Metal Storm logo
Thrash will never die

Original post

Posted by Klar, 28.11.2010 - 11:54
As we know we don't find pure thrash like before
Thrash kicked off in the early eighties with bands like Metallica Anthrax Slayer Megadeth Testament Flotsam & Jetsam Exodus Destruction Sodom ...etc
we know in the 90s Grunge killed the majority of thrash bands
but thrash is back with new bands like Merciless Death, Bonded By Blood ,Wabringer, Violator....etc
what do you think about these band ?
do you think thrash is back whith old school stuff?
check some of these bands out via Myspace or their websites
22.05.2011 - 16:36
Vikcen
Metálico
Written by Guest on 21.05.2011 at 20:39

I do really enjoy this one man band from Spain, called Cautiva.

Yeah, very good ( Cautiva ) , i hope he can make some more album in the future. By the way, i could have a long conversation with him vía email, and seems a nice person =).
31.05.2011 - 16:48
Tetravirulence
Written by Guest on 21.05.2011 at 20:39

Written by Guib on 20.05.2011 at 21:13

Yeah but really... Fuck Thrash Metal, it simply sux man.

Nah just kiddin, i'm sure some of you reading the beginning actually had blood pumping up their veins eh
IMO, Thrash in all its might is dead, i'm not saying nobody likes it anymore, hell no... at some point, the old glory of the big four, when they still had their soul and weren't tainted by the colour of the money, this my friends... this WAS THRASH moments. Yes yes, there is some resurgence with the cross-over/modern thrash metal which I enjoy alot. But to say its coming back... nah, I don't think so. Imo it'll stay under the ground pounding and banging away from the evil popular stares. But nothing more really.

@fabregassed: BTW my friend, when you're saying that the newest band are not needed and that there is no point in thrash bands anymore, well it kinda proves that its going six feet under lol. You might have 80s thrash albums, this doesn't mean its still alive if you don't listen to the new thrash coming out and ur not interested in it, you're kicking it to its death. lol thx anyways for posting.

I still listen to newer thrash bands, but just don't really enjoy them. They all seem pretty directionless to be honest. Having said that, I do really enjoy this one man band from Spain, called Cautiva. It's quite a proggy thrash band, and the guys material sounds really fresh. For me thats the way thrash needs to go, not the bands just playing exactly like their influences e.g. Municipal Waste, Evile and Warbringer.

Whats your opinion on new Havoc?
----
Metal News Community!! http://head-metal-bangers.blogspot.com

RIP Juhani Palomaki (1977-2010)
01.06.2011 - 03:33
JCJen7
I would say my favorite recent thrash stuff would be:
Toxic Holocaust - An Overdose of Death...
Machine Head - The Blackening
Exmortus - In Hatred's Flame
Repugnant - Epitome of Darkness

I am not personally a fan of Warbringer or Bonded by Blood
----
This is my sig, respect it. Please.

CHECK THESE OUT
01.06.2011 - 17:42
Vikcen
Metálico
Written by JCJen7 on 01.06.2011 at 03:33

Repugnant - Epitome of Darkness

Really very good and very fast, but no only thrash, also have a mix with Death. I would love that they can make another album, please, it will be very interesting.
03.06.2011 - 15:34
Xylem
Music changes and the whole metal genre and it's fans have changed since thrash's peak. To say thrash will come back / has come back like it was is sort of wrong in the sense that music genres, once gone, never come back as they were. There are a few bands out there trying to recreate the old thrash style but I don't think any of them live up to what it was like in the '80s and it'll probably always be like that.
06.06.2011 - 01:21
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Xylem on 03.06.2011 at 15:34

Music changes and the whole metal genre and it's fans have changed since thrash's peak. To say thrash will come back / has come back like it was is sort of wrong in the sense that music genres, once gone, never come back as they were. There are a few bands out there trying to recreate the old thrash style but I don't think any of them live up to what it was like in the '80s and it'll probably always be like that.

