Metal Storm logo
Do you know about my country?

Original post

Posted by Damnated, 17.05.2006 - 17:39
SO, the idea of this tread would be something similar to the late 'The Rest Of The World' s,: say something about your country, where it is, some history, and something you find important saying. I'm going to post about my country, but not right now.
19.05.2006 - 19:27
heresiarch
Forever Dead
Written by Herzebeth on 18.05.2006 at 20:40

everyone knows about Mexico right? at least the location and shit...

well, we are a happy country, uhm...we have hot chicas, we have the best beer and the best tacos ever.

What can I say, I like my country because it has really beautiful places, most people already know about Cancún right? I also love our history, aztec and mayan stuff is really fucking misterious and I love that fact. We don't have white xmass because most times the sun is screwing our states, though half of the states have just a couple of months of snow.

what else? uhm...we are very friendly I guess. we have cool metal bands like Disgorge and The Chasm...Brujeria could fit there as well.

Hehehe that's why I wanna come to Mexico, and oneday I will
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
20.05.2006 - 02:05
Hylia
Well lets see what I can share about Canada,first of all it is a very Multicultural country however all provinces are not.Canadians are often streotyped as drinking a lot of beer,playing hockey and eating poutines which is somewhat true,but which country doesn't! Canada is very sparsly populated compared to a lot of European countries and is the 2nd largest country in the world,for those of you who haven't looked at a map...just kidding guys
20.05.2006 - 16:49
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
@ Torelli I don´t quite buy that winter war thing. Sweden has always turned their back to Finland when we have been in war. Actually my history book says that France and UK wanted to send help for Finland through Sweden, but Sweden refused to let the army through. Maybe there were some volunteers, but I wouldn´t call them many. In the civil side Sweden was helpful though, as they let Finnish people escape the war to Sweden.
----
You'll never walk alone.
20.05.2006 - 16:53
Lupas
Maximus
Malta has it's indipendant day on 21st Sep. We drive like England style, i don't know why but.....
Malta has one of the ancient building of the world, it's a temple built somewhere between 3ooo bc . The climate is like the mediterrean regions, mild winter and hot summer. Infact today is 32C , and its dam hot here. BTW i hate summer , cause summer here begins in may till oct . Plenty of sun days and with winds too. The sea is beautifull . SInce malta is in the middle from europe to africa , many ancient cultures have been here and also thier many tradtions. We have all style traditions, from food like italy and Arab style , our lang is unquie in the world. Consider that only 1M people do know how to speak and written it. It's a mixture from semetic lang and latin and also a bit of eng. lang.WE have no natural resources
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
20.05.2006 - 16:58
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Bosnia And Herzegovina is independet since april '92 verry young country, but at same time verry old one, first that bosnian was mentionet in history was in 10th century it was small repplic near the River called Bosnia,
Bosnia was under lot's concvers otomans, austria then in yugoslavia but now its independent but im sure lots of you here heard for bosnia during the war so u know everything
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
20.05.2006 - 17:49
Torelli
Written by Ernotar on 20.05.2006 at 16:49

@ Torelli I don´t quite buy that winter war thing. Sweden has always turned their back to Finland when we have been in war. Actually my history book says that France and UK wanted to send help for Finland through Sweden, but Sweden refused to let the army through. Maybe there were some volunteers, but I wouldn´t call them many. In the civil side Sweden was helpful though, as they let Finnish people escape the war to Sweden.

Well, the goverment sure did nothing at your situation, but I still claim that the civil voluentiers were many, I don't think that swedish history books contains that much propaganda. My guess is that we were afraid of Sovjet, tha'ts why we didn't let the troups pass. I know, it's quite shameful. It's almost as shameful that we let German trains pass through with convicts that were to be transported to siberian prison camps....
Infact, my country hasn't been so nice in the past either. When the swedish empire was as it larged it contained Norway, Sweden, Finland and parts of Danemark and Russia. and how do you expand once empire? through war of course.
20.05.2006 - 17:52
Alouqua
Account deleted
Colombia: I hope that you have good references of my country but I doubt it. If the only thing that you know is what you see in Hollywood films you might think that we live in the middle of the jungle or that Bogotá (the capital) is a town. That is not true.
So, this is true:
Capital: Bogotá
Official language: Spanish
independence day: 20 Julio.

