Poll

Who's Your Favorite Sepultura Vocalist?

Max Cavalera
Derrick Green

Total votes: 102
06.12.2009 - 20:03
JD
Account deleted
Sepultura one of my favorite bands, although that Max Cavalera and Derrick Green have a different voices, but for me i like Sepultura with Max, and I really dislike the new thrashcore Sepultura with Green, this is my opinion anyway.... so who's Your favorite Sepultura's vocalist?
06.12.2009 - 20:19
terrorist
Well max is better by some standards but i think derrcik have pontential too.Best album with derrick for me would be Roorback.And max was on the top with his voice when roots came out.
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related
06.12.2009 - 20:29
pazuzuovbabel
Pazuzu
U kiddin riteeeeeeeee .. MAX ONE OF THE BEST VOCALISTS IN METAL ,, not just whose best for sepultura ..
06.12.2009 - 20:30
Deadsoulman
Elite
I don't think Max Cavalera has an amazing voice. He's actually way too one-dimensional as a singer, he is always on one range of screams, one range of emotions. I believe Derrick Greene is much more competent and versatile, and his voice probably fits newer Sepultura better than Cavalera would.

I guess that what a lot of people miss is not Cavalera's voice per se, but more the Sepultura era his vocals are attached to.
06.12.2009 - 20:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
No doubt Max , but it depends in what albums, I moustly like from ''Morbid Visions'' till ''Chaos A.D'', I dunno but I use to like ''Roots'' at age 14, 16 but leithe rno, still my fav album is ''Beneth The Remainds''

I dunno much Greeb vorks, but what I have hear I didnt like it. because they change lil style, if they play old school Sepulture he be good at in
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.12.2009 - 21:02
thesabbathfan
I can't stand Sepultura after Roots.

Max is the best.
----
06.12.2009 - 22:20
Marfere
Written by pazuzuovbabel on 06.12.2009 at 20:29

U kiddin riteeeeeeeee .. MAX ONE OF THE BEST VOCALISTS IN METAL ,, not just whose best for sepultura ..

Yeah this must be a joke. Max Cavalera is the best.
06.12.2009 - 22:27
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Max. Even though Derrick is technically better, and can sing, unlike Max
06.12.2009 - 22:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Deadsoulman on 06.12.2009 at 20:30

I don't think Max Cavalera has an amazing voice. He's actually way too one-dimensional as a singer, he is always on one range of screams, one range of emotions. I believe Derrick Greene is much more competent and versatile, and his voice probably fits newer Sepultura better than Cavalera would.

Ok Maybe he has not best voice , but albums where he was singer are more trupical Sepulture, we all know Sepulture because of early albums, and this case he was vocalist and made those albums even hiw voice was not good, Green might fit here better whit his voice, well Sepulture shood realise something like in 80's whit Green it might be super album
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.12.2009 - 23:07
Deadsoulman
Elite
Written by Bad English on 06.12.2009 at 22:53

Written by Deadsoulman on 06.12.2009 at 20:30

Ok Maybe he has not best voice , but albums where he was singer are more trupical Sepulture, we all know Sepulture because of early albums, and this case he was vocalist and made those albums even hiw voice was not good, Green might fit here better whit his voice, well Sepulture shood realise something like in 80's whit Green it might be super album

The poll is about who is the best vocalist, not about who did the best albums. My favourite albums are Arise and Beneath The Remains but I still think that Greene is much better than Cavalera.
06.12.2009 - 23:07
soadbyob
Account deleted
Ill give Derrick some credit, but I only listen to Sepultura with Max, everything else just isnt the same to me
07.12.2009 - 03:55
Marcus
Doit Like Bernie
I personally think green is an awful fit with Sepultura, my favorite parts of newer sepultura songs are when he's not singing. Just my two cents.
07.12.2009 - 09:01
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Max, obviously. Sure, he has no range, but he's always been one of my favorite vocalists for some unknown reason. Derrick is just weak with whatever he does - his growls are just too uncovincing.

You aren't more versatile if you suck at every different type of vocal attribute you try. The notes he attempts or whatever while clean-singing are flat and his growls are weak.
07.12.2009 - 09:14
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Voted for Derrick Greene here for the exact saem reasons Collin stated, but my favourite Sepultura albums are still Beneath The Remains and Arise by far.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.12.2009 - 09:19
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Derrick's voice resembles the laid-back, retroaggressive music Sepultura has made since he became a member. I can understand people criticizing Max's technique, which really isn't anything special at all, but I love it and it works with the music perfectly, especially live versions of their classic material. I'm not saying I'm voting for Max because Beneath the Remains rules or anything, but Derrick's voice is just filler to me, without adding anything worthwhile to anything they've written lately. His voice can be replaced no problem, while Max's cannot.
07.12.2009 - 14:24
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Max Cavalera as my vote! D. Green is getting is ass kicked, is new thrashcore(or something like that) Sepultura sucks, Max is Sepultura!
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
07.12.2009 - 15:57
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by SlaytallicA on 07.12.2009 at 14:24
Max is Sepultura!

