Metal Storm logo
The Last Concert You Attended

Original post

Posted by Deadsoulman, 16.10.2007 - 09:33
Ok people, like the old one, this is the place to tell us your latest concert experiences!

I'll start by pasting my last message in the old thread:

I saw Behemoth, Kataklysm, Aborted and Lyfthrasyr on Sunday.

As I may write a report about this one, I won't say much. Just that Kataklysm, and above all Behemoth, were amazing. Really. Absolutely amazing. I've been blown away, even if it was the third time this year I was seeing Behemoth live (after the No Mercy fest and the Hellfest). But, as headliners, they are even better.

Ok, I'll just give you the setlists of the last two bands, for those who care
Setlist Kataklysm:
Like Angels (Weeping The Dark)
Let Them Burn
Ambassador Of Pain
The Resurrected
Crippled & Broken
Serenity In Fire
1999:6661:2000
Where The Enemy Sleeps...
Beyond Salvation
As I Slither
Face The Face Of War
Manipulator Of Souls
In Shadows And Dust

Setlist Behemoth:
Rome 64 C.E.
Slaying The Prophets Of Isa
Antichristian Phenomenon
Demigod
From The Pagan Vastlands
Prometherion
Conquer All
Christgrinding Avenue
Drum Solo
Slaves Shall Serve
As Above So Below
Summoning Of the Ancient Gods
Christians To The Lions
Decade Of Therion
Chant For Eschaton 2000

Encore:
I Got Erection (Turbonegro cover)

To reply to another post in the old thread, both bands played approximately 75 minutes.

Next to come is Enslaved and Keep Of Kalessin tomorrow
06.01.2008 - 01:48
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by [user id=26778] on 06.01.2008 at 01:03

Unleashed & Marduk - Well Marduk sucked, of course, what can you expect when you have blast beats over blast beats with nothing else to it? But it was good to headbang. Anyway, Unleashed was brilliant! It was kinda funny with all these viking stuff which is unusual for death metal, but it was fun. I was lucky enough to get a picture of me with Johnny Hedlund after the gig and I must say he's a very nice guy.

How could we not like a viking metal band with these kind of lyrics?

Joy in the Sun

Wanna go on a date
Gonna have some fun
Pick you up in my new car
Take a ride in the sun
Driving down the boulevard
Headin' down to the beach
Gonna drive real slow now
Grab a hold on me...

(...for some...)
Formaldehyde fun
Joy in the sun
Formaldehyde fun
Joy in the sun

Well then here we go
Rock around the clock
Playin'hide and sick now
She sure knows how to suck
Such a nice little mouth
Drives a man insane
Guess I ain't that dead yet
Taste that smell again...

(...of some...)
Formaldehyde fun
Joy in the sun
Formaldehyde fun
Joy in the sun
06.01.2008 - 08:14
deadset61
Account deleted
The last concert i went to was at the pearl room in Mokena Illinois and i saw Arsis, Ensslved, The Faceless, and The Agonist was a cool concert minus the facelesss and the agonist.
07.01.2008 - 05:37
Sonic MrSumo
I saw Amon Amarth at the Enmore Theatre in Sydney last night. And well, they rocked so well! The sound quality was brilliant...although the voice was too soft for the first few tracks, but they managed to sort it out pretty quickly.

The disappointing thing was, it wasn't a sell out, and it's not a big venue...for shame Sydney metal fans!
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
07.01.2008 - 06:26
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
hey sonic mrsumo, yeh i was there last night as well, amon amarth yeh amon amarth were heaps awesome good setlist, well played, brilliant! i actually didnt mind one of the support bands; bane of isildur - they werent too bad IMO - im going to ahve check them out a bit... but amon amarth, just as i expected... rocked the house down
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
20.01.2008 - 13:29
Abattoir
Staff
I went to Within Temptation...and it was perfect for me. Everything was great, the performance, the sound...the setlist was great as well and quite long
(for approximately 1h and half)...it was worthed with no doubt...
31.01.2008 - 01:48
Eternal Flames
I saw Nightiwsh last night and it was simply brilliant. Unsuprisingly, it was mostly songs off the new album, although some older stuff was included (Nemo, Everdream, Wishmaster, I Wish I Had An Angel, Dark Chest of Wonders. I think that was it). Nevertheless it was a great performance and the sound was superb. The bands' interaction witht the crowd was great as well which made the performance much more enjoyable.