We have different ethnos like the Wayuu and every ethnos have his own language ( and is a official language in their territory). Also different climate between 13,9°- 27,8º degrees (Bogotá is kind of cold)... I don't know why but it seems that everyone like Football, beer and something we call "Aguardiente" and "Ron"... Beautiful latin woman (not like me ) and I don't know what do you wanna know about my country so ask if you want, but remember my english in not too good, that's why I don't write some history...
By the way, look at this pic:
San Andres...

Bogotá at night

Cartagena...

More pics: http://www.portalcol.com/colombianadas/fotosdecolombia/
And this is the map:

http://unosat.web.cern.ch/unosat/freeproducts/colombia/colombia_conflict_human_dev_admin.jpg
20.05.2006 - 18:13
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
@ Torelli Now that sounds much better... We have a lot to thank for Sweden as many children were taken to Swedish homes during the war time. But not all of them came back... But I´m glad Finland and Sweden co-operate nowadays. Though, I won´t be very glad if both Finland and Sweden make it into the ice hockey final..
----
You'll never walk alone.
20.05.2006 - 18:49
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
Written by [user id=1457] on 19.05.2006 at 18:11

The end of the 18th century has been called Scotland's most creative period. David Hume won world fame in philosophy and history, Adam Smith in political economy, and Robert Burns in poetry. In the next generation Sir Walter Scott made the land and history of Scotland known throughout the world (...)

You know, Daibh, I'm a Physics university student and we worship a Scottish man as the third most important Physicist in history (after Sir Isaac Newton and Albert Einstein). This dude was called James Clerk Maxwell and, according to his biography at Wikipedia, his main phrase in his early years was: What's the go o' that?

Now seriously, I assure you as a Physics student that Maxwell's discoveries were a true revolution in many fields of Physics. Scotland gave us one of the main figures in the analysis of nature.
22.05.2006 - 06:58
Linak
I Own You Bitch

well, we are a happy country, uhm...we have hot chicas, we have the best beer and the best tacos ever.

What can I say, I like my country because it has really beautiful places, most people already know about Cancún right? I also love our history, aztec and mayan stuff is really fucking misterious and I love that fact. We don't have white xmass because most times the sun is screwing our states, though half of the states have just a couple of months of snow.

what else? uhm...we are very friendly I guess. we have cool metal bands like Disgorge and The Chasm...Brujeria could fit there as well.

what else would you like to know about mexico...or what do you already know about Mexico...

Aw, you beat me to it Herz..

But 'nyway! Independence day is September 16th (but its celebrated since the night before bcause supposedly it happened at around 5 am or something, and so it's one of the greatest, wildest nights in Mexico, because EVERYONE gets so drunk, and the meals are incredible, I love everything about that day, so yeah, mexican holidays are so colorful and fun, like for example, we don't celebrate Halloween (some people do though) and instead we have what we call 'Dia de Muertos' which literally translates to 'The Day of the Dead' which is November 1st and 2nd, in these days, people go to their loved ones' graves, I mean graveyard and stuff, and have picnics around them, they light candles, sing songs, and make 'ofrendas' which translates to 'offerings' or something close to that, where the families put on a small altar with a picture of the diseased and they offer his/her's favorite meals, and stuff that remind them of him/her. This holiday is specially beautiful in an area of Morelos called Tepoztlan and also in Ocotepec and Ahuatepec, which are small towns where people make small paths with flowers guiding people from the streets to inside their houses and in exchange of a candle or a small prayer, they give away free food and drinks, I must say... INCREDIBLE food
Nyway, that's a little something I wanted to share
----
Stick this up your fucking pee-aitch-dee.
22.05.2006 - 10:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Hylia on 20.05.2006 at 02:05

Well lets see what I can share about Canada,first of all it is a very Multicultural country however all provinces are not.Canadians are often streotyped as drinking a lot of beer,playing hockey and eating poutines which is somewhat true,but which country doesn't! Canada is very sparsly populated compared to a lot of European countries and is the 2nd largest country in the world,for those of you who haven't looked at a map...just kidding guys

