Metal Storm logo
Tygers Of Pan Tang - To Record New EP

January 2011 will see the Tygers Of Pan Tang go into the studio to record a special EP to celebrate 30 years since the release of their iconic album release Spellbound. The EP will be titled The Spellbound Sessions and include 6 songs from the original album re-recorded by the current Tygers line-up.

The songs the band have chosen are:

01. Hellbound
02. Don't Stop By
03. Tyger Bay
04. Gangland
05. Take it
06. Mirror

All these tracks will be completely re-recorded.

2010 saw the band record The Wildcat Sessions EP and the feedback was fantastic so the band wanted to continue with this concept. The band have always respected their past releases which form the majority of the live show set so it is a fitting tribute.

The recording will be completed in January 2011 and then following the licence application and manufacture should be available from the webshop from early February. The EP will also be available at the live shows during 2011.

Source: tygersofpantang.com
Band profile: Tygers Of Pan Tang
Posted: 23.12.2010 by Oskmrgo83

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 47 users
24.12.2010 - 00:22
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I'm a bit confused, as much as i like re-recordings when done properly(Manowar's The Crown and the Ring) i don't expect too much, nwobhm has that special charm when combined with early 80s production, but it can also sount fresh and young(White Wizzard's first EP for example).. i guess tyme will tell lol.

Hits total: 2567 | This month: 6