Style: Progressive metalcore

Owners:

185 have it
17 want it

01. Specular Reflection
02. Augment Of Rebirth
03. Lunar Wilderness

Additional info
Recorded in December 13th through December 23rd, 2010 at Metalworks Studios in Mississauga, Ontario and Rattlebox Studios in Toronto, Ontario.
Engineered by David Bottrill.
Mixed and mastered by Jamie King at The Basement Studios in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
Produced by Between the Buried and Me and David Bottrill.
Additional production: Jamie King.
Artwork and layout: Sons of Nero.

Guest review by
BloodTears
Rating:
For those who are familiar with the music of Between The Buried And Me, this new EP presents no major changes in their sound. Their recipe for a musical experience is the same. In their case, however, continuity can be a good thing because they continue to challenge themselves. If you are listening to the band for the first time, The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues is a good example of what they are capable of; the experimental, progressive, aggressive and inventive facets of the band are all present in this release.

Read more ››
published 04.08.2011 | Comments (3)

Found in 13 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 16   Visited by: 519 users
09.08.2010 - 21:55
João Pirucas
Mr. Piruson
Dan Briggs announced this EP in a recent interview.
11.08.2010 - 17:19
sasquatch

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
26.02.2011 - 02:49
João Pirucas
Mr. Piruson
This is an EP/mini-album, whatever you wanna call it. Part 2 will be a full lenght.
02.03.2011 - 19:04
Rating: 7
Czerny Reiter

Loving that album artwork.
01.04.2011 - 05:33
The Voyager
The Table
Well, just listened to it. I was not expecting much based on the preview I heard a few weeks back, but I was pleasantly surprised. Specular Reflection and Lunar Wilderness are both very good tracks, with some really good clean parts thrown in. Augment of Rebirth is completely forgettable though. I will still stand by my assertion that they should tone down the harsh vocals, as Rogers is a below average harsh vocalist.
15.04.2011 - 06:11
Rating: 9
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by The Voyager on 01.04.2011 at 05:33

Well, just listened to it. I was not expecting much based on the preview I heard a few weeks back, but I was pleasantly surprised. Specular Reflection and Lunar Wilderness are both very good tracks, with some really good clean parts thrown in. Augment of Rebirth is completely forgettable though. I will still stand by my assertion that they should tone down the harsh vocals, as Rogers is a below average harsh vocalist.

I disagree. I feel Augment of Rebirth to be the best track on the EP! And Rogers didn't shine on the clean parts as he did before...

BTBAM amazed me again with this release, I happened to love the three songs.
I really dig all the "bizarre" interludes between the chaotic death-hardcore riffing, and this album doesn't dissapoint.

I can't say this is the best band ever, I understand everyone that just can't listen to it.
But, hell, I'm personally obsessed with this band.
16.04.2011 - 14:57
Rating: 8
Joey Filth

Really diverse stuff. Although I found Augment Of Rebirth to be forgettable. Specular Reflection is the best track on this. Looking forward to the new full-length.
22.04.2011 - 01:29
Unhealer
Eclecticist
OMG its happening again... I cannot stop listening to this.
18.05.2011 - 21:33
Tetravirulence

Opening to the album is very thrilling indeed
----
Metal News Community!! http://head-metal-bangers.blogspot.com

RIP Juhani Palomaki (1977-2010)
17.01.2012 - 03:14
John Shock

I am listening right now, and i must say, for the first time i'm listening to the BTBAM ... and surprised...it's so technique and complex and has those yumi and catchy riffs...shit...tha's this \m/-.-\m/
06.05.2012 - 08:55
Rating: 8
Gelati

The songwriting isn't quite as fluid to me but considering this is just an EP in prep for a hopefully bangin' full length I'm ok with this. It's still awesome.
02.01.2014 - 16:38
NocturnalStalker
Metal Addict
As always, a great release from this band. Sounds like a prelude to The Parallax II.
----
"And we are not who we think we are
We are who we're afraid to be"
- Lux Occulta "The Opening of Eleventh Sephirah"
08.05.2015 - 19:55
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
The one release where I feel some thought went into writing the heavier elements of their style. My second favourite release from their discography after TGM.

Also, this is just mesmerising - Blake is one hell of an underrated drummer:

07.10.2015 - 20:04
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by LeKiwi on 08.05.2015 at 19:55

The one release where I feel some thought went into writing the heavier elements of their style. My second favourite release from their discography after TGM.

You're spot on. This album is absolute bonkers. Definitely their most progressive work till date. The drummer's sense of urgency is mind blowing. Blake Richardson indeed shines great on this record. The three songs are extremely tight as well. All of this provides and unmatched replay-ability and I have listened this record more times than any other album of theirs till date.
09.10.2015 - 00:09
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by 3rdWorld on 07.10.2015 at 20:04

You're spot on. This album is absolute bonkers. Definitely their most progressive work till date. The drummer's sense of urgency is mind blowing. Blake Richardson indeed shines great on this record. The three songs are extremely tight as well. All of this provides and unmatched replay-ability and I have listened this record more times than any other album of theirs till date.

Have you heard their most recent output? That one is even more proggy than this one - you might like it even more than this one
12.07.2023 - 07:45
24emd
Theory Snob
I consider Selkies to be their best song, but this is still one of the most solid EPs I've ever heard. Not a weak moment in 30 minutes of insanity. Just a goldmine of heavy, technical, melodic, and quirky riffs.
----
"I am too stupid to be human, and I lack common sense." - Proverbs 30:2
"Music? Well, it's just entertainment, folks!" - Devin Townsend

Best 2024 Albums

Hits total: 13594 | This month: 31