Metal Storm logo
Battlelore - Band Explains Tour Cancellation

Tomi Mykkänen, Battlelore's male vocalist, issued the following explaining the reasons for canceling the December tour with Korpiklaani:

"As many of the venues already listed us as the support for the small upcoming tour with Korpiklaani, it's appropriate to tell you guys here that our part on that tour got canceled. We are VERY sorry about that. It would have been excellent and fucken brilliant to finally tour at least a bit in UK. Not to dismiss Germany or Netherlands in any way, it would have been great to meet all the old friends and possible new ones there too! Also having "a few" beers with KL-guys during the tour would probably have been very pleasant, though hurtful afterwards, experience. Well, what can you do? Maybe next time?
And to add, the band is not responsible for the cancellation."

Late in November Korpiklaani announced on their myspace page that Battlelore can not accompany them on their December tour.

Here are the dates for Korpiklaani's European tour during December as stated on their myspace page:

14.12.2007 Alte Brauerei, Annaberg Germany
15.12.2007 Illipse, Illingen Germany
16.12.2007 Matrix, Bochum Germany
17.12.2007 maybe in France or other cool country, venue TBA
18.12.2007 Rio's, Leeds United Kingdom '
19.12.2007 Thatched House, Manchester United Kingdom
20.12.2007 Cathouse, Glasgow Scotland
21.12.2007 Bierkeller, Bristol United Kingdom
22.12.2007 Baroeg, Rotterdam Netherlands

Source: battlelore.net
Band profile: Battlelore
Event: Korpiklaani
Posted: 10.12.2007 by Bararey

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 1 user
10.12.2007 - 19:40
Asitis
What kind of explanation is that?! It says nothing about the "why" else then "the band is not responsible for the cancellation"

Who is?!
----
The silent moment, right before the dusk fades away
I open my eyes, but the darkness stays
10.12.2007 - 21:47
Carrion
Account deleted
Yeah it was just pretty much an "I'm sowwy" than anything that would explain the cancellation. Well I could guess that it has something to do with the organizers, but I'm just guessing...
11.12.2007 - 01:09
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Elite
It could be the organizer or the promoter, but at least the band spoke out, I have been waiting for an explanation too, I wanted to see them live and England would have been the best place and timing wise,,, but I guess that would never happened this year. And this is the second cancellation for Battlelore, the other one was with After Forever, but once again, it was not the band's fault either, just a bad end of yr I guess.
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
16.12.2007 - 20:25
Iceland_Norway
It te same thing also for me about Battlelore, It's incredible that Korpiklaani will Play and Battlelore Not. I think that Battlelore want Updated Audio in the locals where will go to play Korpiklaani.
----
Føroyar mítt land

Tú alfagra land mítt

Føroyar mín Móðir

Hits total: 2908 | This month: 8