Metal Storm logo
Sites like Metal Storm for other Genres

24.08.2022 - 22:40
illumipony
Does anyone here know of sites similar to metal storm but for other music genres?
This website has sort of become my gold standard, not just for metal but music in general, I'd love to know if there are others out there like it.
25.08.2022 - 08:17
IronAngel
You mean a combination of news and articles, ratings and band profiles, and a discussion board? I can't think of one that would combine all those features. For ratings and community content across genres, I frequent rateyourmusic.com, and for classical music, talkclassical.com is a very good forum.

MS is very old-fashioned, I guess most user-generated content is now on Reddit and such.
26.08.2022 - 15:55
I cant find good rap hiphop database webzine n stuff like Metalstorm, M-a, metal still number 1 music I bow and concur.
13.09.2022 - 15:17
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Man I wish there was a site like this for jpop/jrock/j music in general, that would be cool
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
16.09.2022 - 21:43
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Rateyourmusic.com is a great database I used to rate and catalog non-metal releases.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
08.11.2022 - 02:24
VileVick-Bryant
The close you'll get is probably Sputnikmusic.com. Even though it's not really a site for just metal.
08.11.2022 - 17:15
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff
Just use metal storm and quietly move the threshold of what counts as a metal band.
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
20.11.2022 - 08:23
Metal Rasputin
Progarchives all the way, there's literally everything from "kinda there" prog bands to all sorts of experimental black metal stuff, lots of great reviews, forum, large user base, etc. I must have discovered at least half of my favourite artists and albums through that site alone.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!
20.11.2022 - 09:45
JoHn Doe
Written by Metal Rasputin on 20.11.2022 at 08:23

Progarchives all the way, there's literally everything from "kinda there" prog bands to all sorts of experimental black metal stuff, lots of great reviews, forum, large user base, etc. I must have discovered at least half of my favourite artists and albums through that site alone.

I second that.
Are you a user there? Or just lurking?
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
20.11.2022 - 10:01
Metal Rasputin
Written by JoHn Doe on 20.11.2022 at 09:45

Just lurking.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!
20.11.2022 - 10:02
JoHn Doe
Written by Metal Rasputin on 20.11.2022 at 10:01

Written by JoHn Doe on 20.11.2022 at 09:45

Just lurking.

----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
20.11.2022 - 10:15
Doom-metal.com
20.11.2022 - 17:20
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by MetalstomCrimina on 20.11.2022 at 10:15
Doom-metal.com

Nothing against doom-metal.com. This time-honoured webzine has been around since forever and I've always found it kind of reassuring that, aside from a few months of inactivity, they never completely disappeared.

Still, I wouldn't recommend the site to anyone today, just like I wouldn't recommend a VHS tape to anyone these days. I mean, doom is supposed to be sloooow, but only 6 reviews in 2022 is a bit meager even by their standards. Besides, their "featured debut" is by now three years old and their current "album of the month" is from 2018...

I'm sorry to say that, but doom-metal.com seems to be as dead as a dodo.
----
signatures = SPAM
21.11.2022 - 08:06
Written by Starvynth on 20.11.2022 at 17:20

Written by MetalstomCrimina on 20.11.2022 at 10:15
Doom-metal.com

Nothing against doom-metal.com. This time-honoured webzine has been around since forever and I've always found it kind of reassuring that, aside from a few months of inactivity, they never completely disappeared.

Still, I wouldn't recommend the site to anyone today, just like I wouldn't recommend a VHS tape to anyone these days. I mean, doom is supposed to be sloooow, but only 6 reviews in 2022 is a bit meager even by their standards. Besides, their "featured debut" is by now three years old and their current "album of the month" is from 2018...

I'm sorry to say that, but doom-metal.com seems to be as dead as a dodo.

Yeah, agreed, I just like searching doom bandlist from that site.