Anette's vocals aren't all that bad. She performs some of the older songs rather well, although Tarja had a better stage presence in my opinion.
31.01.2008 - 10:25
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
went to dream theater last night was awesome, however, it woulda been good if they didnt play so much newer stuff... and i really wanted them to play Lie and The Glass Prison... ah well, u cant have everything...
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
03.02.2008 - 23:41
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
Unearth jan 20 it was awesome i was on the center in front
----
Stay Metal !!!
05.02.2008 - 16:29
Deadsoulman
Elite
Saw Obituary with Holy Moses and Avatar about three weeks ago. Not much to say, Obituary ruled as always with an incredible setlist and an amazing sound. Holy Moses was a lot of fun (Sabina Classen is one hell of a frontwoman). Avatar was good for a warm up band but their singer sucked. That's about it. Everyone else has already been raving about Obituary so I won't do that again. All I need to say is that they were even better than the first time I saw them on the Frozen In Time tour and this time the audience gave a great response. Cool show.
06.02.2008 - 05:36
pretty_toy
Account deleted
It's been a couple of months, but I saw Nightwish. They played really well, better than I expected. Anette was already used to being on stage, so she pretty much owned the crowd. The sound was good as well, so no complaints.
06.02.2008 - 19:09
I saw Iron Maiden 5 days ago (1st Feb). The first show of the Somewhere Back In Time World Tour. They were great! Loved every minute of it.
----
||SPACE FOR RENT||
06.02.2008 - 22:21
MadGatsu
Written by Cryogenic_Death on 06.02.2008 at 19:09

I saw Iron Maiden 5 days ago (1st Feb). The first show of the Somewhere Back In Time World Tour. They were great! Loved every minute of it.

Please specify set list :]
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
06.02.2008 - 22:43
huntermike85
Account deleted
I saw Iron Maiden 5 too...it was epic
07.02.2008 - 01:38
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Decrepit Birth
Well, they started a half hour earlier than they were scheduled, so I completely missed their entire set. I would have made it if my friend and I weren't getting shitfaced in my car, but oh well. I've seen them before anyways, and I was still able to buy their poster and the new album, which the lead singer signed.

Hate Eternal
They had a short set, and the only song I actually recognized was King of all Kings, which was incredibly brutal. The show was completely packed and I'm a short midget bastard so I wasn't really able to see anything, but the pit was pretty good so I have no complaints. Too bad I didn't meet Erik.

3 Inches of Blood
Even though they didn't have their usual guitarist or drummer, they still kicked ass. The screamer dude played guitar and the original vocalist played drums, and they were spot on. The clean singer has such a funny, but cool voice and he sounds exactly the same as he does on CD. There were people stage diving and crowd surfing everywhere and they just put on a great show.

The Black Dahlia Murder
These guys were even better than they were last time I saw them two years ago. Sadly, they didn't do anything special like before when they had some dude in an ape suit and had a Hawaii theme and shit. Just a regular show, but the sound quality from the venue was better than it ever was before. Sadly, they mostly played songs from Miasma and Nocturnal, but it was still energetic and loud.

The show ended at 11:30 lmao. I've never gotten out of a show so early before.
07.02.2008 - 02:29
@MadGatsu: Here you go mate

01. Intro - Churchill's Speech
02. Aces High
03. 2 Minutes to Midnight
04. Revelations
05. The Trooper
06. Wasted Years
07. The Number of the Beast
08. Run to the Hills
09. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
10. Powerslave
11. Heaven Can Wait
12. Can I Play With Madness?
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden

for encore:
15. Moonchild
16. The Clairvoyant
17. Hallowed Be Thy Name
----
||SPACE FOR RENT||
09.02.2008 - 09:43
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Well I went to the Black Dahlia and Hate Eternal show. Decrepit Birth and 3 Inches of Blood dropped off so there were two local Metalcore bands that didn't fill the spot well. Hate Eternal, I actually didn't enjoy at all, and while Black Dahlia sounded great, I'm not that big of a fan, so I didn't enjoy it that much. I was pretty disappointed with the concert as a whole, and from now on am only going to concerts of bands I really like.
----
The force will be with you, always.
09.02.2008 - 11:47
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by MadGatsu on 06.02.2008 at 22:21

