Metal Storm logo
Sun Bathing

22.06.2023 - 17:11
Hey Metalstormers, lets discuss this!.
Ive seen with you guys too seeing a lot of people sunbath in beach. I know Western people and American and Latin American liking sun bath for having brown strong and sexy skin. I knowledgely know that all. I dont know if exposed to sun light is good for health ?, as far as i research, they say exposed to sun light aftet 4 pm is good, for vitamin d and melatonin, but if you exposed to sun light before 4pm you can get skin cancer. A lot of saying cold shower is good, how about sunbathing ? One thing i dont understand beside brown skin any thing else why Western ppl do sun bath or sun exposer, cuz in Asia they dont do sunbath much.

Ok so help me discuss this:
1. Do you ever do sun bathing, how do you feel, health, influence..
2. Why do you do sun bath, how Western science recommend about it
3. Any true risk or true good effect, like skin cancer or else good for health from sunbath

Well, me, i do a lot of cold shower in winter, but cant stand hot summer, i must use air conditioner. But when seeing this video, this man do sun bath before 4pm 5 hours a day and very strong, i change my mind, want to research sun bath more. Help me, discuss this.

video
29.03.2024 - 13:27
Joppe
Steelemeister
I think more good than harm.

1. I do sun bathing on beaches and while doing some chores like chopping the wood; generally I'm outdoors a lot in the sun during the spring and the summer.
2. The I idea of it, at the beginning of spring and summer, is to get used to the sunlight after when there is none or very little during winter. So you expose to it with a pale skin gradually, so your skin will produce melanin, aka tan, which will protect you in the future from the sunlight when it gets stronger.
3. I guess there is the UV-B radiation that is known to cause cancer in skin (known by other parties, I have no experience of it myself). Vitamin D is of course is beneficial for the organism, and while it's called a vitamin, according to my research. it acts like more of a hormone that works for the benefit of the human organism. So I don't advice anyone to get burnt, but you know, avoiding the sunlight is pretty ridiculous attempt.

I do cold showers here in Finland too during winter. In winter it can be called a cold shower, at summer it's just cool, same temperature as in lakes basically.
----
My vision is augmented
29.03.2024 - 18:11
Metal Rasputin
1. I never sit down and just sun bath, it's usually some sport or doing something useful outside when it's nice and sunny.
2. Sun light is vital, human body needs it and my body especially reacts easily to the changes in lightness. During the sunny season I could do heavy sports every day with minimal rest, when in turn during winter it's difficult to stay awake. Adrenaline, testosterone, etc. you know.
3. Back when my grandparents were young people thought sunburns were hot, because that meant they worked hard. Every now and then people got burned on purpose just to get respect. I know it could cause skin cancer, UV radiation and stuff.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!