What do you mean LIVE UP, I mean they don't sound the same of course (and thanks for not sounding the same...) but not living up to WHAT ? the popularity ratio ? Who cares... they certainly live up to the aggression, power and anger... and the quality, fuck yeah they got it. Yeah they might be more underground, whats the wrong in that ? Actually I believe it'll keep them more inspired and inclined to always do better music. But whatever. Just listen to Waking Into Nightmares (Warbringer).. or Evil Never Dies (Toxic Holocaust) or even a more mainstream act like Municipal Waste in their awesome (The Art Of Partying). What are they missing, whats not living up to what it was Tell me
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
06.06.2011 - 16:08
JÄY
Metal slave
Thrash will never die becuase it is now a zombie
09.06.2011 - 10:07
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by JÄY on 06.06.2011 at 16:08

A pretty fucking productive zombie I'll add.
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
11.06.2011 - 02:14
Dies Irae
There's too much for me to read at this moment because it's late and I'm tired
but one band has been a very very pleasant surprise to me recently
Havok (US)...that's a (relatively) new band but they're thrashin' like pros...If somebody hasn't heard about this band they should check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWS-B0V-Nmg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7pRpnO3Jw4&feature=related
Knock yourselves out if you like...

P.S. I've just remembered of another really good new thrash band
Shrapnel (UK)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cno8KK9WxdM&feature=related
11.06.2011 - 19:20
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Dies Irae on 11.06.2011 at 02:14

There's too much for me to read at this moment because it's late and I'm tired
but one band has been a very very pleasant surprise to me recently
Havok (US)...that's a (relatively) new band but they're thrashin' like pros...If somebody hasn't heard about this band they should check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWS-B0V-Nmg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7pRpnO3Jw4&feature=related
Knock yourselves out if you like...

P.S. I've just remembered of another really good new thrash band
Shrapnel (UK)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cno8KK9WxdM&feature=related

Yes Havok is a really good band
Time Is Up = Awesome album
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
11.06.2011 - 19:44
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted

+1
11.06.2011 - 20:24
Mikyz
Written by Guest on 11.06.2011 at 19:44

+1

+2
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
11.06.2011 - 21:45
Vikcen
Metálico
Thrash!!!! joder!!

12.06.2011 - 02:10
Guib
Thrash Talker
-_- THe last few posts were totally boring I might say... Anyways I just ordered the Last Havok and Vindicator albums at the HMV not so far from home..
Can't fucking wait for them to receive the albums.
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
17.06.2011 - 20:24
Valdris
Written by Mikyz on 11.06.2011 at 20:24

Written by Guest on 11.06.2011 at 19:44

+1

+2

ZOMBIE JAMBOREE
17.06.2011 - 20:33
Valdris
Seriously though, thrash was an 80's movement, times change and thrash simply evolved. its only darwinian that the evolved-crossover thrash will survive.
as much as i bloodlust for it, PLAYING TROO THRASH IS ALWAYS A NOSTALGIA ACT.
20.06.2011 - 05:00
ToMegaTherion
I doubt the old school of Thrash will ever get old, unfortunately those that are following that i've heard don't seem to be all that great. Usually rather boring and repetative. Bring back old school thrash i say. It was great stuff.
21.06.2011 - 05:09
Guib
Thrash Talker
Always the same thing its like people don't even listen to any new bands before f-ing posting.. wtf d'you mean repetitive or boring ? I mean yes.. as much as the old bands over the years.. lol. anyone going to shows or actually buying and listening to new thrash bands albums can figure that its actually an extention to thrash metal pretty much as good as it was in the days... just not so different. What you're gonna tell me slayer, metallica, megadeth, anthrax, exodus, overkill weren't repetitive nice one.
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
21.06.2011 - 12:23
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Guib on 21.06.2011 at 05:09

You really like trying to make people think this thrash revivalist thing is actually good.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
22.06.2011 - 00:14
Vikcen
Metálico

Always the same thing its like people don't even listen to any new bands before f-ing posting.. wtf d'you mean repetitive or boring ? I mean yes.. as much as the old bands over the years.. lol. anyone going to shows or actually buying and listening to new thrash bands albums can figure that its actually an extention to thrash metal pretty much as good as it was in the days... just not so different. What you're gonna tell me slayer, metallica, megadeth, anthrax, exodus, overkill weren't repetitive nice one.