About Canadian hockey thay shoud play bether in WC it was not posible watch how thay play in 1/2 and game for 3th place, spevely that seems thay care only firts, and hope thay wil win some day Russia 12-0

About canada Population, people live near USA border and Vancuver, or me Edmunton seems far to north but if we talking about Yelownife, Whithourse, Macenzi river and stuff well I want sopebd only summer, not winter, then Canadian whisky dont help, but I like this part pf Canada where speek in french, Montreal, Quebeck andb goo Montreal Canadians

@Eddie seems in your are be one more country Cerno Gore? When they get independce of Serbia?
@Alouqua You forgot Paublo Esquobar Cocaine dude, he is in jail or death?
@Linac about Mexico then for Tequilla its best drink in the world :bee2:
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.05.2006 - 01:31
Alouqua
Account deleted
mmm... Pablo Escobar is dead! and about cocaine... I never try it so I don't know if is good... But there are a lot of thing in my country, not just drugs and drug dealers!!
24.05.2006 - 03:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=5217] on 24.05.2006 at 01:31

mmm... Pablo Escobar is dead! and about cocaine... I never try it so I don't know if is good... But there are a lot of thing in my country, not just drugs and drug dealers!!

I know there are some good things, but when Pablo Escobar died?
I newer had trey cocains, but If I shoud choose heroin or cocain, I want cocain.

Haw you ben in Cali? How locks there?
----

apos;'
[image]
24.05.2006 - 03:55
Alouqua
Account deleted
Kariasakis7: No I don't know Cali... I'm kind of far from there...
Pablo Escobar... he died one 2 of December of 1993! more than 10 years ago friend!
24.05.2006 - 04:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Alouqua Realy, how I dont fix that important think Pablo was my idol, when I was young, yes my Idolas was bad guys, like Al Capone and Cossa Nostra and still are, I lobve mafia
But c mon lets talk about Columbian criminal life about cocain gangs and so, after Paople died what left, I think some looser gange just like whit Chicago after Al was sentenced.

Ok from witch town comes Once Calads
----

apos;'
[image]
24.05.2006 - 13:34
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Australia is a pretty friendly place, there is poverty in some rural locations, but most people are well off.
Australia may be the second driest continent on the planet, but that doesnt mean we are a desert, its mainly the central/west that is desert. The Eastern side however, is quite green, we have Rainforests, Mountains (very small), beaches, caves, all of that pleasent stuff to visit.
The culture varies, as we are one of the biggest multicultural countries in the world.
The biggest cultures besides our own are, Asian, Indian and of course New Zealanders. There are many other cultures too, European / Russian probably being the smallest.
Where i live (Northern Suburbia of Sydney), it is the quietest place in the whole of Sydney, there is bushland surrounding my entire suburb and i love where i live.
Like alot of countries, Australia is focused on Sport and Media.
All in all, i like where i live, were isolated from the rest of the world, aways from war, and has a quite laid back nature.
The downside is travelling, costs over a grand just to travel to Asia and back, my flights to Europe and back cost $2000.
25.05.2006 - 20:53
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
@K7: I come from Cali, it's a really great city, the 2nd biggest city of Colombia, with 3 million people, and one of the most beautiful cities here, and tehre are lots of metal too
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
25.05.2006 - 22:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by The Alchemist on 25.05.2006 at 20:53

@K7: I come from Cali, it's a really great city, the 2nd biggest city of Colombia, with 3 million people, and one of the most beautiful cities here, and tehre are lots of metal too

jaja Man you forgot Deportivo and America

In real life I know one guy who is from Cali, he waer America shirt and his name are Alfredo, he has long long hair and lil' bit indian blood, Well we can not talk because he dont know english so good and I dunno spanish
----

apos;'
[image]
26.05.2006 - 00:35
Krysling
Account deleted
Russia....Vodka, pickled cucumbers, shitty music, Lenin, Stalin, balalaika, borsch, poverty, War&Peace, Syberia...
26.05.2006 - 00:39
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Well, I'm from Colombia too, from Medellín. Looks like Alouqua and my friend The Alchemist forgot the most important thing in here: Coffee!!! Coffee!!! Coffee!!! Coffee!!! Coffee!!! Coffee!!! Coffee!!! The best in the world, yeeeeaaaahhhhh!!!!!
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
26.05.2006 - 00:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=9706] on 26.05.2006 at 00:35

Russia....Vodka, pickled cucumbers, shitty music, Lenin, Stalin, balalaika, borsch, poverty, War&Peace, Syberia...