Not a bad one for us to go see right?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
09.02.2008 - 12:02
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Cryogenic_Death on 07.02.2008 at 02:29

02. Aces High
04. Revelations
05. The Trooper
06. Wasted Years
08. Run to the Hills
10. Powerslave
11. Heaven Can Wait
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden

for encore:
15. Moonchild
16. The Clairvoyant
17. Hallowed Be Thy Name

Why the hell call it SOmwhere Back IN Time and then play Fear Of The Dark? They said they would only play songs of their first seven albums and not first nine.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.02.2008 - 12:14
Deadsoulman
Elite
That setlist surprised me as well. It was supposed to be the follow up of the 2005 tour when they played songs taken from the first three albums only. And they said they'd play stuff from Piece Of Mind, Powerslave, Somewhere In Time and Seventh Son...
09.02.2008 - 12:16
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Deadsoulman on 09.02.2008 at 12:14

That setlist surprised me as well. It was supposed to be the follow up of the 2005 tour when they played songs taken from the first three albums only. And they said they'd play stuff from Piece Of Mind, Powerslave, Somewhere In Time and Seventh Son...

That is true, so FIVE songs don't belong on this setlist.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.02.2008 - 12:50
MadGatsu
Written by BloodTears on 09.02.2008 at 11:47

Yup If they play FotD for us too it will be the first time hearing it live, since 2 years ago they didnt play it
----
09.02.2008 - 12:51
MadGatsu
Written by Cryogenic_Death on 07.02.2008 at 02:29

02. Aces High
04. Revelations
05. The Trooper
06. Wasted Years
08. Run to the Hills
10. Powerslave
11. Heaven Can Wait
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden

for encore:
15. Moonchild
16. The Clairvoyant
17. Hallowed Be Thy Name

Thanks mate /m/ Nice one
----
09.02.2008 - 13:53
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by MadGatsu on 09.02.2008 at 12:50

Yup If they play FotD for us too it will be the first time hearing it live, since 2 years ago they didnt play it

I'm happy with wasted years and aces high.
----

My Instagram
09.02.2008 - 14:50
MadGatsu
Written by BloodTears on 09.02.2008 at 13:53

Yeah Wasted Years would be nice as well =P
----
09.02.2008 - 15:19
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by MadGatsu on 09.02.2008 at 14:50

Written by BloodTears on 09.02.2008 at 13:53

Yeah Wasted Years would be nice as well =P

First of all, let's hope you can go with me.
----

My Instagram
10.02.2008 - 01:01
MadGatsu
@ BloodTears: Yeah, that too
----
10.02.2008 - 07:51
Hey, they played all their classics. So what are you people complaining about It was a good show and I would like to say if Maiden are playing somewhere close by, do go and watch them. They were awesome (look at the encore - they played Moonchild!!)

PS: My next gig - Megadeth and Machine Head - 14th March
----
||SPACE FOR RENT||
17.02.2008 - 13:51
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
The last concert I attended was Artillery last saturday. They where amazing! I never imagined that they could play that stuff due to their age and such. But they totally pulled it off! Playing Terror Squad as the closing song was definately game over for me. It was awesome...!
----
THRASH!!!
17.02.2008 - 16:38
Amarath
Account deleted
The last concert i went to was Raintime, in Conegliano (TV, Italy). I was selling t-shirts at their merchandise's table...:erm:....another night of hard work

...but next friday i'm gonna go to Korn's show in Pordenone!
18.02.2008 - 08:07
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
My last one was Amon Amarth with Sonic Syndicate and Himsa. It was awsome besides being nearly crushed in the front row. Himsa and Amon Amarth were amazing and Sonic Syndicate sucked chode.
----
Coldgrits