Metal Storm logo
Foo Fighters

16.09.2007 - 13:37
Nixx
Account deleted
To say the least, I was very amazed to see that Foo Fighters didn't have their own topic in this forum, considering how much they did for rock in the 90ies, and I thought now would be a good time to create a thread, considering their release of a new album.

Their hit song "The Pretender" really got to me(like most Foo Fighters) where Dave (again!) did a great job with the lyrics, and wrote a song I can really connect to.

So, what do people think of the death-metal loving Dave Grohl, and the rest of the Foo Fighters?
16.09.2007 - 21:59
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
The Foo Fighters was one of first bands I really got into religiously back in the day...their first three albums are really good but now I think they're putting out music just to put out music...
17.09.2007 - 01:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
When I was young i like them now dunno, because somehow its not my type o musicm but if some video be in TV its better how My Chamichal Romance, so this is not good band but not bad too
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.09.2007 - 00:58
CollisionInMind
Account deleted
I gotta say, I really like The Pretender. I'm not a fan of the band in general, but if they come on the radio I don't turn them off most of the time.
22.09.2007 - 14:55
Baz Anderson
Staff
I've not heard anything from any new stuff.. but I used to really like them - "The Colour And The Shape" I think would still entertain me greatly now.. that album was amazing
still - I've not shown any interest for a long time. "One By One" was my last album from them..
22.09.2007 - 15:27
Deadsoulman
Elite
I've never got as far as getting a whole album from these guys, but I must say I really liked all the songs I've heard on the radio or seen on the tv. Seems to be a very good rock band

@K7: Man, you keep making this mistake, it's better than something, not better how something
22.09.2007 - 21:01
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
In Your Honour was a great album (well, the first disc was, the second wasnt my cup of tea). They have a knack for making honest, powerful rock music.
25.09.2007 - 00:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
That video Mintols The Fresch Fighters ?? what was a title of it?
----

apos;'
[image]
25.09.2007 - 08:09
Syk
myspace/bonerama
That one's called Big Me - I don't like it much, in fact I think it's pretty annoying. I used to be a casual fan, Everlong and All My Life are truly great songs and there's a bunch of other good ones but they seemed to get soft, boring and generic from Honor onwards. I really hate the song Resolve, it's so stupid...
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
25.09.2007 - 10:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Syk on 25.09.2007 at 08:09

That one's called Big Me - I don't like it much, in fact I think it's pretty annoying. I used to be a casual fan, Everlong and All My Life are truly great songs and there's a bunch of other good ones but they seemed to get soft, boring and generic from Honor onwards. I really hate the song Resolve, it's so stupid...

IMO that and where thay are in plain are best videos of band
----

apos;'
[image]
25.09.2007 - 18:48
Warman
Erotic Stains
My mom is a fan, I don't like them though. Think it's pretty boring and... well, not my style really. :
----
25.09.2007 - 18:53
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Warman on 25.09.2007 at 18:48

My mom is a fan, I don't like them though. Think it's pretty boring and... well, not my style really. :

I agree that they are boring (I would even leave out the "pretty") This sort of music I usually enjoy, but the way Foo Fighters plays it it is soooo safe and without any bite whatsoever.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.09.2007 - 19:57
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
The only reason they play it safe is so that they can appeal to all the adolescent teeny bop kiddies...you know you're safe and shitty when parents like you...Grohl has severely lost his way and needs another Nirvana-type band
07.10.2007 - 12:28
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I don't like them that much actually. Most of their songs dont appeal to me.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
07.10.2007 - 12:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 07.10.2007 at 12:28

All songs are same , like same guitar its like Nicklebeck lol tahy are EMO
Never cant listend Foo Fighters
----

apos;'
[image]
07.10.2007 - 13:16
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Bad English on 07.10.2007 at 12:44

lol Nickelbeck is very bad too in the sense that they are repetitive yes. Thats the problem with those bands.
----

My Instagram
07.10.2007 - 13:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 07.10.2007 at 13:16

lol Nickelbeck is very bad too in the sense that they are repetitive yes. Thats the problem with those bands.

