Metal Storm logo
!T.O.O.H.! - Order And Punishment (Řád A Trest) review

Bandcamp music player
Reviewer:

113 users:
Band: !T.O.O.H.!
Album: Order And Punishment (Řád A Trest)
Style: Technical death metal, Progressive grindcore
Release date: December 2005

01. Al-Amín (Aneb Jak Vycákat Jelito)
02. Analyza Záhnědy
03. Konec Kontinentálního Kontejneru
04. Hanička - Příběh Nebožačky (Aneb Co Se Stalo U Slepého Koryta)
05. Abu-Hassan
06. Řád A Trest
07. Já Samaritán
08. Padají Pískají
09. To Je Jízda Bozínku
10. Kálí

!T.O.O.H! impressed us all with their second full length called "Pod Vladou Bice ", a great release which caught the good attention of both fans and music critics all over the globe. Now these Czech guys deliver us "Order And Punishment" via Earache/Elitist Records, a huge comeback for "Pod Vladou Bice" and a juicy piece for every single fanatic out there.

This new CD has the progressive stamp all over the place; the songs are multifaceted and even Jazzy at times, tracks like "Al-Amin (Aneb Jak Vycakat Jelito)" and "Rad A Trest" will crush your eardrums instantly with all the insane structures and scales. The technicality is again present in the whole piece; the musicianship is of course brilliant and chaotic as hell itself, presenting us a really bizarre combo of frenzied destruction and intricate musical execution; so I'm not joking when I say this is a really hard record to digest, most soft ears and purists won't understand the brilliance of this album, "Order And Punishment" was sculpted only for the intense minds willing to live a terrifying, disturbing and overwhelming metal experience.

Fortunately !T.O.O.H! kept all the righteous and interesting parts from past albums, for example those chilling high-pitched shrieks and the drilling drum patterns; but for this new piece they decided to evolve in the songwriting matter, now everything fits better in the whole mixture, the breakdowns enter in the best time possible and every single riff, bass-line or drum beat is marvelously refined to suit with the adjacent atmosphere. Another new feature is found in the spoken passages in some tracks, somehow similar to "Lykathea Aflame", I'm not too crazy about those actually, but at least they surely added depth and grimness into the tracks.

When it comes to musical structures !T.O.O.H! wins the big prize, the songs and actually the whole album is structured in an awesome way to keep the intensity flowing with each tune; the minutes went by like seconds, so I can say with certainty that there is not a single boring second in this album.

If you liked "Pod Vladou Bice" you'll worship this album everyday of your life, you'll put together a small altar with a couple of candles, a Czech Republic flag and this album right in the middle; if you haven't heard about this band, get out of your cave and buy this album right away.

Written by Herzebeth | 06.02.2006

Comments page 2 / 2

Comments: 32   Visited by: 181 users
12.01.2013 - 19:34
OtherDoor

I usually can get used to even awful vocals, but with this guys it seems to be impossible for me. Maybe it is because I can understand the lyrics and well - they're as awful as the vocals.
11.07.2013 - 17:49
Rating: 5
Hallford9000

Yeah vocals are really amateurish. nothing well done there.

Hits total: 6853 | This month: 17