This is exactly the reason why the other Seps fired their manager (Max's wife) which led to Max leaving the band. They didn't like her handling of the band, said they were being made to look like a back-up band, and that Sepultura was Max. I don't really agree that "Max is Sepultura" because Sepultura without Max was better than Soulfly. Although I really enjoyed much of the last Soulfly album, which was more like Sepultura, than any of Soulfly's other albums!
07.12.2009 - 16:49
_HIV_
My vote goes to max cavalera! and cant realy compare soulfly with sepultura becouse they are way different! as for D.Green hes a good vocalist ... i just dont see him in sepultura :S
07.12.2009 - 19:51
JD
Account deleted
Written by Marcus on 07.12.2009 at 03:55

I personally think green is an awful fit with Sepultura, my favorite parts of newer sepultura songs are when he's not singing. Just my two cents.

Agreed.
07.12.2009 - 22:30
Warman
Erotic Stains
The result doesn't surprise me at all. But I actually prefer Green as a vocalist, I do. Sure, Sepultura was a better band with Max writing songs and such. But I love Green's vocals, think they fit Sepultura's music perfectly and believes that he is a great frontman too.

The fact that I discovered Sepultura when they opened up for In Flames four years ago and that the first album I bought by them was "Dante XXI" may affect my choice a tiny bit.
----
08.12.2009 - 01:34
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Written by Angelic Storm on 07.12.2009 at 15:57

This is exactly the reason why the other Seps fired their manager (Max's wife) which led to Max leaving the band. They didn't like her handling of the band, said they were being made to look like a back-up band, and that Sepultura was Max. I don't really agree that "Max is Sepultura" because Sepultura without Max was better than Soulfly. Although I really enjoyed much of the last Soulfly album, which was more like Sepultura, than any of Soulfly's other albums!

I don't like Soulfly that much (and I didn't like "Roots" album either, the Max last album) but this "new" Sepultura isn't better then Soulfly, no way! But that's just my opinion... I stop listening Sepultura when I heard the first album with D.G. something was/is missing...
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
08.12.2009 - 04:39
Derwood
Written by Deadsoulman on 06.12.2009 at 23:07

The poll is about who is the best vocalist...

No it's not. The OP clearly asks for favourite, not best.

Written by Deadsoulman on 06.12.2009 at 23:07

My favourite albums are Arise and Beneath The Remains but I still think that Greene is much better than Cavalera.

Greene is a much better vocalist overall, but Max is my favourite with Sepultura. He just fits their sound better.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
09.12.2009 - 12:24
Justice
Green is a good vocal but max is the only suitable vocal for sepultura in my opinion
09.12.2009 - 18:11
Hamird
Lieutenant
My reason for voting for Max Cavalera is that I have a nostalgic feeling about Chaos A.D. and Roots for when I was a kid I listened and sang with him.. Territory and Roots Bloody Roots reminds me good times in childhood..
Derrick Green is not bad, I think his vocals are more capable.. And I think he can sing from Metal to Hip Hop. He changes his voice better and of course he has a better clean vocals than Max Cavalera.
I'm sure that Derrick Green would be able to do vocals on Chaos A.D. or Roots as well, but I doubt if Max Cavalera would be able to sing on Nation album.. Somehow impossible for Max Cavalera to do such things..
11.12.2009 - 18:46
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Max...
He doesn'ät have any special voice at all, it's very one-dimensional. But it's the feeling of pure rage that he has and you can't deny that.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass

Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.

14.12.2009 - 01:53
Megadeth88
Max is a decent vocalist. But the reason why I picked him was because of those killers riffs!

Green has nothing on Max Cavalera when it comes to those riffs. Especially the one from "Lobotomy."

Hail Old Sepultura! m/
15.12.2009 - 15:50
Leonidas
Green is a very skillful vocalist with various techniques and I believe that he's better than Max. But my favorite Sepultura vocalist is Max Cavalera, I can't help it haha!
17.12.2009 - 18:47
LethargyMan
I vote for Wagner Lamounier!
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
19.12.2009 - 22:19
I_Die_Often
Tough call... I will stay neutral
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
20.12.2009 - 03:23
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by X-Ray Rod on 11.12.2009 at 18:46

Max...
He doesn'ät have any special voice at all, it's very one-dimensional. But it's the feeling of pure rage that he has and you can't deny that.

Yes, your point is true.. Sometimes it doesn't need to be something special to make an album good. Chaos A.D. and Roots are two examples of what you say..