Metallica repetitive?
22.06.2011 - 16:46
Vombatus
Potorro
I highly recomend the band Iron Curtain, winner's of last Creajoven Festival (where Turisas played for free ).

Cool trash/speed sound reminicent of the 80'

The excellent "Brigadas Satanicas" song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwYY1gHhO64
22.06.2011 - 20:26
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Troy Killjoy on 21.06.2011 at 12:23

You really like trying to make people think this thrash revivalist thing is actually good.

Cos in fact it is... lol its not trying to make believe its only facts but people are so stucked in the 80's they can't even think of hearing the new thrash.
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
22.06.2011 - 23:58
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
Written by Guib on 22.06.2011 at 20:26

Cos in fact it is... lol its not trying to make believe its only facts but people are so stucked in the 80's they can't even think of hearing the new thrash.

Agreed.
Sure todays stuff like Evile, Toxic Holocaust, Municiple Waste, and Warbringer aren't Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax or Slayer; Just be thankful they play Thrash.
23.06.2011 - 05:58
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Guest on 22.06.2011 at 23:58

Written by Guib on 22.06.2011 at 20:26

Agreed.
Sure todays stuff like Evile, Toxic Holocaust, Municiple Waste, and Warbringer aren't Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax or Slayer; Just be thankful they play Thrash.

Well actually even from the 80's the big four exept for Slayer were never my favorites... actually I prefer Exodus, Kreator, Sodom, Testament, Overkill... and in my opinion the new bands sound more like them than Metallica, Megadeth or Anthrax. I like them aswell but not my favs
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
28.06.2011 - 12:03
Dööm
For the last couple of years I've not been able to stand thrash. I don't know why - it just sounded lame to me. However, I've been listening a lot to Slayer and Metallica lately and it kicks asses. Finally it got to me. Am I the only one who thinks World Painted Blood is underrated. I has a lot of mediocre reviews, but I think it's a lot better than that.
Anyway. I just wanted to make you aware of an upcoming Danish thrash band, Essence.

They are all pretty young and play thrash with an aggressive spirit and lots of energy.
There's a 1 min bass intro though. Some like it - some don't.
24.03.2020 - 19:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Brazilian thrashers Violator posted some sad news:
Friends and friends,

As it has become a prank in Brazil recently, we don't have good news In view of the gravity of the the crisis and the uncertainty of the moment, the will have to postpone the three shows it would do in Brazil this year, in April 2020 (Belém, Rio and curitiba The uncertainty in our case is double, it involves both the coming of capaça to Brazil (he lives in Ireland) and the very possibility of organizing events where sweaty people are throwing themselves on other sweaty people during that period.

We really want to do these shows in Brazil, curse the false Messiah on our lands, but we need to let this acute moment pass by to have some idea of how the redesign year itself will look and so

As soon as we have more information, we will share it in the
Take care, because the plague dies sometimes.

UPIGHT
Violator
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.06.2021 - 12:12
Hey guys, greetings from Lithuania! We are Twisted Possessor and we play a kind of thrash/speed/heavy metal kindof thing. We have released our first shitty demo, check it out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue1Bewj6FaA
08.07.2021 - 11:56
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
Vektor looks very promising if they keep up the quality of thrash they've produced so far (Black Future and Terminal Redux are fantastic!)
08.12.2021 - 02:09
PlasmaWine
New band SLAVE AGENT has got some new thrash coming at you here from Ontario Canada! Take a listen!

https://slaveagent.bandcamp.com/album/alternate-histories
23.12.2022 - 13:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
KREATOR's MILLE PETROZZA: 'Thrash Metal Is In A Very Healthy State'

https://blabbermouth.net/news/kreators-mille-petrozza-thrash-metal-is-in-a-very-healthy-state

I agree, many 80's bands returns whit killer blasts, but same time I suggest him to check out MSA thrash nominations in last 10 years, many new killer albums cames there. Only what is new bands dont get money and so many live gigs as those old timers
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing