04. Sehraff
05. Sword Swallower
06. Sister In Black
07. The Devil’s Tongue
08. Queen Of Hearts
09. Dig Deeper
10. Lunar Assailant

Additional info
Produced by Hannes Grossmann and Linus Klausenitzer.
Mixed and mastered by Hannes Grossmann at Mordor Sounds Studio, Germany.

Artwork and paintings by Nino Andaresta.
Album Layout by Heresie Studio.

Concept inspiration by the German book "Die Sphinx" from Emil Besetzny.

Found in 8 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 73 users
08.10.2023 - 02:42
Nejde
CommunityManager
First we got a new Alkaloid album and now this within three weeks. It's like christmas came twice already. In other words, if you like ex prog you're in for a treat. This album really highlights how good of a bass player Klausenitzer is. We definitely need more bass driven metal. One of the best albums of the year.
10.10.2023 - 11:16
Rating: 7
musclassia
Staff
Written by Nejde on 08.10.2023 at 02:42

First we got a new Alkaloid album and now this within three weeks. It's like christmas came twice already. In other words, if you like ex prog you're in for a treat. This album really highlights how good of a bass player Klausenitzer is. We definitely need more bass driven metal. One of the best albums of the year.

I quite like the first song, but I found myself losing interest a bit afterwards, bar a few exceptions (Sister In Black) - on the whole I'd say it's a tier below Alkaloid/Obscura when it comes to this circle of musicians
10.10.2023 - 11:35
Nejde
CommunityManager
Written by musclassia on 10.10.2023 at 11:16

I quite like the first song, but I found myself losing interest a bit afterwards, bar a few exceptions (Sister In Black) - on the whole I'd say it's a tier below Alkaloid/Obscura when it comes to this circle of musicians

Occassionally it does sound a bit like "Alkaloid light" but to me that's not a bad thing at all, quite the opposite. But then again, I'm a big fan of all members of Alkaloid so maybe I'm a bit biased when it comes to their solo albums and related bands
04.01.2024 - 08:47
Rating: 8
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
This is an impressive album I must say. It's very well crafted and there's some great musicianship skills on display, especially the lead guitar work and excellent use of fretless bass. "King Of Hearts", "Sister In Black", and "Dig Deeper" are probably the main stand-out tracks for me overall though. I actually prefer this to Alkaloid's latest release, I find it somewhat more melodic.
28.03.2024 - 18:34
Rating: 7
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Finally got around to listening to this. Some parts (not full songs) really grab my attention, but most of it is slightly above average prog/tech death, occasionally dipping into some "amateur" sounding riffs. I guess Linus is a bassist after all, so it makes sense that the guitar riffs don't reach top-tier Alkaloid/Obscura/Noneuclid-level riffage.

Hits total: 701 | This month: 10