Some nickleback lyrics are good IMO better hwo foo Fighters and IMO its now days metal who repeates all time sone song(BUT THOSE BANDS ARE NOT METAL)
----

apos;'
[image]
07.10.2007 - 16:01
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Bad English on 07.10.2007 at 13:31

Written by BloodTears on 07.10.2007 at 13:16

Some nickleback lyrics are good IMO better hwo foo Fighters and IMO its now days metal who repeates all time sone song(BUT THOSE BANDS ARE NOT METAL)

Rock bands are repetitive, metal bands are repetitive, we get that in every genre.
----

My Instagram
12.12.2008 - 22:22
Elio
Red Nightmare
true they are really boring...but I like some songs though, and as jupitreas the first CD of "In Your Honor"
Learn to Fly is great, I love the presence of Jack Black in their videos too.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
23.12.2008 - 04:35
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by Elio on 12.12.2008 at 22:22

true they are really boring...

Yeah, they keep getting more boring and more generic on every new album...they stopped being good in my opinion in 2001ish...
02.01.2009 - 06:40
Kanto
I like this band, the songs In your honor, Best of you or Everlong, hell...i shouted them everyday. But they have also some crappy songs, like that one ehm...Long road to ruin? never liked it; also some of their songs are kinda boring (like some of you have already said), but at the end I still like them , is a cool rock band
----
...Dude.
03.01.2009 - 18:52
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Their best album in my opinion is The Color And The Shape...the best songs come off of that one...just a good progression of rock songs from beginning to end...
20.02.2009 - 07:18
FOOCK Nam
I think I like Best Of You, but for others they dont appeal me.
04.01.2010 - 05:11
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Not a huge fan either. Like some of Nickelback works more than Dave Grohl here

Some albums like ''The Color and the Shape'' and the latest one ''Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace'' are simply pure shit.

Only ''One By One'' and ''In Your Honor'' have a couple of very good songs, that by themselves worth the album.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
04.01.2010 - 15:58
Immortal
I do like a couple of their songs but that's as far as it goes. As a band I vehemently dislike them.
----
"Hope is the greatest of all evils, for it prolongs the torment of man." - Friedrich Nietzsche
04.01.2010 - 18:11
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Elio on 12.12.2008 at 22:22

true they are really boring...but I like some songs though, and as jupitreas the first CD of "In Your Honor"
Learn to Fly is great, I love the presence of Jack Black in their videos too.

Seems Dave Grohl and Jack Black are close friends.. Jack Black appeared on Probot as guest vocalist, and Dave Grohl performed some tracks as drummer for Tenacious D and of course did funny vocals on Bleezeboss..
22.01.2010 - 06:35
FOOCK Nam
Skin & Bone I love 'em.
10.02.2010 - 08:43
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by Immortal on 04.01.2010 at 15:58

As a band I vehemently dislike them.

Interesting...and what exactly makes you so passionately angry about their music?
24.12.2010 - 15:54
JD
Account deleted
Not that good, but i like 4 songs maybe
20.01.2011 - 05:00
JCJen7
Their first 3 albums are absolute masterpieces in my opinion. Foo Fighters (the album) is very fun, while The Colour and the Shape is possibly in my top ten albums of all time. I don't know why, but even the obviously intro-only track "Doll" just clicks with me. There Is Nothing Left To Lose is also very solid. It isn't as aggressive as their first two albums, but it is very good stuff. In the last decade, they have only released a couple good songs in my opinion. I mean, the albums they release are OK the first time through, but they seem to just hit me as way too calculated rock. When Dave wants to rock out, and rights All My Life, Best of You, Cheer Up Boys..., or The Pretender, they are a very enjoyable band. However, they fill out their albums with so many acoustic ballads that honestly, can't even shine the shoes of their stuff from the 90's, that I can't listen to their new albums front-to back (or however you're supposed to listen to albums) anymore.

On the bright side, the Foo Fighters are set to release a new album this spring. and this may be just the hopeful Foo-fan inside me, but I think it's going to be a good one. When they first started recording, Dave Grohl said that this was going to be the heaviest FF album yet, that it was going to be recorded in his garage, and completely analog. Yes, I know this is Dave Grohl just trying to get some hype going, but it can't all be a lie can it? And on top of that, they have released two samples of songs from their upcoming album. The first was simply a 10 second video with a heavy fast riff, and Dave Grohl screaming his lungs out, and the second was a building riff, and the last couple seconds was another huge loud riff, with Dave yelling "THESE ARE YOUR FAMOUS LAST WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORDS". They both sound heavier than anything they have released so far. And, another source who heard the album in advance said something to the affect of "There is absolutely no acoustic guitar here".

So, moral of the story, Foo Fighters are a good band, but have gotten kind of lame in the last decade. However, all things seem to be pointing to a strong album coming out in a few months.
----
This is my sig, respect it. Please.

CHECK THESE OUT