Metal Storm logo
Pink Floyd

Original post

Posted by Twilight, 17.05.2006 - 12:13
One of the most influential rock bands that have ever existed, in my opinion!

Until their first album, The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn, led by Syd Barrett.
From there on having David Gilmour on the guitar, together with Roger Waters composing the music for Dark Side Of The Moon, Wish You Were Here and Animals.
Roger Waters composed The Wall and The Final Cut almost completely by himself. And after that he left the band.
Pink Floyd produced 2 more albums after The Final Cut.

They have performed recently on the Live8 festival, and they're touring again. Unfortunately, I'm not going to see them here in Holland. I don't know if Roger Waters is touring with them now or if it's just him and other band members.

I wonder what you all think of this band. What album you like best and what period you prefer (With Syd or with Roger Waters)?

But wether you like this band or not, they truly have had a damn lot of influence on the music of today.
28.11.2023 - 17:15
JoHn Doe
Written by MetalstomCrimina on 28.11.2023 at 16:40

Written by JoHn Doe on 28.11.2023 at 16:37

What do you mean "I'm not sure too"?
They as in Pink Floyd? I'm sure they don't care how they are being classified.

Hahaha yea becuz it's so long time ago, i can't be sure I remember right, you know more than 20 years with metal, hundreds bands n the scenes, you know... lot of metal information, so I can't be sure lol haha..

I don't understand what you're saying.
I'm starting to think you are BE's parallel account.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
29.11.2023 - 02:36
I meant I have been with metal for 20 years, so I know lots of metal, thats why I dont remember all things of metal as I have learnt. But as I remember the metal community, metalheads used to say Pink Floyd is psychedelic and progressive metal influencing.