
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Yey, new Danz song:

----
- Reimu Hakurei
24.06.2022 - 00:36
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Woah, somehow I missed out on the new Suiyoubi No Campanella album
To be fair I've listened to most of the songs since they released them as singles, but still a great album, as always
----
- Reimu Hakurei
21.07.2022 - 12:42
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia
New BDN did not disappoint, always top quality stuff. Last track especially is great.
15.08.2022 - 23:33
Vombatus
Potorro
Not an album, just a random cover. Dueil Angoisseus is probably one of my favorite tracks ever (both the demo and album versions). Here we have a strange take yet awesome, just like covers should be. Need a full album of this.

(starts 1:28)

The smiley face on the cover says it all.
19.08.2022 - 01:10
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia
New Mass Of The Fermenting Dreggs!!!!
And it's fucking awesome, they never miss

19.08.2022 - 04:17
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Oh I didnt know mass of the fermenting drags had a bc page. Japanese bands always seem to not have it for some reason...
----
- Reimu Hakurei
30.08.2022 - 23:29
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia

Really really good Chinese post-punk album
01.09.2022 - 19:57
IronAngel
Haven't bothered posting most of the stuff I add to my 2022 list, since it's there anyway, but some recent recs:

Shoebill is some hilarious dancecore/mashcore, taking 90s and 00s pop tunes through a breakcore filter:

The Broadcast archival album, Maida Vale Sessions, has some takes that are better than the studio versions. Most of it has been available somewhere before, but it works surprisingly well as an album:

And another archival release, the (apparently legendary) Japanese pyschedelic and noise rock act Les Rallizes Dénudés never released a studio album in their long career (late 60s to late 90s), but The OZ Tapes is basically a live studio session that's pretty much it. Very laid back stuff, obviously of The Velvet Underground generation and probably also an influence on Fishmans etc.

16.09.2022 - 23:18
IronAngel
New Rina Sawamaya is pretty solid basic pop, not terribly exciting but does the job. I really like this song though, nice eurodance vibes:
25.09.2022 - 08:51
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia

For my speedcore fans, new Coakira EP and it's an absolute banger
25.09.2022 - 17:26
JoHn Doe
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
01.10.2022 - 11:32
IronAngel
New Björk dropped yesterday. Not disappointed at all. I sort of skipped Vulnicura, was busy when it came out, so apart from that one this is the best new Björk album since forever (I've heard them on release since Volta).

01.10.2022 - 18:13
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
I've never really been a fan of Ruben Wijlacker's metal bands (Grey Aura, Mindroth, Folkstorm), but his project IJdelheid offers everything I ever wanted to find in dark folk. Beautiful stuff, really.
Fans of early Antimatter and Soord/Renkse's Wisdom Of Crowds should definitely check this out.

----
signatures = SPAM
29.10.2022 - 08:43
IronAngel
New Natalia Lafourcade dropped yesterday. No traditional songs this time, back to her original singer-songwriter stuff, but she has clearly matured from the slightly twee folk pop of 2015 to grounded, jazzy chamber folk.

May turn out to be a contender for AOTY on further listens, feels like an album that keeps growing. This is not nearly the best track, much bouncier than most, but the one that turned up on YouTube:
01.11.2022 - 15:40
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Jamming to the new Psydoll:

----
- Reimu Hakurei
23.01.2023 - 22:31
Vombatus
Potorro
Checking out lots of random dungeon synth. Lots of great stuff, digging Ancient Iron quite a bit:

The Black Marsh for ambient/drone: