Metal Storm logo
W.A.I.L.

02.03.2011 - 19:30
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
W.A.I.L., an enigmatic Finnish death doom band, have just recently had their full-length limited edition debut LP re-released by Ahdistuksen Aihio Productions. They are similar stylistically in many respects to Portuguese doomsters Process of Guilt, and I'm hoping this thread will help vault them into more popular circles.

To date, W.A.I.L. have released the following:

2007 - Demo
2009 - Demo
2009 - Wisdom through Agony into Illumination and Lunacy LP

2011 - Wisdom through Agony into Illumination and Lunacy CD
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
02.03.2011 - 19:31
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Also, any questions you have for the band can be sent to me via PM or in this thread, as I will be posting an interview with the band members shortly.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
02.03.2011 - 22:02
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
W.A.I.T.! I've got a question. Who the hell are they?

I'm going to check it out.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
02.03.2011 - 22:35
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Lucas on 02.03.2011 at 22:02

Who the hell are they?

They are awesome, that's about all I know.

The musicians all use initials as their alias. I don't even know if they're connected with other bands.
----
04.03.2011 - 00:55
IronAngel
I couldn't find much on them either. Only one piece of news/advertisement on the definitive Finnish metal board. I did find a sample, quite promising:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18100769/wailsample.mp3
04.03.2011 - 03:43
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by IronAngel on 04.03.2011 at 00:55

I couldn't find much on them either. Only one piece of news/advertisement on the definitive Finnish metal board. I did find a sample, quite promising:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18100769/wailsample.mp3

I thought that sample was very good until I heard that violin at the end... and then I got a semi.
07.03.2011 - 20:37
Drowned
Mr. Vitutation
Surprisingly good even though quite predictable and repetitive. Great vocals. Very promising young act.
09.03.2011 - 00:01
muska
Why the hell is this in my updates and somehow connected to Swallow the Sun? tried the sample, disappointed...
09.03.2011 - 01:05
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by muska on 09.03.2011 at 00:01

Why the hell is this in my updates and somehow connected to Swallow the Sun? tried the sample, disappointed...

I figured StS fans wouldn't get into this, but it's a popular death/doom band and that gives these guys an attempt at gaining some exposure.
----
13.03.2011 - 18:09
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
My interview with A.E. is now posted on the front page (or here if you're lazy). Don't be afraid to leave a comment!
----