Metal Storm logo
Magica

17.05.2006 - 15:09
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
so who is familiar with this awesome symphonic powermetal band hailing from romania?

for those who arent i greatly recommend you to listen to them, Magica is one of the most awesome vocalists, one of the most awesome guitarists and one of the most awesome keyboarders, of powermetal together with a good bassist and a good drummer, both of the two albums this band has released so far are amazing
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
17.05.2006 - 16:04
Daru Jericho
I've only got The Scroll Of Stone album but I like it. I perfer the vocalist's highest vocals to the not-so-high ones. But the guitars and keyboards really compliment each other.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

17.05.2006 - 16:10
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
well all keyboards on that album are done by guestmusicians, although they are quite nice on this album, 6fingers, the (since Lightseeker) current keyboarder is really awesome though, i recommend you to get your hands on Lightseeker aswell if you already liked the keyboard/guitar complimenting on this one
----
17.05.2006 - 16:52
Daru Jericho
Will do. Do you think Lightseeker is better than The Scroll Of Stone?
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

17.05.2006 - 16:53
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
well i think they are both really awesome in their own right, and i thinks its quite hard to compare them,
but (although i needed to think a while on this :p ) i think lightseeker is better
----
19.05.2006 - 02:09
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
One of the worst bands hailing from romania, try M.S. or Voices of Silence for example...
23.05.2006 - 12:52
LeDruide
I don't know about M.S. or Voices of Silence but Magica is a great group. IMO, lightseeker is better than The Scroll Of Stone, more powerful and melodic, and less high vocals. Bittersweet Nightshade is a masterpiece.
09.06.2006 - 09:00
TheKreator
Account deleted
Mountains of Ice is in my opinion Magica's best song...i've been to several of their concerts, and i must say..i wasn't quite so impressed...i liked better, Ana's ( the vocalists') last band ..Interitus Dei
13.06.2006 - 23:03
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I really like'em...wish i would've been to the metal nights V (no-one will go with me ( )I like the scroll of stone,mountains of ice,and the sorcerer(i think it was the song,because it has a really epic spoken part,something like "my child,you need only to ask for my help,and my voice shall penetrate through space and time to reach you".I kinda hate "e magic" i personally find "epic symphonic melodic extreme us neoclassical" ( ) power metal in romanian to be very cheesy and boring(all these stuff about licurici,poiane etc is driving me nuts!!!)
14.06.2006 - 03:21
Deathrash
Account deleted
I got into Magica a while back, I think they are a good band but do get a little bland about half way through an album. Definate protential to release a classic though.
14.06.2006 - 13:05
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by [user id=2267] on 19.05.2006 at 02:09

One of the worst bands hailing from romania

I agree with this. I have listened to one album of Magica. They mostly reminded me of Nightwish. The riffing is just simply annoying. It isn't bad, and sure these guys know how to play the guitars, but it is just annoying to listen to it. And well, the vocalist isn't really that great either. She reminds me too much of Tarja.
10.08.2006 - 10:30
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Recently got into these guys and I cant get enough. 6Fingers is such an awesome keyboardist and has worked his way up as one of my favorites.Romania is a country of interest to me,so I one day went browsing around for Romanian bands and came upon these guys.I enjoy them a lot. The lightseeker album is also quite good!
10.08.2006 - 10:32
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by [user id=2267] on 19.05.2006 at 02:09

One of the worst bands hailing from romania, try M.S. or Voices of Silence for example...

I do not agree with you on Magica but as mentioned in my previous post,Voices of Silence were one of the other bands I found,I unfortunately was very unfortunate and couldn't find anything.Could you give me som suggestions on where I can find some stuff,and what of their stuff is the best to listen to? It would be much appreciated.
10.08.2006 - 16:43
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
http://www.voicesofsilence.ro/audio.htm although I haven't heard them on anything they recorded, only live (their keyboardplayer sucks bigtime). About 6Fingers I can't agree with you, except that I know him personaly, I know the other band he's in Phonopia (a prog band like Dream Theater with one of the wrost vocals ever & damn I know them all) and my impression is that he plays music for retarded kids (that's my oppinion).
10.08.2006 - 22:29
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by [user id=823] on 10.08.2006 at 10:30

6Fingers is such an awesome keyboardist and has worked his way up as one of my favorites

