Release dates:

17 Nov: Europe
25 Nov: North America

Releases:

-Box Set (Limited to 1000 copies)
-Digibook (Limited Edition)
-Normal CD Version
-LP (Limited Edition)

Produced by Paul Masvidal and Sean Reinert.
Engineered and mixed by Warren Riker.
Recorded in Los Angeles at Broken Wave Studios.
Mastered by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman.

Artwork by Robert Venosa.

Found in 40 lists
Top lists

Comments page 2 / 2

Comments: 35   Visited by: 893 users
01.10.2016 - 12:48
Rating: 8
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Written by Guest on 01.10.2016 at 12:29

Nice presumptuous leap there. Was never a staff, but I was an official reviewer for a bit, and when I had scores (before nuking them all a year or so ago) I think this was the second lowest scored album in the 2000 and a bit scores I had given out, the first being Beherit's terrible failure than was Engram. This is still one the lamest, worst albums I've heard in my life and quite happy to shout that out whenever is necessary. Was never that into Focus either, although it was pretty decent, so nothing to do with expectations either.

Troy and Marcel is/was. I was not talking about you specifically. And yes, looking back the section it definitely looks the way I described. What Marcel said here in the name of "die-hard fans" definitely underlines high expectations. On the other hand if, talking about a "leap", if there is no right to criticize people in terms of these discussions just because they are staff, I guess there are good reasons not to be a part of this site. In a free world nobody likes dictatorships.

Maybe for you it wasn't a matter of expectations, but then again tastes do differ which people with a healthy sense of being do acknowledge. I don't like everything you like and the same goes for you vice versa
----
01.10.2016 - 12:59
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by qlacs on 01.10.2016 at 12:48

Troy and Marcel is/was. I was not talking about you specifically. And yes, looking back the section it definitely looks the way I described. What Marcel said here in the name of "die-hard fans" definitely underlines high expectations. On the other hand if, talking about a "leap", if there is no right to criticize people in terms of these discussions just because they are staff, I guess there are good reasons not to be a part of this site. In a free world nobody likes dictatorships.

Maybe for you it wasn't a matter of expectations, but then again tastes do differ which people with a healthy sense of being do acknowledge. I don't like everything you like and the same goes for you vice versa

You've a right to think whatever you like of other people's opinions, but I think accusing Troy and Marcel of not having balls to put out a score is flat out wrong. Probably two of the most outspoken staff that were ever here. Troy has given out his fair share of reviews that he knew would upset people and Marcel could never be accused of resting on his laurels where criticism is concerned. What you suggested is that they were trying to obfuscate their comments by not giving scores, which I don't think is true. If you meant that they never reviewed the album then that's kind of their choice, although it is odd that the album never received a staff review. I don't think that's because no one had the balls too though. Just seems like a bit of a low blow because you don't like their opinion.

And yeah, I get that people like this album and that I'm in a minority. I just flat out hated the sound and approach here is all.
01.10.2016 - 13:18
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 01.10.2016 at 12:59

You've a right to think whatever you like of other people's opinions, but I think accusing Troy and Marcel of not having balls to put out a score is flat out wrong. Probably two of the most outspoken staff that were ever here. Troy has given out his fair share of reviews that he knew would upset people and Marcel could never be accused of resting on his laurels where criticism is concerned. What you suggested is that they were trying to obfuscate their comments by not giving scores, which I don't think is true. If you meant that they never reviewed the album then that's kind of their choice, although it is odd that the album never received a staff review. I don't think that's because no one had the balls too though.

At the time I did give a score (of 4) Just like I scored loads of albums here on MS. But, like you I nuked all my scores.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.10.2016 - 13:19
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Yeah I thought I recalled it being pretty low
01.10.2016 - 21:43
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Goes to show how obsessed still people get over votes. I guess thats maybe(?) why they deleted their ratings. As for Cynic, I think I've heard the Re-traced album and finding it pretty yawn-inducing. Don't think I will ever return to this band at all.

Hits total: 17323 | This month: 22