Vodka, I dont like it its not god drink, I want puke when I smell it,
and you forgot tavarisc Hroscow and peresrojka

But shity music Apha, Arkona, Nomans Land and many many more great unqnown bands Dis Pater from kaliningrad, and well Sybiria its cold, bether bullet in head how live there, but landscapes are great
Baikal, Amur, an bla bla
----

apos;'
[image]
26.05.2006 - 01:46
Krysling
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 26.05.2006 at 00:43

But shity music Apha, Arkona, Nomans Land and many many more great unqnown bands Dis Pater from kaliningrad, and well Sybiria its cold, bether bullet in head how live there, but landscapes are great
Baikal, Amur, an bla bla

Don't like vodka, eh? You're definitely not russian!
I don't think Arkona, Nomans Land are great bands, though i know 'em very well. Ok, Aria, Master, Kruiz1 and some others are not that bad, but still russian metal sucks (IMO)

Oh, I remebered. Chastooshka, matreshka, kolkhoz, Snegurochka, Duma... Well, enough.
26.05.2006 - 02:00
Alouqua
Account deleted
Reinhardt: Shame on me... a coffee addict who forgot the best coffee in the whole world!!!! SHAME ON ME!!!!
Kariasakis7: Once Caldas... I guess the are from Manizales, not a town..
26.05.2006 - 02:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=9706] on 26.05.2006 at 01:46

Written by Bad English on 26.05.2006 at 00:43

Baikal, Amur, an bla bla

Don't like vodka, eh? You're definitely not russian!
I don't think Arkona, Nomans Land are great bands, though i know 'em very well. Ok, Aria, Master, Kruiz1 and some others are not that bad, but still russian metal sucks (IMO)

Oh, I remebered. Chastooshka, matreshka, kolkhoz, Snegurochka, Duma... Well, enough.

I dont like vodka, I smell it and wanna puke, but once I try real vodka from Ural mountaisn and it wa sok,
I like Tequilla and wine, ouzo, grappa, and sometimes coqnac
But usualy drink wine and Tequilla

In Rusisa are great bands, I can not think for now Im tired and BTW what you doing so laite its almoust 3am

Well I remeber how milk was in bottle of glass and I remeber that in suterday we shoud go to school and write poems about lenin

And this movoie where guy mix Moscov whit leningrad

@Alouqua I love coffe to, Im addicted to it or maybe not, but I love coffe
And Sporting Cristal
----

apos;'
[image]
26.05.2006 - 02:34
Alouqua
Account deleted
They are not from Colombia dude! they are from Peru!
26.05.2006 - 13:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=5217] on 26.05.2006 at 02:34

They are not from Colombia dude! they are from Peru!

What realy seems I shou d sleep in day and watch more Copa Libertadores
----

apos;'
[image]
26.05.2006 - 16:54
Prinz Dracul II
Account deleted
Germany is the country with the most popular guy all over the world:

A positiv thing of Germany is our great quality and variety of beer:
26.05.2006 - 17:07
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
@Prinz Dracul II
you think hes more popular then Bush lol
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
26.05.2006 - 18:28
Prinz Dracul II
Account deleted
Yes he is. There was a study about the most popular guy in the world and Adolf Hitler was even in front of Jesus!
26.05.2006 - 18:59
Falcon

what else would you like to know about mexico...or what do you already know about Mexico...

I beg you pardon? Mexico has the best beer? I thought, no I'm sure, Belgium has always been the best beer country in the world! (and it's not only the belgian people who say that ) You have no idea how many kinds of beer we have in this small country, and they're just sooooooo good!! goddamn njam!
----

°~\m/~° Thoughts of death inside tear me apart from the core of my soul °~\m/~°