Metal Storm logo
Obscene Extreme Festival - Brujeria Confirmed As Headliner

Mexican death-grind crime cartel Brujeria will be headlining the Obscene Extreme Festival, taking place July 07-09th in Trutnov, Czech Republic.

The festival line-up also features bands such as Entombed, Brutal Truth, Rotten Sound, Impaled, Magrudergrind and many more. An up-to-date festival billing is available over here.

Brujeria earlier confirmed their presence at Slovenia's Metal Camp Festival as well.

According to the latest word on the street, the band is supposedly working on new material, due out later this year. Further updates to follow.

Source: obsceneextreme.cz
Band profile: Brujeria
Event: Obscene Extreme Festival 2011
Posted: 07.03.2011 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 24 users
08.03.2011 - 18:49
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
It would be nice to ahve some new material from Brujeria, not the best of the best, but it's always a nice listening every now and then.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
08.03.2011 - 19:06
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 08.03.2011 at 18:49

It would be nice to ahve some new material from Brujeria, not the best of the best, but it's always a nice listening every now and then.

I personally have never understood how anyone can stand even 5 seconds of Brujeria. I think they have one of the worst sounds in metal today and easily the worst vocals. Most of the other bands on this bill are all worth it though, Impaled and Magrudergrind in particular.
08.03.2011 - 19:13
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Guest on 08.03.2011 at 19:06

I personally have never understood how anyone can stand even 5 seconds of Brujeria. I think they have one of the worst sounds in metal today. Most of the other bands on this bill are all worth it though, Impaled and Magrudergrind in particular.

I really don't know... It almost feels like the reason (in my case) is that I find it to be hilarious and quite tongue in cheeck with all their lyrics. The fact that mexican slang makes me laugh is also a plus, I listented to them back when I was little in Chile, so I have some connection with the band for some reason even though I agree how shitty they can be most of the time.
----
Rod, let me love you.
08.03.2011 - 19:44
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 08.03.2011 at 19:13

Written by Guest on 08.03.2011 at 19:06

I personally have never understood how anyone can stand even 5 seconds of Brujeria. I think they have one of the worst sounds in metal today. Most of the other bands on this bill are all worth it though, Impaled and Magrudergrind in particular.

I really don't know... It almost feels like the reason (in my case) is that I find it to be hilarious and quite tongue in cheeck with all their lyrics. The fact that mexican slang makes me laugh is also a plus, I listented to them back when I was little in Chile, so I have some connection with the band for some reason even though I agree how shitty they can be most of the time.

I think it's the language that puts me off a little. I find Spanish to be an incredibly unattractive language and combining that with the dirty sound of the band just doesn't sit with me. Obviously a lot of people love 'em though.
08.03.2011 - 21:05
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Guest on 08.03.2011 at 19:44

I think it's the language that puts me off a little. I find Spanish to be an incredibly unattractive language

Oh well... I won't argue about that since it's my mother tongue and it feels like no matter what I can write about it... It would feel like something too subjective to be written by me. But let's just say that I find the mexican slang hilarious, the music hilarious and the lyric theme hilarious... it works for me. Sometimes I have a poor taste of humor.
----
Rod, let me love you.
08.03.2011 - 21:12
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 08.03.2011 at 21:05

Written by Guest on 08.03.2011 at 19:44

I think it's the language that puts me off a little. I find Spanish to be an incredibly unattractive language

Oh well... I won't argue about that since it's my mother tongue and it feels like no matter what I can write about it... It would feel like something too subjective to be written by me. But let's just say that I find the mexican slang hilarious, the music hilarious and the lyric theme hilarious... it works for me. Sometimes I have a poor taste of humor.

Oops, no offence intended >.< I find most people find it an attractive language anyway. I find Polish and Chinese worse though, no offence to those people either >.<

But yeah, I don't speak the language so I can't really say much about that. You're probably right though.
08.03.2011 - 21:17
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Guest on 08.03.2011 at 21:12

Oops, no offence intended >.< I find most people find it an attractive language anyway. I find Polish and Chinese worse though, no offence to those people either >.<

But yeah, I don't speak the language so I can't really say much about that. You're probably right though.

Don't worry man, no offense taken as I see myself how the language gets tedious (those terrible melodramatic tv-shows don't help either). I actually dislike A LOT the spanish that people speak in spain.. It drives em crazy... so much emphasis in the Z. One thing about english that I don't like doesn't really have to the language to do... but with the people that speak it... There is a girl I know that is originally from Poland but oh my god her brittish accent is more brittish than the brittish people, it's fake as fuck... UGH.
----
Rod, let me love you.
08.03.2011 - 21:26
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 08.03.2011 at 21:17

Don't worry man, no offense taken as I see myself how the language gets tedious (those terrible melodramatic tv-shows don't help either). I actually dislike A LOT the spanish that people speak in spain.. It drives em crazy... so much emphasis in the Z. One thing about english that I don't like doesn't really have to the language to do... but with the people that speak it... There is a girl I know that is originally from Poland but oh my god her brittish accent is more brittish than the brittish people, it's fake as fuck... UGH.

It's strange isn't it how other people who speak other languages often adopt different forms of English. I know a couple of Swedish students at my uni who have totally different accents. One has a very American sounding accent and the other has perfect southern english.

Hits total: 3527 | This month: 7