Metal Storm logo
As I Lay Dying - Guitarist And Drummer Exit The Band

A couple days after bassist Ryan Neff left As I Lay Dying, guitarist Ken Susi and drummer Nick Pierce have now announced their departure as well. Statements from both can be read in full down under.

Statement from guitarist Ken Susi: My time playing with As I Lay Dying has come to an end today. I leave with so much gratitude for everyone who followed and supported me from my days in Unearth to this era of my career. I jumped into the AILD camp with full knowledge of the heightened dramatic history but had a drive to just play great music with great friends.

"Unfortunately, my personal morals have recently been tested to a breaking point, and it's now the saddest ending to what could have been the greatest second chance for this band.

"Ryan Neff is receiving a lot of backlash for stepping down first, and I regret not sharing this decision sooner and standing confidently with my friend -- he's a flawless musician and an even better person.

"I'll miss you all on this stage, and I look forward to seeing you on the next one. Anyone looking for a guitar player? My resume is ready."

Comments Drummer Nick Pierce via his Instagram: "As of now, I am no longer playing drums for As I Lay Dying. This is far from being the ending I anticipated, and I feel I need to distance myself from the band in an effort to retain my personal health and integrity.

"I want to express my deepest gratitude to everyone who followed and supported me throughout this journey. My goal has and always will be to create unforgettable memories with my friends and write music that will truly resonate with our fans. I’m proud of what I’ve accomplished on the road touring, as well as writing and recording drums for the new album.

"Looking ahead, I’m excited to continue my drumming career and pursue what I love most which is making music. My touring and session schedule is now actively open for new opportunities."

Source: instagram.com
Band profile: As I Lay Dying
Posted: Today by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 51 users
Today - 19:19
UPDIRNS
WOW. It sounds like Tim hasn't learned a thing.
Today - 19:19
Cynic Metalhead
Ambrish Saxena
As I Lay Dying is slowly dying and will come to an end very soon.
Today - 19:21
Zariel
I am frankly not familiar with all the drama/controversy surrounding AILD. All I can say after reading this statements is that something is seriously rotten in As I Lay Dying. Three members left already. It will be interesting to hear official statement from the rest of the band about this exodus from their project. Will they attack ex-members or will they admit it is their fault?
Today - 20:05
k@$$3m
Can please someone explain me what's happening with AILD? for what reason three members left already?
----
aka JD
Metalstorm member since 2008
Today - 20:20
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Apparently, the guy that tried to have a hitman kill his wife is kind of a dick.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS

Hits total: 926 | This month: 926