The lightseeker album is also quite good!

he only features on lightseeker,
he isnt on scroll of stone
----
10.08.2006 - 23:49
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Bas on 10.08.2006 at 22:29

6Fingers is such an awesome keyboardist and has worked his way up as one of my favorites

he only features on lightseeker,
he isnt on scroll of stone

Yes I know that,I never said he was on scroll of stone,if you misunderstood me,I am very sorry,maybe my words were misleading,very sorry!
10.08.2006 - 23:56
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
it´s ok
i just thought it was weird how you state how much you like 6fingers and then you say something which points out that you like the album without him much better
----
11.08.2006 - 03:39
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Bas on 10.08.2006 at 23:56

it´s ok
i just thought it was weird how you state how much you like 6fingers and then you say something which points out that you like the album without him much better

I never said anything about him being on scroll of stone,I didnt even mention that album in my first post,so I'd like to know where you see that at.
11.08.2006 - 19:35
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
no i know that you didnt mention him in a direct link with scroll of stone,
i just thought it was weird how you praise him that much and like the album without him better
----
11.08.2006 - 21:53
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Bas on 11.08.2006 at 19:35

i just thought it was weird how you praise him that much and like the album without him better

how could I have done so without even mentioning scroll of stone,I never even mentioned that album,I'm sorry but you are confusing me...
11.08.2006 - 23:25
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by [user id=823] on 11.08.2006 at 21:53

how could I have done so without even mentioning scroll of stone,I never even mentioned that album,I'm sorry but you are confusing me...

sorry, maybe it was a bit unclear,

you are saying that the lightseeker album is ALSO quite good, which implies you were talking about another album first, their only other album though, is scroll of stone, thusly i concluded that you were talking about scroll of stone
----
12.08.2006 - 09:51
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Bas on 11.08.2006 at 23:25

Written by [user id=823] on 11.08.2006 at 21:53

sorry, maybe it was a bit unclear,

you are saying that the lightseeker album is ALSO quite good, which implies you were talking about another album first, their only other album though, is scroll of stone, thusly i concluded that you were talking about scroll of stone

Ohhhhhh no no no thats not what I meant,I meant as an add on as to what I was previously saying,sorry I was unclear,but i meant it as an add on as to what was i previously saying
29.09.2006 - 03:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I hate fieling thay coppy Nighwish, specely vocalist, and guitars its lil better how vocals but i agree whit VenoM_Bm its on of vorts bands from Romania, and dunno but then I better listen Nighwish,
But i had hear ''The Scroll Of Stone'' I like only song ''daca'' it in romanian? what it means?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.09.2006 - 06:12
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
I have the "Scroll of Stone" album only and I like it very much. After the first listen I thought the vocals were horrible and the songs plain... but after listening in the car a few times I really changed my mind. I still find the vocals to be a bit mediocre but the overall effect that the band produces is AMAZING. Lots of room for improvement, yes, but it gets a from me. The songs are either catchy, haunting, or otherwise powerful and the album always leaves me wanting more (and discovering more intricacies each time I listen).

That's the only album I've heard from them so I can't say whether or not I like the band as a whole.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
29.04.2007 - 16:06
LeDruide
Some news of the band : New album is on the way, it' should be released in July, maybe June, and name is Herafter. Also, a video of one of this upcoming album is out, you can find it on the video section of their profile, or on their site for download. According to this video, the new album should be really good.
03.05.2007 - 22:01
Bitch Boy
This band is good, they were clearly influenciated by symphonic power metal bands with female vocals like Nightwish, but in their second album they showed they're capable of more. I think they will do a better job in the future.
05.05.2007 - 11:40
Lupas
Maximus
Wow , there is a new album right now !
i must search for it thanks
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
08.05.2007 - 12:22
Elodie Artour
Slania
Generally,I don't like power metal,but Magica are pretty nice.Some how,the voice of their singer reminds me of Tarja Turunen's one...
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
02.07.2007 - 10:30
Oracle
Orcinus
This band is awesome. where would i get there album? i cant find it anywhere.
22.07.2007 - 08:59
Lupas
Maximus
the new album " Hereafter" is to be released in late Oct 07. Why? I don't know, maybe a big deal with a big label company who knows. Meanwhile you can watch a video from this album
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pBVQBo3rJhA
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy