04. Planetary Mortuary
05. Surface Of A Dead World
06. Grieving Winds
07. Fleshwalker
08. Escape Artist
09. Breeding Hysterics

Additional info
Released via Listenable Insanity Records
Recorded, mixed, and mastered by Jeramie Kling and Taylor Nordberg at Smoke & Mirrors Productions in Spring Hill, Florida
Artwork by Dan “Babe Ruth” Goldsworthy

Found in 2 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 6   Visited by: 68 users
03.03.2024 - 03:46
thebenfo
Whoa. I wasn't expecting to see these guys still kicking.
----
These are my opinions. You're welcome to discard them.

Find out more of my thoughts on Forgemaster Metal www.youtube.com/@forgemastermetal
29.03.2024 - 12:36
Rating: 9
BCI
I've always had a soft spot for these guys so I am a little biased. I much prefer their flavor of melodeath rather than Insomnium and the like.
This reminds me a lot of Gifts for the Obsessed which one of my all time favorite albums.
Melodeath AOTY candidate for sure
----
Black Crown Initiate have ruined a lot of bands for me...
31.03.2024 - 11:41
Rating: 8
ChrisWinther94
I sense a "new wave of melodic death metal" that put focus on blasting beats, and heavy melodic riffing instead of melancholic atmosphere. It sounds very inspired by the early swedish scene, last year gave us a majestic debut from American "Majesties" and this year the U.S and the A, bring another great band to the table.

Right down my lane. The guitars sound nearly perfect, reminds me of early Dismember and At the Gates!

A nice pick for any melodeath fan

Top Releases of 2024
31.03.2024 - 16:50
Rating: 7
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
This is some super catchy songwriting even by melodeath standards. I can't believe I've never listened to this band before they kinda sound like Amon Amarth meets In Flames, so not totally original or anything mind-blowing by any means, but is still pretty cool to hear.
31.03.2024 - 20:23
Rating: 9
BCI
Written by AndyMetalFreak on 31.03.2024 at 16:50

This is some super catchy songwriting even by melodeath standards. I can't believe I've never listened to this band before they kinda sound like Amon Amarth meets In Flames, so not totally original or anything mind-blowing by any means, but is still pretty cool to hear.

Try A Gift for the Obsessed, it's an amazing album filled with catchy riff goodness. A Gift for the Obsessed is a blast
----
Black Crown Initiate have ruined a lot of bands for me...
31.03.2024 - 20:33
Rating: 7
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
Written by BCI on 31.03.2024 at 20:23

Try A Gift for the Obsessed, it's an amazing album filled with catchy riff goodness. A Gift for the Obsessed is a blast

I'll give that album a listen, thanks for the recommendation

Hits total: 889 | This month: 172